So they're actually bringing DRM back?

#1TrueBlue91Posted 4/28/2014 7:48:32 AM
It seems like it won't be long before we see games with "Cloud-powered" on the back of the case with a little cloud logo, indicating the game MUST be online at all times to utilize said 'power'. Honestly wouldn't surprise me.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
"This isn't even apples to oranges. More like toast to bears." - Bloodychess
#2bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 4/28/2014 7:50:31 AM
My xbox is connected to the internet all the time so it doesn't matter.
---
Don't Blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't Blink. Good Luck.
#3Tyronelio1Posted 4/28/2014 7:51:30 AM
That's a good thing.

I'd love to see what this so called cloud processing can do for my games.
---
Welcome to Sonyfaqs.com.
Currently playing: FF: 13-3, NBA 2K13, Lego: Batman/LotR, The Sims 3: Pets, Hitman HD Trilogy and LotR: War in the North.
#4HorridhalPosted 4/28/2014 7:52:14 AM
This isn't surprising.

What is going to be fun is when people finally wise up and figure out that cloud, when being used with available tech, is ineffective and a waste of resources.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#5SunDevil77Posted 4/28/2014 7:52:16 AM
TrueBlue91 posted...
It seems like it won't be long before we see games with "Cloud-powered" on the back of the case with a little cloud logo, indicating the game MUST be online at all times to utilize said 'power'. Honestly wouldn't surprise me.

Yes. A game must be online to make use of an online feature. So ridiculous.
---
My teeth are swords, my claws are spears, my wings are a hurricane!
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#6TrueBlue91(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 7:52:52 AM
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...

What about people who don't want to always be tethered to the internet? And we all know it's not going to stop at mere connectivity requirement. Don't forget what they tried to pull.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
"This isn't even apples to oranges. More like toast to bears." - Bloodychess
#7Joey-ZazaPosted 4/28/2014 7:52:56 AM
Yeah but what about when you lose internet? This one time in 2012 I lost internet for almost 2 hours...

What ever would you do for the few hours it's down? Would you have to do something else? This is why I'm afraid to buy an X-box One. I may end up dead in the street if I can't play my game for 2 hours.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#8crynryanPosted 4/28/2014 7:53:02 AM
If you're connected, your games will benefit from it. If not, then your games won't be able to.

They're not going to make games that aren't multiplayer rely on the cloud just to be able to play them.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#9bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 4/28/2014 7:57:13 AM
TrueBlue91 posted...
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...

What about people who don't want to always be tethered to the internet? And we all know it's not going to stop at mere connectivity requirement. Don't forget what they tried to pull.

Then why get a console in this generation? Just stick with the 360 or PS3 if you want offline gaming.
---
Don't Blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't Blink. Good Luck.
#10DeadLock25Posted 4/28/2014 8:01:39 AM(edited)
TrueBlue91 posted...
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...

Then dont buy the game. Its the developers choice to use a feature that requires online connectivity, not Microsofts. I dont see how this is anywhere near the eauivalent of what they tried to pull or how this means "they are bringing DRM back"

Destiny is always online, so is Titanfall and any game that uses the cloud servers will be too. Dont like it? Cry to the developers to downgrade the game or dont buy it. MS allowing developers to use those servers (you do know they are optional right?) is not in any way a bad thing.

PS: This is of course assuming that the feature they implement that uses the cloud is somehow critical to the gameplay. If its not, (as is the case with Forza's driveatars) then you simply wont have the feature. You will still be able to play your game.
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244