So they're actually bringing DRM back?

#161ish0turfac3Posted 4/29/2014 9:21:36 AM
Lmao, people think "the power if the cloud" is real.
---
GT: ish0turfac3 - Nintendo ID: ish0turfac3 - Steam ID: ish0turfac3
3DS Code: 1719-3540-9027 Playstation ID: ueffingsrs (feel free to add me)
#162shauntenninePosted 4/29/2014 9:52:35 AM
DeadLock25 posted...
Furthermore, somehow extrapolating that an availability of an online only tool will result in the console going back to the policies which made it so infamous in the first place is beyond idiotic. Common sense says that they will not, and cannot afford to, try to bring back DRM. They had great features, but were horribly implemented. If they bring it back, it will be revised, less restrictive, and will only affect digital games....

You do realize, thats how all things that are unwanted (or simply wouldnt be accepted at all) are implemented. Just like taking away citizens rights, which governments around the world (including ours) are constantly trying to do. It starts verrrry slowly. Its a process. But little by little, before you know it, its fully implemented and everyone accepts it as "normal."

Think of it like this: If you drop a frog in a pot of boiling water, he will quickly jump out because its too hot and he doesnt want to die. However, if you set a frog in a pot of water and slowly turn up the heat, eventually getting it to a boil, he will stay inside and die.

I can see MS using this method to accomplish what theyve wanted all along. Slowwwwwly turn up the DRM. Little by little. Starts with only one game, then a few games a quarter, then most games each quarter, and before you know it its the norm.
#163BloodyDove2vsPosted 4/29/2014 10:02:21 AM
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...
My xbox is connected to the internet all the time so it doesn't matter.

And so it begins.
---
"how much is your soul worth" XB1M13 < shazbot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp8aNBFFaw0
#164coldwinePosted 4/29/2014 11:00:57 AM
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...
My xbox is connected to the internet all the time so it doesn't matter.

Of course! It's all about you!
---
"Life is a mistake that only art can correct" - from Passing Strange