So they're actually bringing DRM back?

#31leelee3105Posted 4/28/2014 9:08:07 AM
Horridhal posted...
leelee3105 posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...
My xbox is connected to the internet all the time so it doesn't matter.

What about people who don't want to always be tethered to the internet? And we all know it's not going to stop at mere connectivity requirement. Don't forget what they tried to pull.

sony announced they are ditching the console market completely. so you want even be able to see the PS logo with out being on the net in the no so distant future. at least MS is trying to ease it in.

Do you like just making **** up?

Does it make you feel good?

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/04/26/the-playstation-4-could-be-sonys-last-video-game-c.aspx
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!
#32leelee3105Posted 4/28/2014 9:10:36 AM
for those who dont want to follow the link....

Yoshida told Re/code specifically that Sony intends to shift toward a "service-orientated" business. That is to say, rather than sell expensive pieces of hardware (the PlayStation 4 retails for $399) and physical, disc-based games, Sony would work to make the PlayStation centered around gaming as a service.

Yoshida didn't specifically rule out the existence of a PlayStation 5, saying the company would consider such hardware if game creators eventually found it to be necessary. But if PlayStation Now goes according to plan, it won't be necessary -- with the games being played on remote servers, powerful local hardware isn't needed. In fact, Sony plans to eventually expand PlayStation Now to other Internet-connected devices, including smart TVs, smartphones, and tablets.
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!
#33regsantotomasPosted 4/28/2014 9:11:05 AM
I have found that most topics beginning with "So..." end up being a false premise.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#34RedZakuPosted 4/28/2014 9:21:25 AM(edited)
ScRui posted...
Really?... Its so anti consumer then why is iTunes so popular? Or maybe Google play? How about when you buy a navigation systems? In all of those, you don't own anything physical...

Yes, it's not physical, so why are you comparing ownership of physical media to ownership of digital media like the two are remotely the same thing? You can do things with Digital media you could never do with physical media simply by virtue of the fact it's digital. With physical media you can only share up to one copy of a game at a time. With Digital media you could theoretically share infinite amounts of copies of the same game while still retaining your ability to play the game you let someone else borrow. On a whole, unrestricted digital content would be far more damaging to an industry than unrestricted physical media.

I'm a tool because I don't want to go back to the same old same old, but yet when games don't hit a certain pixel count 99% of this board flips out... Please stop with the hypocrisies...

All games have a digital and a physical release at this point, in fact some games have exclusively digital releases. If you don't want to change discs, buy the digital releases only, your problem is solved, no more disc switching. Your argument was bull**** from the moment you made it, because no one took away your option to buy digital media. Also, just to point out, the old way XBox's DRM was set up, you'd still need the disc in the drive to verify your license to play the game.
---
-PSN: SeigZeon
Your logic fails more than the shields of the U. S. S. Enterprise.
#35BeasthuntPosted 4/28/2014 9:21:50 AM
TrueBlue91 posted...
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...

What about people who don't want to always be tethered to the internet? And we all know it's not going to stop at mere connectivity requirement. Don't forget what they tried to pull.

In the words of Phil Spencer was it (?), "we make a console for that, it's called the ps4."

They definitely sold me one last year.
---
Gamertag: Beasthunt, PSN: Beasthunt.
Acts 2:38
#36SupaflyGibsonPosted 4/28/2014 9:33:02 AM
TrueBlue91 posted...
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...

How do you use electronics? What if your power goes out?
---
gt: For Spartaa
#37VirobotPosted 4/28/2014 9:33:12 AM
So they said they're going to build in DRM, said it wasn't removable, then removed it, sold a few million, then are going to put it back in via Cloud Gaming.

And people who bought the PS4 are the idiots? Look around a little bit.
---
PSN/Steam:Jareski
This is a PSX: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSX_(video_game_console) |||| It's not a PS1!!!!!!!!
#38SupaflyGibsonPosted 4/28/2014 9:35:34 AM
leelee3105 posted...
for those who dont want to follow the link....

Yoshida told Re/code specifically that Sony intends to shift toward a "service-orientated" business. That is to say, rather than sell expensive pieces of hardware (the PlayStation 4 retails for $399) and physical, disc-based games, Sony would work to make the PlayStation centered around gaming as a service.

Yoshida didn't specifically rule out the existence of a PlayStation 5, saying the company would consider such hardware if game creators eventually found it to be necessary. But if PlayStation Now goes according to plan, it won't be necessary -- with the games being played on remote servers, powerful local hardware isn't needed. In fact, Sony plans to eventually expand PlayStation Now to other Internet-connected devices, including smart TVs, smartphones, and tablets.

Sounds like you would need to be connected to the internet to use that service…how anti-consumer!
---
gt: For Spartaa
#39ScRuiPosted 4/28/2014 9:37:25 AM
RedZaku posted...
ScRui posted...
Really?... Its so anti consumer then why is iTunes so popular? Or maybe Google play? How about when you buy a navigation systems? In all of those, you don't own anything physical...

Yes, it's not physical, so why are you comparing ownership of physical media to ownership of digital media like the two are remotely the same thing? You can do things with Digital media you could never do with physical media simply by virtue of the fact it's digital. With physical media you can only share up to one copy of a game at a time. With Digital media you could theoretically share infinite amounts of copies of the same game while still retaining your ability to play the game you let someone else borrow. On a whole, unrestricted digital content would be far more damaging to an industry than unrestricted physical media.

I'm a tool because I don't want to go back to the same old same old, but yet when games don't hit a certain pixel count 99% of this board flips out... Please stop with the hypocrisies...

All games have a digital and a physical release at this point, in fact some games have exclusively digital releases. If you don't want to change discs, buy the digital releases only, your problem is solved, no more disc switching. Your argument was bull**** from the moment you made it, because no one took away your option to buy digital media. Also, just to point out, the old way XBox's DRM was set up, you'd still need the disc in the drive to verify your license to play the game.

Let me start off with the last thing you said, You would not have to keep the disc in the drive simply because once the game (physical disc) was attached to your Gamertag, you would be able to play it on any Xbox one anywhere as long as your on your gamertag... You can still do that with digital but not physical...

You can't share or let borrow your digital games unless again your on your gamertag, either in person at someone's house or you would have had to go e someone your email and password so they can play ur digital games... Before 'drm' was removed I would have been able to allow a certain amount of friends, family to play my whole library of games without ever having to hand them a disc or allow them to sign in as me using my GT...

Now tell me how its ok to buy off of iTunes/Google play and 'not own' what you bought because it isn't physical (as per anti drm people) but yet if it works the same on Xbox one its losing your rights and wrong?... thats hypocrisy...

The future is all about streaming, instant access across everything... That's what consumers want instagram, snapchat, facebook, Hbo go, hulu Netflix etc... On and on... But yet when MS implemented into a console... 'OMG... They are stealing our rights' this can't happen!!

'I need physical to keep my rights and own what I buy'... Yet has an iPhone and has episodes of his/her favorite sitcom on iTunes, with the newly purchased one republic album playin on his/her iPod...

Give me a break

*slaps face, I'm done...
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#40TrueBlue91(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 9:39:08 AM
Beasthunt posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...

In the words of Phil Spencer was it (?), "we make a console for that, it's called the ps4."

They definitely sold me one last year.

Lmao
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
"This isn't even apples to oranges. More like toast to bears." - Bloodychess