So they're actually bringing DRM back?

#151Shinobi120Posted 4/28/2014 9:21:17 PM(edited)
Heracylost posted...
MS just likes shooting themselves in the foot repeatedly. If the board wants to kill the brand, they're doing a good job. Probably telling the guys at X bone hq. Yeah guys that's a stellar idea! Bring that stuff back, It'll be, alright.

Hell, they've already killed the Xbox brand worldwide with the very high price tags, followed by with the "Always Online DRM," "No Used Games," & the NSA shticks while also alienating other markets outside of the U.S. in the progress by going with **** like, "LOL, this console is for Americans!", etc. in their crappy advertising.

USA is basically all that they have left, & if they lose that, it's all over for the Xbox brand.
#152Shinobi120Posted 4/28/2014 9:32:39 PM
Viper187666 posted...
That will pretty much only work for people in cities. Anyone in the boonies is back to being just as screwed as when they were still on dialup, assuming they're not still on it. The internet infrastructure just isn't ready for such heavy reliance on fast internet.

Don't believe anything leelee says from that garbage site.

Revolver65 posted...
leelee3105 posted...
http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/04/26/the-playstation-4-could-be-sonys-last-video-game-c.aspx

funny how you got all pissy over a article from fool.com, then posted another from that site.

There will most likely be another home gaming console from Sony.
#153KillerKidnerPosted 4/29/2014 1:10:16 AM
This is why I won't buy the system.
I refuse to pay for a game that requires me to be connected to the internet to play it at all. A lot of games appear to be going this way of "service" based gameplay. That's great if its what people want. It's not what I want so I won't pay for it.

If that means I only get a Wii U and maybe a PS4 with very few games then so be it. I still have a great time playing my old SNES that is still set up. Everyone's choice as to what they want to do with their money and how they play games. This is mine. :)
---
Currently Playing: - TMHT IV: Turtles in Time - SNES, GTA: Vice City Stories - PSP, Pokemon: Leaf Green - GBA, Epic Mickey - Wii and Transformers: FoC - XB360
#154SupernautusPosted 4/29/2014 1:58:09 AM
Assuming the cloud works like Onlive, which often allows you to play games that your computer is not usually able to run through streaming, then the cloud can improve performance.
#155daniel79Posted 4/29/2014 3:16:16 AM(edited)
Well I managed to get two pages into the thread and just came to the conclusion that most Xbots would be happy being tied to an internet connection for their gaming with such winning comments as 'We'll it's on the net anyway'

Welcome to a new generation of laid back brainwashed 'Gamers' with open wallet syndrome.

Microsoft will embrace you, and your wallet. God bless ya.
#156Juzten76Posted 4/29/2014 3:46:22 AM
It's funny watching people who spend all day on the internet posting complaints on the the internet about how they don't want to be forced to use the internet. May as we'll complain about electricity being a requirement.
#157gobuffalo30Posted 4/29/2014 3:54:30 AM
Juzten76 posted...
It's funny watching people who spend all day on the internet posting complaints on the the internet about how they don't want to be forced to use the internet. May as we'll complain about electricity being a requirement.

You said it yourself, forced internet. It's funny though that you're trying to make a point about being forced and then speak in terms of voluntarily doing something. Your point is more along the lines of people complaining fast food makes you fat and still keep going to those places to eat.
#158Viper187666Posted 4/29/2014 4:08:50 AM
Shinobi120 posted...
Heracylost posted...
MS just likes shooting themselves in the foot repeatedly. If the board wants to kill the brand, they're doing a good job. Probably telling the guys at X bone hq. Yeah guys that's a stellar idea! Bring that stuff back, It'll be, alright.

Hell, they've already killed the Xbox brand worldwide with the very high price tags, followed by with the "Always Online DRM," "No Used Games," & the NSA shticks while also alienating other markets outside of the U.S. in the progress by going with **** like, "LOL, this console is for Americans!", etc. in their crappy advertising.

USA is basically all that they have left, & if they lose that, it's all over for the Xbox brand.

Pretty much. If they weren't so hell bent on pushing Kinect, the console would be released in more countries by now. They apparently have to slow production for the US because the units are piling up. Without Kinect, all it takes to ship those to other countries is a day one update to change BD region and setting the default dashboard language. Nope. Make all those people wait until the Kinect can understand them whether they want the stupid thing or not.
---
I refuse to buy XB1 until it's sold without Kinect. No, I'm not a Sony fanboy. See? http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/DSCN0220.JPG
#159EllesarienPosted 4/29/2014 7:20:02 AM
BlackWizardMagus posted...
Ellesarien posted...
Because Capitalism has NEVER and NEVER WILL wait upon the masses

And that's the most inaccurate statement about economics I have ever read, and that's saying ALOT.

I personally wouldn't really mind everything going digital, if our laws stipulated that games lose copyright protection after so many years, so I know I could always play a copy of it into the future. But requiring us to always be connected to unreliable servers, over unreliable internet, for games that will eventually just cease to exist because they are too old to buy (and there's no servers) but illegal to crack, well, that's clearly just a utopia for corporate suits. Imagine if this happened to movies; you could only watch movies from the last few years, or pay for re-releases of old classics. Niche movies that are too expensive to re-release, well, they'd cease to exist, except at your techie friend's place who illegally cracked them. It'd be like Blade Runner for nerds, except no one would know what Blade Runner was.

Also, why are people so shocked that some of us don't trust or like MS? I mean, they lied to us before, and when we complained, basically said "Blow it out your ear". What exactly would MS have to do before it would be understandable to not believe everything they say? Fund terrorism? Reveal that the board of directors was composed entirely of furries? Buy the rights to Hyperdimension Neptunia and make it their flagship series? I'm not a Sony Pony, I own a goddamn Zune, but I'm also not willing to believe everything some PR clown tells me.

Man..you got me with all that proof and facts you backed up that statement with.. Oh wait...you didn't do that at all.

Listen, I understand...it is the internet and everyone is an expert.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#160TrueBlue91(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2014 8:32:41 AM
Viper187666 posted...
Shinobi120 posted...
Heracylost posted...

Pretty much. If they weren't so hell bent on pushing Kinect, the console would be released in more countries by now. They apparently have to slow production for the US because the units are piling up. Without Kinect, all it takes to ship those to other countries is a day one update to change BD region and setting the default dashboard language. Nope. Make all those people wait until the Kinect can understand them whether they want the stupid thing or not.

What were they thinking? It's not worth it. What benefit does Kinect bring to us OR them?
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
"This isn't even apples to oranges. More like toast to bears." - Bloodychess