Most theoritical PC to X1 builds are dishonest.

#121Cowboy082288(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2014 3:11:40 PM
K/M is immaterial to what I'm talking about. I'm talking about a 1 to 1 PC build to X1. As in what is in the box on the shelf of a store.

To exclude the controller and camera/mic makes it an unrealistic comparison. Or when websites do exclude those things they should at least mention it.

Such as 'this pc build does exclude having a 1080p camera, a stand mic, and a 60 dollar controller.'
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#122BilliePilgrimPosted 4/29/2014 9:02:00 PM
Cowboy082288 posted...
K/M is immaterial to what I'm talking about. I'm talking about a 1 to 1 PC build to X1. As in what is in the box on the shelf of a store.

To exclude the controller and camera/mic makes it an unrealistic comparison. Or when websites do exclude those things they should at least mention it.

Such as 'this pc build does exclude having a 1080p camera, a stand mic, and a 60 dollar controller.'

The reason it often does exclude is most people already have a mouse and keyboard. Its not exactly like an xbox one because computers don't have proprietary input devices as the standard. Plus, if you're going to pursue this, "out of the box" a PC has full access to all of it's online capabilities, the xbox does not. So you have to include the cost of XBL over the life of the console. That's easily an extra $200-400 that nobody ever talks about. $100 of camera, mic, m/k doesn't even make much of a dent in the consoles additional cost, so in my eyes consoles have been getting away with looking significantly cheaper than they actually are.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://i.imgur.com/9bAOZZq.jpg
#123mike468Posted 4/29/2014 9:10:46 PM
heffley19 posted...
My brother just bought a PC for DayZ but it isn't top of the line and spent alot of $$$ on it still. I watched him play DayZ, it just stutters and consitantly just jumps around. If you don't have top of the line PC you can't play most of the best games. I will just wait until it comes out on Xbox1. I get PC gamers if you only want PC but, I can't afford to drop that kind of money on a computer.

Most Sony trolls will argue you can just slap a GTX 750 ti into an off the rack PC and it will be betterand cheaper than an XBO, because of some dip**** article by some moron on GameSpot.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#124schmarkenheimerPosted 4/30/2014 1:36:11 AM
vashtricham posted...
schmarkenheimer posted...
82xeno posted...
godplaysSNES posted...
It's dishonest that very few price comparisons include the cost of PS+ and Live Gold for the consoles.

This...and also keyboard and mouse. I would say a decent mouse/KB combo would run you about $80 alone.

Do you not have a KB+M? If you're doing that, include a new TV for the new console.

Big difference, If i am building a gaming pc why would I use a crappy KB/M made for office use and not buy a gaming mouse and Keyboard. Again to make most builds you are cheaping out on many features.

Why would I buy a new KB + M with every new PC?
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#125Cowboy082288(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2014 1:52:00 AM
I mean seriously. Look as this BS. They don't even include an optical drive in their builds:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/can-we-build-a-gaming-pc-on-a-console-budget/1100-6418829/

I mean seriously, you own a Blu-ray, DVD, or CD? Well forget using them on their crap builds.

They also go get the worst K/M they can find just to cut the cost down and pretend that's as good as owning a 60 dollar controller?

Look I love PC gaming but like most PC gamers I realized that certain genres really do require a controller and I had to go buy one.
---
#126BilliePilgrimPosted 4/30/2014 1:59:31 AM
Cowboy082288 posted...
I mean seriously. Look as this BS. They don't even include an optical drive in their builds:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/can-we-build-a-gaming-pc-on-a-console-budget/1100-6418829/

I mean seriously, you own a Blu-ray, DVD, or CD? Well forget using them on their crap builds.

They also go get the worst K/M they can find just to cut the cost down and pretend that's as good as owning a 60 dollar controller?

Look I love PC gaming but like most PC gamers I realized that certain genres really do require a controller and I had to go buy one.

I have one optical drive I swap between PCs. It's also like a $15 part. Nobody gaming on a PC regularly uses an optical drive. I haven't used mine since the last time I reinstalled W7, which was months ago, and if I wasn't so lazy I'd put it on a USB and never need an optical drive again. I've also used a $15 m/k combo. Hasn't got any bells or whistles, but it's still a better input device than a controller. Hate to break that to you.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://i.imgur.com/9bAOZZq.jpg
#127Cowboy082288(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2014 2:06:38 AM
BilliePilgrim posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...

I have one optical drive I swap between PCs. It's also like a $15 part. Nobody gaming on a PC regularly uses an optical drive. I haven't used mine since the last time I reinstalled W7, which was months ago, and if I wasn't so lazy I'd put it on a USB and never need an optical drive again. I've also used a $15 m/k combo. Hasn't got any bells or whistles, but it's still a better input device than a controller. Hate to break that to you.

Why is it that people like you throughout this thread are continually to dense to understand the concept of a 1 to 1 build???

Also K/M is great..... for some things. But I am a PC gamer so your not fooling me. I know for a fact that K/M is crap for certain games. SF4, DMC 3 & 4 are on my PC right now and you can bet I use a controller for them.
---
#128TenzhiPosted 4/30/2014 2:37:07 AM
I'd say the real reason price comparisons between a build-your-own PC and an XBOne are, to quote the TC, "disingenuous" is the "build-your-own" part of the equation.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#129Spetsnaz420Posted 4/30/2014 2:55:50 AM
Cowboy082288 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
chrish909 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Kinect isn't required for gaming, it's just a UI input device. Building the comparison for actual gaming purposes, granted you can't play the lackluster Kinect games such as Rivals but it's a trade off.

Edit: Why include a quality mic? It's not like the Xbox One's Kinect picks up your voice flawless, it works around 80% of the time. 1080P Camera is like $10 and a Mic that would pick up your voice 80% of the time is $10

Satisfied now or you going to be butthurt some more?

Wow did you bump your head or something this morning, how could you make up so many facts in one post? The kinect doesnt pick up any voice 20% of the time? A kinect costs 20$?

The only reason you come here is because of deep severe butthurt, so I wouldnt mention it if I was you. If I was you Id get help for my mental illness tho.

Keep on trolling, kid!

Manufacturing cost of the Kinect they estimate at 80 dollars. And of course you can not buy a webcam or mic at manufacturing cost.

Keep on trolling kid.

He isn't far off though... $10 for the camera is an exaggeration, but it wouldn't cost nearly $80 for a cam of comparable quality with a built in mic.

This whole thread is pretty dumb though because the point of those builds is to have a PC that can play the same games at the same if not higher reaolutio/FPS. I'm pretty sure PC gamers aren't interested in Kinect, or they would just buy an X1.

Seriously stop trying to tote Kinect as a selling point... It's not for more people than not.
---
Searching for my long lost twin, is this you?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#130Cowboy082288(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2014 3:03:29 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...

He isn't far off though... $10 for the camera is an exaggeration, but it wouldn't cost nearly $80 for a cam of comparable quality with a built in mic.

This whole thread is pretty dumb though because the point of those builds is to have a PC that can play the same games at the same if not higher reaolutio/FPS. I'm pretty sure PC gamers aren't interested in Kinect, or they would just buy an X1.

Seriously stop trying to tote Kinect as a selling point... It's not for more people than not.

1080p camera and a stand mic for anything under 60 dollars is a joke cheap product. My tri pod mic alone cost me 70 dollars.

And again I'll say it. I play on pc and prefer it. Guess what I also have a camera and mic for pc and know what decent ones cost. Now if you want to link up some cheap ass 20 dollar camera/mic setup and say it's the same thing, go ahead. But you would just be lying to yourself.
---