So they're actually bringing DRM back?

#141Mr_Big_BossPosted 4/28/2014 4:30:54 PM
Lapanui posted...
If they can improve graphics slightly with the power of the cloud, they could probably add an option which has two graphical settings, one for when you are online which improves the graphics, and a normal settings version for those who aren't connected to the internet.

I believe this will be the case. I can't imagine any developer making the cloud mandatory.
---
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
#142Kageblade23Posted 4/28/2014 4:36:47 PM
Ellesarien posted...
unclekoolaid73 posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
Lol all the people crying over something they know nothing about or that's remotely bad.

Get better internet.

Most of you crying don't even own a x1 yet you're still complaining lol.

its not that easy for some. Why cant people look past the small world they live in?

Because Capitalism has NEVER and NEVER WILL wait upon the masses. No for-profit company should or can wait for everyone.

Not everyone has phone coverage so damn all those phone companies with their smart phones!!! Why don't they care about Steve living in the woods in West Virginia!!

one or two people living in the boonies of the bayou where its almost impossible to get internet yeah okay thats understandable but come on atleast 30-40% of the us alone dosent have substantial internet coverage to keep up with always online... from over charging for poor internet service capping of up/down speeds dropped service some places only availabile isp being dial up or satellite etc. etc. etc. soo much can go wrong or is wrong in general about this whole thing some precautions will have to be looked at and some prevention's would have to be put in place to offset the bad end of this forward thinking for-profit idea that they supposedly have brewing like not requiring drm to play single player campaigns for those that dont have access to broadband internet or better must everything be downloaded from the cloud? does that 500gig hard drive in there now become more or less moot because you know system patches and dont leave 1 gig dents on the hard drive maybe if its a really big patch or something but highly unlikely and the fact that microsoft dosent care that its basically screwing over half of its own countrys fanbase isnt exactly a for profit forward thinking idea is it?... yea lets piss off half our home countrys fanbase its quite alright we got their money for their glorified cable box :) good on ya mate!

like i said lots of problems from the consumers end if it dosent float with the consumers the consumers arent going to buy it... in the end its not very forward thinking or "for-profit" as you make it seem
---
Mugiwara no Rufi - Cr3\/\/_|\/|@╪3: Kaleo.T.T.C.
Kaizoku Ou ni Ore wa Naru!
#143gogogodzillaPosted 4/28/2014 4:38:55 PM
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...
My xbox is connected to the internet all the time so it doesn't matter.

Until it does matter...

...like when your friendly ISP has a hiccup with it's infrastructure in your neighborhood.
---
My Chicken says, "Cluck!"
#144gogogodzillaPosted 4/28/2014 4:41:23 PM
Tyronelio1 posted...
axelfooley2k5 posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
That's a good thing.

I'd love to see what this so called cloud processing can do for my games.

then when you see you need fios or mega fast internet for it to make any difference...you will be on here defending it

you would defend a turd

I have super fast Internet lol.

That is... until you don't.
---
#145gogogodzillaPosted 4/28/2014 4:47:14 PM
HighwayPilot posted...
If they are going to do this to singleplayer games, I'd like to know about it asap. That way I'll know I'm going to get a PS4 instead of Xbone. I play my games offline.

I won't risk the investment into an Xbone without hard confirmation that this sort of carp will not happen.

That, and the removal of the Kinect.
---
#146zzamaroPosted 4/28/2014 5:31:05 PM
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...

What about people who don't want to always be tethered to the internet? And we all know it's not going to stop at mere connectivity requirement. Don't forget what they tried to pull.

Then why get a console in this generation? Just stick with the 360 or PS3 if you want offline gaming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiUzaqOU06M
---
[This signature was deleted at the request of the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo.]
#147BlackWizardMagusPosted 4/28/2014 7:33:58 PM
Ellesarien posted...
Because Capitalism has NEVER and NEVER WILL wait upon the masses

And that's the most inaccurate statement about economics I have ever read, and that's saying ALOT.

I personally wouldn't really mind everything going digital, if our laws stipulated that games lose copyright protection after so many years, so I know I could always play a copy of it into the future. But requiring us to always be connected to unreliable servers, over unreliable internet, for games that will eventually just cease to exist because they are too old to buy (and there's no servers) but illegal to crack, well, that's clearly just a utopia for corporate suits. Imagine if this happened to movies; you could only watch movies from the last few years, or pay for re-releases of old classics. Niche movies that are too expensive to re-release, well, they'd cease to exist, except at your techie friend's place who illegally cracked them. It'd be like Blade Runner for nerds, except no one would know what Blade Runner was.

Also, why are people so shocked that some of us don't trust or like MS? I mean, they lied to us before, and when we complained, basically said "Blow it out your ear". What exactly would MS have to do before it would be understandable to not believe everything they say? Fund terrorism? Reveal that the board of directors was composed entirely of furries? Buy the rights to Hyperdimension Neptunia and make it their flagship series? I'm not a Sony Pony, I own a goddamn Zune, but I'm also not willing to believe everything some PR clown tells me.
---
"The black wind howls. One among you will shortly perish"
Magus
#148Viper187666Posted 4/28/2014 7:38:36 PM
leelee3105 posted...
for those who dont want to follow the link....

Yoshida told Re/code specifically that Sony intends to shift toward a "service-orientated" business. That is to say, rather than sell expensive pieces of hardware (the PlayStation 4 retails for $399) and physical, disc-based games, Sony would work to make the PlayStation centered around gaming as a service.

Yoshida didn't specifically rule out the existence of a PlayStation 5, saying the company would consider such hardware if game creators eventually found it to be necessary. But if PlayStation Now goes according to plan, it won't be necessary -- with the games being played on remote servers, powerful local hardware isn't needed. In fact, Sony plans to eventually expand PlayStation Now to other Internet-connected devices, including smart TVs, smartphones, and tablets.

That will pretty much only work for people in cities. Anyone in the boonies is back to being just as screwed as when they were still on dialup, assuming they're not still on it. The internet infrastructure just isn't ready for such heavy reliance on fast internet.
---
I refuse to buy XB1 until it's sold without Kinect. No, I'm not a Sony fanboy. See? http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/DSCN0220.JPG
#149HeracylostPosted 4/28/2014 7:51:54 PM
MS just likes shooting themselves in the foot repeatedly. If the board wants to kill the brand, they're doing a good job. Probably telling the guys at X bone hq. Yeah guys that's a stellar idea! Bring that stuff back, It'll be, alright.
#150MetalZoicPosted 4/28/2014 8:19:32 PM
TrueBlue91 posted...
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...

What about people who don't want to always be tethered to the internet? And we all know it's not going to stop at mere connectivity requirement. Don't forget what they tried to pull.

Then they probably wouldn't want to buy games that require it.