Most theoritical PC to X1 builds are dishonest.

#41Cowboy082288(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 7:34:05 AM
Omg you are dense Xee. First I prefer PC gameing. I chose to put off getting an X1 just recently because I wanted to put together a new PC. I'm just trying to be honest about the hardware you get when you buy an X1. It is disingenuous to not include the cost of a camera and mic device when doing a hypothetical build. What the purchaser does with the device is irrelevant.

Whether they use it to play Kinect sports or to make Skype calls or to stream their face on twitch or they just like using it to scan bar codes or if they never even take it out the box does not matter. It is part of the hardware you get when you buy the device. Not to mention the $60 controller people always conveniently leave out of their hypothetical build.

As someone that plays most my games on a PC I am looking forward to getting the X1 controller for windows. Try playing DmC with a keyboard, it sucks. Though for some genres K/M is better.

Stop assuming you know anything about me or what platforms I like.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#42reincarnator07Posted 4/28/2014 7:34:24 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
Okay, for the pc elitest.

Build me a pc that's future proof for 10+ years, has an incredibly reliable mouse nd keyboard for only $500.

If you can do that then ill be impressed.

The hardware must also be from 2012/2013 like the x1.

It's not exactly a secret that PC hardware is more expensive than console hardware. Just like it's no secret that sales on Steam, GoG, Amazon, GMG, Humble Bundle and many others will get you several full PC games for the price of a single console game.

In short, don't compare the hardware prices, compare all the costs of gaming on each platform.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#43Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/28/2014 7:34:43 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
Alright nice but you forgot the kinect.

Kinect is free, remember.. no pay online, so use that money to buy the Kinect 2.0 when it releases this Summer

No it doesn't count.

We are talking about what comes in the box.

No added features.

So yeah.

Excuse me? You realize you can't use half the features of the Xbox One without Gold?

Here is what you can do without Xbox Live

Nothing!
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#44Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/28/2014 7:35:41 AM
Cowboy082288 posted...

Stop assuming you know anything about me or what platforms I like.

I never said anything about your character, why you tripping?
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
#45Tyronelio1Posted 4/28/2014 7:39:34 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

Kinect is free, remember.. no pay online, so use that money to buy the Kinect 2.0 when it releases this Summer

No it doesn't count.

No added features.

So yeah.

Excuse me? You realize you can't use half the features of the Xbox One without Gold?

Nothing!

Wrong again, bam strike two.

You can play games with your x1 without gold... We are merely talking about the hardware side of things.

If someone can build me a future proof pc with the kinect for $500 I will be impressed.

Hell I could even stretch that and ask for a pc that offers me two free triple AAA games that just came out in the last half year, a year of gold for free so that's taken care of and the console + kinect for $450 or even $429 as some people have found at target. :D
---
Welcome to Sonyfaqs.com.
Currently playing: FF: 13-3, NBA 2K13, Lego: Batman/LotR, The Sims 3: Pets, Hitman HD Trilogy and LotR: War in the North.
#46CKnightPosted 4/28/2014 7:41:27 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

Build me a pc that's future proof for 10+ years, has an incredibly reliable mouse nd keyboard for only $500.

Xeeh? C'mon man.

Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

Like I said, other than two horrible Kinect games, why would a person want this? The Kinect is irrelevant to gaming, it's just a UI input device for the most part and then Microsoft has RARE to develop another medicore title for it and so on.

If you wish tho

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-23-kinect-2-0-for-windows-due-next-year

Since you have to add an additional $60 to use the features of the Xbox One that you don't have to on the PC, I'll add that $60 to the PC and that other $20 and there is the $80, you said it's $80, right?

So now what?

Let me use an updated link

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-shows-off-the-final-design-of-kinect-for-windows-v2/1100-6418615/

Yawn........ preference of what you like has nothing to do with this. Kinect 2.0 eventually coming to windows is old news. Like a year old news. Glad you just found out. What matters for this topic is what will it retail for when it does. Add the $60 is fine, though it's not part of the hardware. But as I said in another post K/M is often excluded in PC builds. So throw that in to.

as for "So now what?"

Do you know how much that makes you sound like a child?

A child would only make a topic such as this, I'm just asking, what is your argument now, simply, really.

Mouse/KB = $20 also

I'm not sure why people have this stigma about PCs, it's not that expensive.

Why is everything on the cheap end? The X1 may not be the strongest console but it oozes quality.

All I ever see from the just build a PC crowd is cheap parts and the ignorance that bringing all these cheap parts together is going to satisfy someone interested in an X1.
#47Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/28/2014 7:42:08 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

No it doesn't count.

No added features.

So yeah.

Nothing!

Wrong again, bam strike two.

You can play games with your x1 without gold... We are merely talking about the hardware side of things.

If someone can build me a future proof pc with the kinect for $500 I will be impressed.

Hell I could even stretch that and ask for a pc that offers me two free triple AAA games that just came out in the last half year, a year of gold for free so that's taken care of and the console + kinect for $450 or even $429 as some people have found at target. :D

Yeah but what would I need a Kinect for without Gold? I can't make Skype calls, games don't really even support it other than Kinect Rivals or that other horrible game. So without gold, I'm forced to buy the Kinect that's practically a paper weight because most of its usefulness is behind a Gold paywall

BTW, Graphic cards comes with AAA games, take a look at AMDs bundle.. 2-3 free games and don't need gold on the PC, we're not behind paywalls lol
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
#48Cowboy082288(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 7:42:18 AM
reincarnator07 posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

It's not exactly a secret that PC hardware is more expensive than console hardware. Just like it's no secret that sales on Steam, GoG, Amazon, GMG, Humble Bundle and many others will get you several full PC games for the price of a single console game.

In short, don't compare the hardware prices, compare all the costs of gaming on each platform.

I agree that it is fair to compare lifetime cost of a platform. But that is a different discussion. I'm specifically referring to all these hypothetical hardware to hardware comparisons that I see all over the web.

Both Sony and MS are taking near 0 profit from console sales. It's pretty much impossible to compete with that in a PC build because you can't buy components at manufacturing cost.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#49Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/28/2014 7:43:02 AM
CKnight posted...

Why is everything on the cheap end? The X1 may not be the strongest console but it oozes quality.

Yeah, the controller for the Xbox One screams quality
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
#50-FryShakeWad-Posted 4/28/2014 7:44:13 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Kinect isn't required for gaming, it's just a UI input device. Building the comparison for actual gaming purposes, granted you can't play the lackluster Kinect games such as Rivals but it's a trade off.

Edit: Why include a quality mic? It's not like the Xbox One's Kinect picks up your voice flawless, it works around 80% of the time. 1080P Camera is like $10 and a Mic that would pick up your voice 80% of the time is $10

Satisfied now or you going to be butthurt some more?

You honestly sound like the one who's butt is hurting. Bro.
---
I am Ultimate Warrior. You are the Ultimate Warrior fans. And the spirit of The Ultimate Warrior will run forever! - James Brian Hellwig (R.I.P)