So they're actually bringing DRM back?

#21Tyronelio1Posted 4/28/2014 8:42:26 AM
ScRui posted...
I don't care if its stealth or a national press conference... The so called 'evil MS DRM' was removed and it pissed me off... Now I have to keep switching disc like last gen, I can't let someone play a game that I own unless I give them the disc or come to their house and download it...

I hope they bring it back... If I wanted to do the same thing I did with my ps3 and Xbox 360 I wouldn't have bought both 'next' gen consoles...

Ridiculous on how people get about when things shift foward or change from the norm...

---
Welcome to Sonyfaqs.com.
Currently playing: FF: 13-3, NBA 2K13, Lego: Batman/LotR, The Sims 3: Pets, Hitman HD Trilogy and LotR: War in the North.
#22PigfartsPosted 4/28/2014 8:42:36 AM
TrueBlue91 posted...
It seems like it won't be long before we see games with "Cloud-powered" on the back of the case with a little cloud logo, indicating the game MUST be online at all times to utilize said 'power'. Honestly wouldn't surprise me.

The only cloud power part of the game is making sure you are connected online for the cloud to verify that you are connected. No additional processing power added.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#23axelfooley2k5Posted 4/28/2014 8:42:58 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
That's a good thing.

I'd love to see what this so called cloud processing can do for my games.

then when you see you need fios or mega fast internet for it to make any difference...you will be on here defending it

you would defend a turd
---
Sergeant Harrison Yates
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv62bDzeWKQ
#24ScRuiPosted 4/28/2014 8:45:11 AM
TrueBlue91 posted...
ScRui posted...
I don't care if its stealth or a national press conference... The so called 'evil MS DRM' was removed and it pissed me off... Now I have to keep switching disc like last gen, I can't let someone play a game that I own unless I give them the disc or come to their house and download it...

I hope they bring it back... If I wanted to do the same thing I did with my ps3 and Xbox 360 I wouldn't have bought both 'next' gen consoles...

Ridiculous on how people get about when things shift foward or change from the norm...

I know, how dare people not want their digital rights trampled on? And how dare people care that MS tried to restrict game resale, control resale price and conditions, restrict lending and mess with established concepts of "ownership" of a game. Blasphemy!

Ummm, they are doing that now... I can't just go and let someone play my digital games, how about they are restricting me from letting my brother enjoy my games that I purchased because he lives far for me to hand it over...

Everything you said is a plus to me, and everything that was reversed was a minus to me as its current state....

Your looking like Eli right now, after being sacked and looking at the ref for a flag...
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#25Tyronelio1Posted 4/28/2014 8:52:27 AM
axelfooley2k5 posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
That's a good thing.

I'd love to see what this so called cloud processing can do for my games.

then when you see you need fios or mega fast internet for it to make any difference...you will be on here defending it

you would defend a turd

I have super fast Internet lol.
---
Welcome to Sonyfaqs.com.
Currently playing: FF: 13-3, NBA 2K13, Lego: Batman/LotR, The Sims 3: Pets, Hitman HD Trilogy and LotR: War in the North.
#26HorridhalPosted 4/28/2014 8:58:01 AM
ScRui posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...
ScRui posted...

I know, how dare people not want their digital rights trampled on? And how dare people care that MS tried to restrict game resale, control resale price and conditions, restrict lending and mess with established concepts of "ownership" of a game. Blasphemy!

Ummm, they are doing that now... I can't just go and let someone play my digital games, how about they are restricting me from letting my brother enjoy my games that I purchased because he lives far for me to hand it over...

Everything you said is a plus to me, and everything that was reversed was a minus to me as its current state....

Your looking like Eli right now, after being sacked and looking at the ref for a flag...

Actually he wasn't wrong.

People that buy physical games should own that copy of that game. If they want to resell it later, that should be possible.

The fact that you are whining about changing discs, of all things, makes you look like a tool.

Additionally, you should know, that just because you support terrible ideas(like DRM) doesn't mean everyone does. In fact it was changed because more people, by an incredibly large margin, hated the idea of not owning their purchases.

DRM is an anti-consumer policy. Period.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#27phillyeagleflysPosted 4/28/2014 9:01:16 AM
I am for cloud powered games, but only for games that are online anyway. No single player game or mode should be cloud powered.
---
XBL maniacmatt1782, PSN ManiacMatt1782,
Youtube ManiacMatt1782
#28leelee3105Posted 4/28/2014 9:01:22 AM
TrueBlue91 posted...
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...
My xbox is connected to the internet all the time so it doesn't matter.

What about people who don't want to always be tethered to the internet? And we all know it's not going to stop at mere connectivity requirement. Don't forget what they tried to pull.

sony announced they are ditching the console market completely. so you want even be able to see the PS logo with out being on the net in the no so distant future. at least MS is trying to ease it in.
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!
#29HorridhalPosted 4/28/2014 9:04:19 AM
leelee3105 posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...
My xbox is connected to the internet all the time so it doesn't matter.

What about people who don't want to always be tethered to the internet? And we all know it's not going to stop at mere connectivity requirement. Don't forget what they tried to pull.

sony announced they are ditching the console market completely. so you want even be able to see the PS logo with out being on the net in the no so distant future. at least MS is trying to ease it in.

Do you like just making **** up?

Does it make you feel good?
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#30ScRuiPosted 4/28/2014 9:08:06 AM
Horridhal posted...
ScRui posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...
ScRui posted...

Actually he wasn't wrong.

People that buy physical games should own that copy of that game. If they want to resell it later, that should be possible.

The fact that you are whining about changing discs, of all things, makes you look like a tool.

Additionally, you should know, that just because you support terrible ideas(like DRM) doesn't mean everyone does. In fact it was changed because more people, by an incredibly large margin, hated the idea of not owning their purchases.

DRM is an anti-consumer policy. Period.

Really?... Its so anti consumer then why is iTunes so popular? Or maybe Google play? How about when you buy a navigation systems? In all of those, you don't own anything physical...

I'm a tool because I don't want to go back to the same old same old, but yet when games don't hit a certain pixel count 99% of this board flips out... Please stop with the hypocrisies...
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>