Most theoritical PC to X1 builds are dishonest.

#131Spetsnaz420Posted 4/30/2014 3:11:42 AM
Cowboy082288 posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...

He isn't far off though... $10 for the camera is an exaggeration, but it wouldn't cost nearly $80 for a cam of comparable quality with a built in mic.

This whole thread is pretty dumb though because the point of those builds is to have a PC that can play the same games at the same if not higher reaolutio/FPS. I'm pretty sure PC gamers aren't interested in Kinect, or they would just buy an X1.

Seriously stop trying to tote Kinect as a selling point... It's not for more people than not.

1080p camera and a stand mic for anything under 60 dollars is a joke cheap product. My tri pod mic alone cost me 70 dollars.

And again I'll say it. I play on pc and prefer it. Guess what I also have a camera and mic for pc and know what decent ones cost. Now if you want to link up some cheap ass 20 dollar camera/mic setup and say it's the same thing, go ahead. But you would just be lying to yourself.

So you completely breezed past my main point but OK I'll humor you...

Some time last decade I picked up a logitech 1080p webcam with built in mic for $40. It was on sale mind you but the quality was excellent. Endedup fgiving it to a friend who's GF moved out of town for school because I never used it.

Now will you argue my main point? That it is in fact cheaper PC than these consoles that perform at least on par with them. I know you can't because my current rig is cheaper and out performs them easily
---
Searching for my long lost twin, is this you?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#132Cowboy082288(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2014 3:21:34 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...

He isn't far off though... $10 for the camera is an exaggeration, but it wouldn't cost nearly $80 for a cam of comparable quality with a built in mic.

This whole thread is pretty dumb though because the point of those builds is to have a PC that can play the same games at the same if not higher reaolutio/FPS. I'm pretty sure PC gamers aren't interested in Kinect, or they would just buy an X1.

Seriously stop trying to tote Kinect as a selling point... It's not for more people than not.

1080p camera and a stand mic for anything under 60 dollars is a joke cheap product. My tri pod mic alone cost me 70 dollars.

And again I'll say it. I play on pc and prefer it. Guess what I also have a camera and mic for pc and know what decent ones cost. Now if you want to link up some cheap ass 20 dollar camera/mic setup and say it's the same thing, go ahead. But you would just be lying to yourself.

So you completely breezed past my main point but OK I'll humor you...

Some time last decade I picked up a logitech 1080p webcam with built in mic for $40. It was on sale mind you but the quality was excellent. Endedup fgiving it to a friend who's GF moved out of town for school because I never used it.

Now will you argue my main point? That it is in fact cheaper PC than these consoles that perform at least on par with them. I know you can't because my current rig is cheaper and out performs them easily

Anecdotal stories about deals you found don't mean crap. Link up the mic and camera.

As for the rest of what you said..... wow I mean just wow. I never in this thread, I mean not one time said that it is impossible to get better performance on a game from a PC for less that 500 dollars. All I ever said is that excluding the camera and mic is a disengeuous build.

And having thought more about it I now think an optical drive and equivalent controller should be included as well.

But go ahead, link up your pc build.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#133Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/30/2014 6:52:41 AM
TC still trying to justify.

You don't need the Kinect in the PC build, you don't need an optical drive because nobody in their right mind uses it.

The build is to show what you would need to play Xbox One equivalent games on the PC, all of which have absolutely no Kinect support on the PC

It's about gaming, it's not about Skype.

Does not matter if consumers are forced to buy the Kinect with their Xbox One, a PC gamer does not have to buy it and it would serve no purpose as there is no game support for it on PC

TL:DR Just because you guys are stuck with the Kinect 2.0, does not mean PC gamers have to be so no It's not being included in the build because a Kinect is completely worthless on PC and for Xbox One gaming.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#134Pixx0Posted 4/30/2014 8:46:00 AM
Lol at Tc who suddenly realizes he bought an overpriced piece of "old gen" tech.

While you enjoy your glorified "forced in the throat" camera/micro, people who are serious about gaming and have something else than hot water between their ears, will go get one that can run games past 720p and 30 fps with average settings.

You get what you pay for they say

(sadly, that's not even true with the xbone)
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#135Darkside_ShadowPosted 4/30/2014 8:59:24 AM(edited)
I have built a couple PC's, and for $500 you get utter crap.

The thing is anything less than 1920x1080 will look horrible on a PC.
And anything less than 60fps on PC is unplayable.

Console games and hardware are always running at optimal settings.
So you might get 1600x900 at 30ish fps, but at least you know it's the best it can be with
the hardware. And that saves you hours of stress with adjusting settings and downloading drivers.

I HATE adjusting graphical settings and downloading drivers. Just be optimal ffs.
#136Pixx0Posted 4/30/2014 12:22:36 PM
Darkside_Shadow posted...
I have built a couple PC's, and for $500 you get utter crap.

The thing is anything less than 1920x1080 will look horrible on a PC.
And anything less than 60fps on PC is unplayable.

Hahahahahahahah post of the day material here!
Yeah sure, because sub 1080p and 30fps looks fine on console maybe?
Same logic applies to both but you're just full of it it seems. Or not much of a super techie as you seem to imply. Stay away from anything more complicated than a gameboy please.

Console games and hardware are always running at optimal settings.
So you might get 1600x900 at 30ish fps, but at least you know it's the best it can be with
the hardware.

I almost forgot it went even better after the first few sentences! This is pure gold!

I HATE adjusting graphical settings and downloading drivers. Just be optimal ffs.

Just as I said, stay away from adults' stuff. The gameboy is sold for cheap
---
#137DerekLoffinPosted 4/30/2014 12:32:46 PM
There is a lot of problems with the usual build comparisons I've seen:
1. Often miss the OS or try to present as if free OS is remotely viable.
2. No controller.
3. As this topic points out, no kinect or equivalent.
4. No blu-ray drive
5. Use limited qty discounted parts (so only a very small number of people could get this)
6. And in a few cases, don't even make an equivalent system (less memory, weaker GPU/CPU).

You can indeed make some pretty cheap PCs, but simple fact is, PC gaming isn't a cheap buy in cost.
---
--
I am power made flesh, feel how weak you truly are. --Akuma
#138-FryShakeWad-Posted 4/30/2014 12:34:47 PM
So many salty PC elitists.
---
I am Ultimate Warrior. You are the Ultimate Warrior fans. And the spirit of The Ultimate Warrior will run forever! - James Brian Hellwig (R.I.P)
#139mokmuudPosted 4/30/2014 12:40:33 PM
$75 for Xbox one kinect on amazon.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#140Pixx0Posted 4/30/2014 12:42:23 PM
DerekLoffin posted...
There is a lot of problems with the usual build comparisons I've seen:
1. Often miss the OS or try to present as if free OS is remotely viable.
2. No controller.
3. As this topic points out, no kinect or equivalent.
4. No blu-ray drive
5. Use limited qty discounted parts (so only a very small number of people could get this)
6. And in a few cases, don't even make an equivalent system (less memory, weaker GPU/CPU).

You can indeed make some pretty cheap PCs, but simple fact is, PC gaming isn't a cheap buy in cost.

Simple fact is, maybe you enjoy paying games $60 with lower res/fps, I don't. I'm enjoying paying $20/30 for brand new releases (lower with sales) and those $300 extras I put in a better rig, well, you know what????

After like 10 games bought (you know, $30 less per game...), they're already forgotten...unless....

oh yes... people only buy like 5 games on their gaming system? That's what you're saying? :p

salty pc elitists? Nah man, just smart people who aren't fed with bs from say, MS gaming division?

After all, how many pc gamers did you see complain their game was running on a sub 720p/30fps version lately?

*whistles*
---