So they're actually bringing DRM back?

#121BoxTheMuppetPosted 4/28/2014 2:02:46 PM
NightsOwl posted...
BoxTheMuppet posted...
allergyseason posted...
Because maybe some of us don't live at home and work for a living and can't afford the internet

Get a better job if getting internet will put you on the streets. Why are you wasting money on next gen systems if your budget is so tight?

Get your priorities straightened out.

.. Better internet is a monthly bill, for one. That can reach upwards to 60 to 100 dollars for 'good' internet. In 5 to 6 Months, it'll be about the same as if you just bought your console and then more and more. Consoles are a one time purchase with no monthly tacked on fee (unless you pay for online, which is even MORE money just for playing games online). And it's not as easy as "durr hurr I can just get any job I want." If it were that easy don't you think people wouldn't be dirt poor?

But hey, Ignorance and being a fanboy is bliss, isn't it?

So now I'm an ignorant fanboy. You are reading into what he said. Dude said he can't afford internet, like can't afford it at all. If you are poor you shouldn't waste money on next gen systems, even if it's a one time purchase, because they are expensive and you will be living beyond your budget. The 360 and ps3 still exist so he could have saved a bunch of cash by sticking with, or buying, one of those. And people can get better paying jobs but often don't want to do the work. I own a construction company that makes quite a bit. I hire no skilled workers starting out at 15-20 an hour. The pay goes up as they start producing and becoming skilled.

Go rescue someone else from internet bullies.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#122justchill433Posted 4/28/2014 2:23:53 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#123Jon_GodPosted 4/28/2014 2:31:48 PM
This will be great in like 6 years when they start shutting down the cloud servers for old games.

And you can no longer play your single player games.
---
PS3 Fan, but doesn't mind other systems. PSN: Jon_God, XBL: Ernie the Bear
http://savemgo.com/forums/
#124BoxTheMuppetPosted 4/28/2014 2:34:51 PM
Jon_God posted...
This will be great in like 6 years when they start shutting down the cloud servers for old games.

And you can no longer play your single player games.

They won't shut the cloud down. It is used for more than just gaming.

http://www.microsoft.com/enterprise/microsoftcloud/default.aspx#fbid=WSX9682Tuy_
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#125Kageblade23Posted 4/28/2014 2:49:49 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...
It seems like it won't be long before we see games with "Cloud-powered" on the back of the case with a little cloud logo, indicating the game MUST be online at all times to utilize said 'power'. Honestly wouldn't surprise me.

Yes. A game must be online to make use of an online feature. So ridiculous.

no.. i think the ridiculous notion they are getting at is the fact that your console needs to be online to play a single player game... and what about all those people who bought it to play locally who dont have stable internet in their area now their $500 all in one console just became no better than a glorified cable box... thats about 30-40% of the US alone... stop grasping at straws... (ofcourse this is all in the thought that they actually pull a 180 on their policies...again...) you dont need to point out that a console needs to be online to use online features that pretty much a given its the problems outlined above (and im sure there are more concerns than these issues) that need to be addressed properly before the consumer market will willingly accept "always online"
---
Mugiwara no Rufi - Cr3\/\/_|\/|@╪3: Kaleo.T.T.C.
Kaizoku Ou ni Ore wa Naru!
#126MOATS7798Posted 4/28/2014 2:51:44 PM
Love the misleading topic title....must be another slow day over on the Sony boards and nothing to play on the PS4 as usual.....

All the attention on Xbox as usual, love it....
---
In all my years of gaming I've never walked into a store and purchased a game that I've wanted to play based on the resolution.
#127EllesarienPosted 4/28/2014 2:52:20 PM
unclekoolaid73 posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
Lol all the people crying over something they know nothing about or that's remotely bad.

Get better internet.

Most of you crying don't even own a x1 yet you're still complaining lol.

its not that easy for some. Why cant people look past the small world they live in?

Because Capitalism has NEVER and NEVER WILL wait upon the masses. No for-profit company should or can wait for everyone.

Not everyone has phone coverage so damn all those phone companies with their smart phones!!! Why don't they care about Steve living in the woods in West Virginia!!
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#128doraemonllh1989Posted 4/28/2014 3:14:14 PM
xbox is meant for developed countries like America,Microsoft is basically killing themselves, haha good luck to them though,they think sales in America is enough lol
---
i5 4670 | 8 gig g skill jaw | gainward 760gtx 2gb | fsp 550watt silver | asus h87-plus
I like good games
#129crucialPosted 4/28/2014 3:26:23 PM
MS and Sony all ready stated when the DRM issue came to a head that its up to the devs and publishers to use DRM,TF and Destiny for instance are online only games so that is a form of DRM,hell even NBA 2k14 can't be played offline on X1/PS4,I can't even look at my achievements offline on X1,if you are broke and can't afford internet then why buy a PS4/X1?

If you are that broke why even come to this message board?I know if I was broke video games would be the last thing I would think about,I would be putting in apps,going out and finding work or a trade,poor people these days and there entiltements,they think everything should be based on poor people.
#130gobuffalo30Posted 4/28/2014 3:40:52 PM
This is just like around E3 last year, same exact responses by all the people who don't find a problem with always online.