Most theoritical PC to X1 builds are dishonest.

#91lilj812Posted 4/28/2014 10:42:20 AM
-FryShakeWad- posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
-FryShakeWad- posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
-FryShakeWad- posted...

Weird, I didn't see you saying you were joking in the post I quoted. Maybe you forgot to edit that part in. Either way it makes you sound stupid IMO.

What?

Sigh.... When you posted specs for the ps4 saying it was a comparable build you never stated, jk or I'm joking. Am I to assume everything you say is a joke?

I assumed that people were intelligent and could assume that it was a joke since the topic is about building a PC equivalent Xbox One.

I guess that elitist attitude is hard for me to read into. But you covered your ass so it's ok. We all know an Xb1 is better than some $400-$500 PC anyway.

What?? A 400-500 dollar computer could easily smoke an Xbox one in performance. Lol don't talk about something if you clearly lack knowledge.
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#92Cowboy082288(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 10:47:59 AM
The other thing that is consistently over looked is optimization. Games will continue to look better over the coming years on the PS4 and X1. The same can not be said for a 400 or 500 dollar PC.

For example the X360 came out in 2005, at a cost of 400 dollars. There is no PC for 400 dollars in 2005 that would run GTAV at the same graphical level that the X360 did in 2013.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#93Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/28/2014 10:51:30 AM
Cowboy082288 posted...
The other thing that is consistently over looked is optimization. Games will continue to look better over the coming years on the PS4 and X1. The same can not be said for a 400 or 500 dollar PC.

For example the X360 came out in 2005, at a cost of 400 dollars. There is no PC for 400 dollars in 2005 that would run GTAV at the same graphical level that the X360 did in 2013.

That is not relevant, in 2005 PC hardware was more expensive than it is today for the level of performance. Not to mention, the 360 was actually advanced for it's time. It took a $1,500 computer to easily even match it when it released. A $150 GPU beats the Xbox One.

Also, the optimization that console had is gone with Direct X 12 allowing to the metal programming on PC. Xbox One will use the same API as PC, the optimization will be the same.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#94Cowboy082288(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 11:06:59 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...

That is not relevant, in 2005 PC hardware was more expensive than it is today for the level of performance. Not to mention, the 360 was actually advanced for it's time. It took a $1,500 computer to easily even match it when it released. A $150 GPU beats the Xbox One.

Also, the optimization that console had is gone with Direct X 12 allowing to the metal programming on PC. Xbox One will use the same API as PC, the optimization will be the same.

:) DX12 is trying to allow less layers of abstraction from machine language while maintaining the efficiency of time/money that high lvl languages bring. That is not the same as optimizing to a specific hardware architecture.
---
#95Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/28/2014 11:16:01 AM
Cowboy082288 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...

:) DX12 is trying to allow less layers of abstraction from machine language while maintaining the efficiency of time/money that high lvl languages bring. That is not the same as optimizing to a specific hardware architecture.

What?

For someone who uses a PC to game with, you sure are ignorant.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
#96-FryShakeWad-Posted 4/28/2014 11:25:47 AM
"It's not..

$500 PC running BF4 will look better than the Xbox One version"

Calm down I was joking. I thought you could tell these things.
---
I am Ultimate Warrior. You are the Ultimate Warrior fans. And the spirit of The Ultimate Warrior will run forever! - James Brian Hellwig (R.I.P)
#97ExempliGratiaPosted 4/28/2014 11:30:08 AM
chrish909 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Kinect isn't required for gaming, it's just a UI input device. Building the comparison for actual gaming purposes, granted you can't play the lackluster Kinect games such as Rivals but it's a trade off.

Edit: Why include a quality mic? It's not like the Xbox One's Kinect picks up your voice flawless, it works around 80% of the time. 1080P Camera is like $10 and a Mic that would pick up your voice 80% of the time is $10

Satisfied now or you going to be butthurt some more?

Wow did you bump your head or something this morning, how could you make up so many facts in one post? The kinect doesnt pick up any voice 20% of the time? A kinect costs 20$?

The only reason you come here is because of deep severe butthurt, so I wouldnt mention it if I was you. If I was you Id get help for my mental illness tho.

It's Xeeh what you expect?
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#98macmahon187Posted 4/28/2014 11:48:55 AM
Luckily I have the option to buy those items or not.
---
Brought to you by GameFlux
Free GameFAQs app on Google Play!
#99Cowboy082288(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 6:12:48 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...

What?

Let me educate you Xee:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/directx/archive/2014/03/20/directx-12.aspx

"What makes Direct3D 12 better? First and foremost, it provides a lower level of hardware abstraction than ever before, allowing games to significantly improve multithread scaling and CPU utilization."

"Of course, an API is only as good as the tools that help you use it. DirectX 12 will contain great tools for Direct3D, available immediately when Direct3D 12 is released."

My description of the benefits of DX12 was quite accurate. Now let me educate you some more.
You know those graphics settings in PC games? That is a form of optimization. Notice that console games don't have that? That's because the game is much more perfectly optimized to the console. The devs don't need settings, they can code is specifically to do as much as the game can get away with.

Go ahead look it up. There a loose comparisons but devs always say there is no one to one comparison of settings.

Also, since the devs know the exact hardware the consumer has they can keep testing and finding new coding 'tricks' to get more juice out of the system. That would be a waste of time with a specific PC build.

What do you think Xee? That once DX12 hits X1 that all games from that point will be perfectly optimized? That 3 years or 4 years after DX12 comes out that the graphical quality won't be better than it was when DX12 was first being used? Have you seen the DX12 API? Do you know exactly what tools are in it?

I don't think you know much of anything about this. Though you sure put on a good act like you do :P
---
#100Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/28/2014 6:15:48 PM
Cowboy082288 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...

What?

Let me educate you Xee:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/directx/archive/2014/03/20/directx-12.aspx

"What makes Direct3D 12 better? First and foremost, it provides a lower level of hardware abstraction than ever before, allowing games to significantly improve multithread scaling and CPU utilization."

"Of course, an API is only as good as the tools that help you use it. DirectX 12 will contain great tools for Direct3D, available immediately when Direct3D 12 is released."

My description of the benefits of DX12 was quite accurate. Now let me educate you some more.
You know those graphics settings in PC games? That is a form of optimization. Notice that console games don't have that? That's because the game is much more perfectly optimized to the console. The devs don't need settings, they can code is specifically to do as much as the game can get away with.

Go ahead look it up. There a loose comparisons but devs always say there is no one to one comparison of settings.

Also, since the devs know the exact hardware the consumer has they can keep testing and finding new coding 'tricks' to get more juice out of the system. That would be a waste of time with a specific PC build.

What do you think Xee? That once DX12 hits X1 that all games from that point will be perfectly optimized? That 3 years or 4 years after DX12 comes out that the graphical quality won't be better than it was when DX12 was first being used? Have you seen the DX12 API? Do you know exactly what tools are in it?

I don't think you know much of anything about this. Though you sure put on a good act like you do :P

What you said isn't even the same.

"High level languages"

^ WTF

"t, it provides a lower level of hardware abstraction than ever before, allowing games to significantly improve multithread scaling and CPU utilization. In addition, games will benefit from reduced GPU overhead via features such as descriptor tables and concise pipeline state objects. And that’s not all – Direct3D 12 also introduces a set of new rendering pipeline features that will dramatically improve the efficiency of algorithms such as order-independent transparency, collision detection, and geometry culling."

That is exactly what they've been doing on consoles4years
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2