So they're actually bringing DRM back?

#41bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 4/28/2014 8:39:29 AM
SupaflyGibson posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...
My xbox is connected to the internet all the time so it doesn't matter.

What about people who don't want to always be tethered to the internet? And we all know it's not going to stop at mere connectivity requirement. Don't forget what they tried to pull.

How do you use electronics? What if your power goes out?

If your power goes out you wouldn't even be able to play the console anyway.
---
Don't Blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't Blink. Good Luck.
#42Shinobi120Posted 4/28/2014 8:41:57 AM(edited)
leelee3105 posted...
for those who dont want to follow the link....

Yoshida told Re/code specifically that Sony intends to shift toward a "service-orientated" business. That is to say, rather than sell expensive pieces of hardware (the PlayStation 4 retails for $399) and physical, disc-based games, Sony would work to make the PlayStation centered around gaming as a service.

Yoshida didn't specifically rule out the existence of a PlayStation 5, saying the company would consider such hardware if game creators eventually found it to be necessary. But if PlayStation Now goes according to plan, it won't be necessary -- with the games being played on remote servers, powerful local hardware isn't needed. In fact, Sony plans to eventually expand PlayStation Now to other Internet-connected devices, including smart TVs, smartphones, and tablets.

You still bringing up that nonsense link & info from fool.com? Seriously? LOL.
#43WartPig_Posted 4/28/2014 8:41:42 AM
data caps. nobody is going to waste their monthly alotment on a video game in a single day.

also that whole net neutrality problem we now have.

/thread
---
PSN-WartPigX, XBL-WartPig ...... Novorossiya
"people talking without speaking, people hearing without listening"
#44dray3214Posted 4/28/2014 8:42:17 AM
TrueBlue91 posted...
It seems like it won't be long before we see games with "Cloud-powered" on the back of the case with a little cloud logo, indicating the game MUST be online at all times to utilize said 'power'. Honestly wouldn't surprise me.

both consoles are meant to be online all the time, and in the future, just about every game will force you to be online. the ps4 has a share button right on the controller for christ sake. of course they want you on all the time
#45leelee3105Posted 4/28/2014 8:42:55 AM
Shinobi120 posted...
leelee3105 posted...

Yoshida told Re/code specifically that Sony intends to shift toward a "service-orientated" business. That is to say, rather than sell expensive pieces of hardware (the PlayStation 4 retails for $399) and physical, disc-based games, Sony would work to make the PlayStation centered around gaming as a service.

Yoshida didn't specifically rule out the existence of a PlayStation 5, saying the company would consider such hardware if game creators eventually found it to be necessary. But if PlayStation Now goes according to plan, it won't be necessary -- with the games being played on remote servers, powerful local hardware isn't needed. In fact, Sony plans to eventually expand PlayStation Now to other Internet-connected devices, including smart TVs, smartphones, and tablets.

you still butthurt Sony is going to lose the console war to apple amazon and MS?
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!
#46WartPig_Posted 4/28/2014 8:44:11 AM
^lol takes "console wars" seriously.

oh the mind of a child
---
PSN-WartPigX, XBL-WartPig ...... Novorossiya
"people talking without speaking, people hearing without listening"
#47Jiggy101011Posted 4/28/2014 8:44:37 AM
Virobot posted...
So they said they're going to build in DRM, said it wasn't removable, then removed it, sold a few million, then are going to put it back in via Cloud Gaming.

And people who bought the PS4 are the idiots? Look around a little bit.

You really don't know how to think for yourself do you. If you are looking for an idiot that parrots misinformed opinions you don't have to look far.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Beyond: Two Souls, Skyrim, Titanfall
#48leelee3105Posted 4/28/2014 8:47:03 AM
leelee3105 posted...
Shinobi120 posted...
leelee3105 posted...

you still butthurt Sony is going to lose the console war to apple amazon and MS?

oh and by the way....
that article makes you ponys look stupid for about every single troll topic you have made except maybe the 1080P ones. takes a crap on anything about MS getting out of the console business, anything about MS and their evil DRM, anything about the cloud. I will be here to post that link in EVERY pony troll post on this board until either you issue an apology to the entire gamefaqs community, or the article is removed from the internet. and guess what. I have an office job where i do about an hour of real work a day. so i have nothing but time bro.
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!
#49HellsControllerPosted 4/28/2014 8:48:35 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#50TrueBlue91(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 8:49:08 AM
Lmfao, leelee is furious.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
"This isn't even apples to oranges. More like toast to bears." - Bloodychess