Most theoritical PC to X1 builds are dishonest.

#31Cowboy082288(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 7:51:54 AM
82xeno posted...
godplaysSNES posted...
It's dishonest that very few price comparisons include the cost of PS+ and Live Gold for the consoles.

This...and also keyboard and mouse. I would say a decent mouse/KB combo would run you about $80 alone.

I'm not sure I follow you here K/M would be added cost to a PC build and PS+ and live gold are added cost to a console. Rather offsetting at least for the first year. Over time the ps+ and live would out weigh the K/M.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#32Tyronelio1Posted 4/28/2014 7:57:46 AM
Okay, for the pc elitest.

Build me a pc that's future proof for 10+ years, has an incredibly reliable mouse nd keyboard for only $500.

If you can do that then ill be impressed.

The hardware must also be from 2012/2013 like the x1.
---
Welcome to Sonyfaqs.com.
Currently playing: FF: 13-3, NBA 2K13, Lego: Batman/LotR, The Sims 3: Pets, Hitman HD Trilogy and LotR: War in the North.
#33Cowboy082288(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 8:01:46 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

Like I said, other than two horrible Kinect games, why would a person want this? The Kinect is irrelevant to gaming, it's just a UI input device for the most part and then Microsoft has RARE to develop another medicore title for it and so on.

If you wish tho

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-23-kinect-2-0-for-windows-due-next-year

Since you have to add an additional $60 to use the features of the Xbox One that you don't have to on the PC, I'll add that $60 to the PC and that other $20 and there is the $80, you said it's $80, right?

So now what?

Let me use an updated link

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-shows-off-the-final-design-of-kinect-for-windows-v2/1100-6418615/

Yawn........ preference of what you like has nothing to do with this. Kinect 2.0 eventually coming to windows is old news. Like a year old news. Glad you just found out. What matters for this topic is what will it retail for when it does. Add the $60 is fine, though it's not part of the hardware. But as I said in another post K/M is often excluded in PC builds. So throw that in to.

as for "So now what?"

Do you know how much that makes you sound like a child?
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#34Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/28/2014 8:17:08 AM
Cowboy082288 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

Like I said, other than two horrible Kinect games, why would a person want this? The Kinect is irrelevant to gaming, it's just a UI input device for the most part and then Microsoft has RARE to develop another medicore title for it and so on.

If you wish tho

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-23-kinect-2-0-for-windows-due-next-year

Since you have to add an additional $60 to use the features of the Xbox One that you don't have to on the PC, I'll add that $60 to the PC and that other $20 and there is the $80, you said it's $80, right?

So now what?

Let me use an updated link

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-shows-off-the-final-design-of-kinect-for-windows-v2/1100-6418615/

Yawn........ preference of what you like has nothing to do with this. Kinect 2.0 eventually coming to windows is old news. Like a year old news. Glad you just found out. What matters for this topic is what will it retail for when it does. Add the $60 is fine, though it's not part of the hardware. But as I said in another post K/M is often excluded in PC builds. So throw that in to.

as for "So now what?"

Do you know how much that makes you sound like a child?

A child would only make a topic such as this, I'm just asking, what is your argument now, simply, really.

Mouse/KB = $20 also

I'm not sure why people have this stigma about PCs, it's not that expensive.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#35Tyronelio1Posted 4/28/2014 8:19:52 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...

Build me a pc that's future proof for 10+ years, has an incredibly reliable mouse nd keyboard for only $500.

Xeeh? C'mon man.
---
Welcome to Sonyfaqs.com.
Currently playing: FF: 13-3, NBA 2K13, Lego: Batman/LotR, The Sims 3: Pets, Hitman HD Trilogy and LotR: War in the North.
#36Viet0nePosted 4/28/2014 8:22:12 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...

Xbox One hardware is from 2012

$390 AMD APU Kit
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1622704
$80 Add-on GPU for Hybrid Crossfire
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121645
$30 Gaming Keyboard/Mouse
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823129030

$500 Complete PC Kit which can be used with SteamOS

Will outperform the Xbox One/Ps4 for their entire lifetime. You could easily save $50 or more shopping around for individual parts instead of getting the whole kit.
---
Currently Playing: FFXIV ARR, FFXHD, Spelunky, Infamous SS
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#37Tyronelio1Posted 4/28/2014 8:25:07 AM
Alright nice but you forgot the kinect.
---
Welcome to Sonyfaqs.com.
#38Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/28/2014 8:26:12 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...

Kinect is free, remember.. no pay online, so use that money to buy the Kinect 2.0 when it releases this Summer
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#3982xenoPosted 4/28/2014 8:26:12 AM
Cowboy082288 posted...
82xeno posted...
godplaysSNES posted...
It's dishonest that very few price comparisons include the cost of PS+ and Live Gold for the consoles.

This...and also keyboard and mouse. I would say a decent mouse/KB combo would run you about $80 alone.

I'm not sure I follow you here K/M would be added cost to a PC build and PS+ and live gold are added cost to a console. Rather offsetting at least for the first year. Over time the ps+ and live would out weigh the K/M.

Yeah, alot of builds add on the K/M to the cost. But not many build comparisons include XBL/PS+ in cost comparison. Which is why I find this topic funny. Remove the KB/M cost from builds and you may have a point about honesty, but kinect as a whole is pointless in regards to PC requirements.
---
Shwing
#40Tyronelio1Posted 4/28/2014 8:33:16 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

Kinect is free, remember.. no pay online, so use that money to buy the Kinect 2.0 when it releases this Summer

No it doesn't count.

We are talking about what comes in the box.

No added features.

So yeah.
---
Welcome to Sonyfaqs.com.