My review of the xbox one after two weeks with it. Comparing it to the ps4.

#1Va1onPosted 4/28/2014 8:18:42 AM
I am not a fan boy, I own all of the systems and have for the past 12 years or so....with that said here is my review of the xbox one and what I think it does better then the ps4 and what i think it does worse then the ps4.

Lets start with the exterior design/look of the xbox one.

To put it mildly, at least to me anyway, the xbox one design is not appealing to the eyes from the outside. But hey, who buys a gaming console strictly for the looks? Not me. To sum it best, as I was unboxing the Xbox One, my wife says with a straight tone and look, "it looks like a vcr". I did. Ot disagree but I do like the different shade of the black, it makes up for the very bulky build somewhat. The kinect is very big in size as well and it looks pretty decent in front/bottom of the tv. I certainly think microsoft will be selling a more refined xbox one by next year without a doubt. Overall, I think the ps4 looks better with its more convenient size and more contemporary look. Do I love the PS4 look? Absolutely not but when comparing it to the Xbox One it is better.

CONTROLLER

I give the slight edge to the Xbox One controller over the DS4. I think the Xbox 360 controller was perfect, the best console controller I have ever used. This new Xbox One controller is similar but the location of the rb and lb buttons for me takes it a notch backwards. I think you to extend your index fingers way too much to use these buttons, it feels awkward. I guess it depends on the size of your hands. Overall the controller feels very solid, the thumb sticks feel great and the triggers are much improved from the xbox 360 controller. I give the edge to the Xbox One controller over thenPS4 dS4. The DS4 although much improved from the DS3 has more room for improvement specifically on the thumb sticks, the pressure and sensitivity is worse when compared to the Xbox One controller. Overall I think both are great but slight edge to the Xbox One controller.

Kinect and entertainment

I am very surprised at how much I do like the Kinect. I was one of those that really hated the original kineect and the thought of it. I still do not love it but the features it gives me while I game such as watching sports while I play Titanfall is a very cool experience. Last night I was watching Yankees vs Angels while playing attrition on Titanfall. I started titanfall, said Xbox Snap, TV and watch ESPN, boom, i had the yankee game on. Very cool indeed. Switching channels by just saying Xbox watch so and so is very cool! Xbox Go to Titanfall, very cool! Will it get old, maybe? But so what, the option to control pretty much eveything by voice is a very cool and worthwhile feature. Does it work perfect all the time? No, but it does work pretty darn good most of the time and to me this is the added bonus to my gaming desires. Make no mistake about it. I bought the Xbox One to game first and foremost, I couldn't care less about the other kinect features but am happy that those are thee for me to take advantage. I think the kinect is without question a much better product then the PS Camera. No question.

Games, Games, Games, running them....

I guess the biggest disappointment for me was how long it takes the Xbox One to load screens, to start my games, etc. for example Dead Rising 3, it takes way too long to start my game and to go back to the game menu, not mind you once you start to play the game you get to explore the full city without loading screens which is a huge plus, however I would be lying if I didn't say the loading times for all games not just dead rising 3 was very disappointing. I am talking about garden warfare and titanfall as well. Compare this to the PS4 and I think the PS4 without question runs games better, better frame rate less loading times and the PS4 just feels more solid to me when gaming. By alot? No not really....continued...
#2Va1on(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 8:26:50 AM
NOISE FACTOR

I am very surprised on how quiet the xbox one is compared to the ps4. My ps4 is loud with all of its fan noise and the xbox one you can barely hear anything. Bit advantage to the xbox one in this department.

GAMES
I believe Titanfall is very fun, and I am having a good time playing dead rising 3. At the same time I really am enjoying infamous second son alot as well and playing battlefield 4 and fifa 14 on my ps4. The games are pretty good for both systems so far with solid lineups. Make no mistake though, for multiplats, PS4 is the way to go. However if you are a huge fan of forza and dead rising then you will find something to like for both. Overall to me I like all games and to me this is a wash.

OVERALL

I think both systems were rushed to the market to hit the holiday 2013 season. I feel both systems needed and still need more polish, And have many features missing that most definitely should be there especially for a next gen console. Overall so far I give the advantage to the ps4 with a better quality build and the ability to run the games better. But I must say both have great potential and I think both will give you what you need.
#3LooksLikeRainPosted 4/28/2014 8:29:24 AM
Cool.

Also, this isn't the place for this. Go to the reviews section.
---
Is that a W shirt?
#482xenoPosted 4/28/2014 8:33:15 AM
LooksLikeRain posted...
Cool.

Actually this board is for X1 discussion, so....
---
Shwing
#5HorridhalPosted 4/28/2014 8:33:45 AM
Pointless.

Also, 2 weeks isn't much when you consider many of us have had both systems for several months.

All in all 2/10.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#6LooksLikeRainPosted 4/28/2014 8:36:31 AM(edited)
82xeno posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...
Cool.

Actually there's a dedicated section for reviews, as this is not a discussion, so...
---
Is that a W shirt?
#7Stouffer1Posted 4/28/2014 8:38:29 AM
LooksLikeRain posted...
82xeno posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...
Cool.

Actually there's a dedicated section for reviews, as this is not a discussion, so...

Yup, agreed. There are far more important things to discuss, like the cloud, resolutions, fps and the word "ponies". God forbid someone wants to discuss the merits of his new purchase.
#8BloatedSquirrelPosted 4/28/2014 8:41:28 AM
PS4 is better LOL :PPPPP
---
"They'll just put the tools down if they want to do the drugs bad enough."
FFXIV Character http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/4981957/
#9Kocano26Posted 4/28/2014 8:41:37 AM
With the way you talked about it would seem like you had x1 higher. You have multiplats on ps4 but not on x1 how can you compare?

I agree the initial loading screen for DR3 is kinda long but as you said no more loading after that is the way better trade off. Other then that everything loads fast and snaps fast there is no issue there, if you are having screen switching issues and have the always on feature activated you may have to do a hard restart or clear your cache that will speed up this process.

x1 is quiet like a mouse and ps4 is loud yet it's only a bit difference umm ok?

Last thing controller talk and nothing about the rumble feature in the triggers this gives xbox a distinct advantage in that area. The only problem I have with the bumper buttons is repeated presses in a game like KI it gets somewhat hard if you have to hit it 6 times in a few seconds cause there is no click but you can train yourself with practice I just don't like KI too much.

In titanfall I am a bumper jumper and have no issues with it in that game with the amount of use it gets as I parkour.

btw I enjoyed the read just some feedback not trying to bash or anything.
---
Kocano Wins!
#10LooksLikeRainPosted 4/28/2014 8:42:05 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]