Sales actually do affect you....

#11spacejamjordanzPosted 4/28/2014 8:33:42 AM
When the Dreamcast went under, I bought a PS2 and moved on.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#12Rancid_SkankPosted 4/28/2014 8:46:48 AM
The X1 is already one of the fastest selling consoles in history, developers aren't going to suddenly drop their support of it unless Microsoft themselves drop their support, which is very unlikely to happen.
---
GT: RancidSkank
PSN: Rancid_UK
#13RagnarokxvPosted 4/28/2014 11:34:10 AM
Talent goes where the money is...
---
Did I say that, or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me??
#14kcypher2000Posted 4/28/2014 11:41:45 AM
If anything the ps4 being easy to develop for hurts sony. Software sells well on xbox which matters most and has a large install base. Xbox one is as easy to program for as the 360, the ps4 is just easier which would encourage devs to port games to both to increase their install base.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional and csnt count that TF killed infamous in sales on tr system with less install base.

Also remember the ps4 is in more countries meaning higher overhead for shipping, ads and translations.
#15dart246(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 11:45:15 AM(edited)
kcypher2000 posted...
If anything the ps4 being easy to develop for hurts sony. Software sells well on xbox which matters most and has a large install base. Xbox one is as easy to program for as the 360, the ps4 is just easier which would encourage devs to port games to both to increase their install base.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional and csnt count that TF killed infamous in sales on tr system with less install base.

Also remember the ps4 is in more countries meaning higher overhead for shipping, ads and translations.

Can I have some of your crack?
---
If welfare could be used for abortions...this would be a much better world...
#16RybalPosted 4/28/2014 11:52:58 AM
Your argument would hold a lot more weight if the systems were vastly different to program for, as was the case in the last generation. However, if a relatively simple port can result in a few hundred thousand or even a couple million additional sales, that's an easy decision for these companies. They'll port it, plain and simple, though optimization may or may not happen.
---
I HATE seeing incorrect information, regardless of whether it is my preferred system.
PSN: Rybal_81
#17dart246(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 11:57:04 AM
Rybal posted...
Your argument would hold a lot more weight if the systems were vastly different to program for, as was the case in the last generation. However, if a relatively simple port can result in a few hundred thousand or even a couple million additional sales, that's an easy decision for these companies. They'll port it, plain and simple, though optimization may or may not happen.

Which is the point, you might get the game, but a mediocre water downed unoptimized version, and if that's the case, why buy an Xbox One at all?
---
If welfare could be used for abortions...this would be a much better world...
#18AzaneAzerPosted 4/28/2014 12:02:28 PM(edited)
I remember when Dreamcast users didnt care about the sales.

As well as virtual boy, Sales didnt affect the people who bought them, since they weren't share holders.
#19leatheljPosted 4/28/2014 12:01:43 PM
Sorry your wrong tc I don't care about sales never have never will never gonna start.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#20Joey-ZazaPosted 4/28/2014 12:04:22 PM
The 360 started out strong with a larger install base than PS3.

The result?

The X-box 360 had slightly better multiplat visuals.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I