Most theoritical PC to X1 builds are dishonest.

#171Cowboy082288(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2014 2:01:05 AM
cminc posted...
I built the pc in my sig. It was my first ever and i had no problems at all. Needed no help and had no one to turn to if things went wrong. I'm not all that smart either. Anyone could build a pc now so long as they understand that square pegs fit into square holes. 99% of the build is no harder than that. The rest is cable management and connecting power. You just have to get over being afraid to handle things. Which, believe it or not, is easy to do.

Watch an amateur part review on youtube. Nothing big and professional like the newegg channel. You need to see how amatuer builders review 400 dollar gpu's on a dirty blanket in a filthy bedroom. And watch as thy clumsily install this part youre terrified to look at with their non dominant hand, because theyre holding the camera with their good hand, WHILE their pc tower is open, all panels removed, laying on its side, on carpeted floors, unlevel, partway onto crusty laundry. SLAM SLAM SLAM "Oh, (heavy breathing) it's backwards" slam slam click! "There. Thats how you install it." Theyre not trying to be funny, either.

Then be amazed that the damn thing works, call it a miracle and then go to another video, of those recommended, and see something worse, that still, works like it didnt get the crap beat out of it.

I say all that to say this: The fact that you care about handling your pc components, likely means that you care too much, guys. Relax and i promise youll do fine. If not, send the part back to newegg saying it doesnt work and get a new one. Or go back to the store and complain. Youre stressing over nothing but a few moments of your time and the possibility of temporary failure tbat doesnt cost you anything, here. Stop it.

The build in my sig took 5 hours. Mostly due to fear of static and 'omg i think i touched the board with the wrong side of the glove and i didnt have my hairnet and mask positioned right!!" I can throw one together naked while im eating a sandwich next to my dog now in less than 40 minutes.

Basically this. We don't live in the late 70s or early 80s. PC building is easy as crap, the other poster acting like it is some high lvl engineering is being ridiculous. Plug the components in and load the software..... done. That's it. Hardly any kind of complex work.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#172mokmuudPosted 5/1/2014 2:12:07 AM
True it is very easy but you're not going to get anything worth a damn for $500 starting from scratch.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#173BilliePilgrimPosted 5/1/2014 2:14:25 AM
mokmuud posted...
True it is very easy but you're not going to get anything worth a damn for $500 starting from scratch.

There's been a build posted multiple times in this thread so far.

FX-6300 and a 7850. More than sufficient to play modern games at high settings with good framerates. People are only complaining because it doesn't have kinect, as if that is some enormous part of the XB1 experience that everyone uses.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://i.imgur.com/9bAOZZq.jpg
#174TenzhiPosted 5/1/2014 2:35:10 AM
Cowboy082288 posted...
Basically this. We don't live in the late 70s or early 80s. PC building is easy as crap, the other poster acting like it is some high lvl engineering is being ridiculous. Plug the components in and load the software..... done. That's it. Hardly any kind of complex work.

I wouldn't call it high level engineering, it's just something that I, personally, am highly leery of because electricity and I have a torrid past. But that's beside the point, which is the unfactored value of convenience, anyway. It's been a couple of years since I was shopping for a PC, but the difference between getting the components yourself and putting together a PC versus buying the equivalent PC already put together was fairly significant. And that difference is an example of the value of convenience that is... conveniently... forgotten in these sorts of comparisons.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#175mokmuudPosted 5/1/2014 2:46:15 AM
BilliePilgrim posted...
mokmuud posted...

FX-6300 and a 7850. More than sufficient to play modern games at high settings with good framerates. People are only complaining because it doesn't have kinect, as if that is some enormous part of the XB1 experience that everyone uses.

Like I said you're not getting anything worth it for $500.
Plus I didn't see any optical drives in those builds and I'm certainly not doing any serious gaming with a crap k/m.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#176BilliePilgrimPosted 5/1/2014 3:25:10 AM
mokmuud posted...
BilliePilgrim posted...
mokmuud posted...

Like I said you're not getting anything worth it for $500.
Plus I didn't see any optical drives in those builds and I'm certainly not doing any serious gaming with a crap k/m.

An FX-6300 and 7850 will run BF4 high settings at around 60fps

http://anandtech.com/bench/product/1076

Obviously it's not going to buy you a R9 290x and a 4770K. It gets you something that will run games at high settings at 1080p, which is more than the xbox one gets you for the same price.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://i.imgur.com/9bAOZZq.jpg