Sales actually do affect you....

#21Mindwipe77Posted 4/28/2014 12:04:26 PM
nope.not at all TC
---
Proud owner of X1,PS4 and Wii U, I pity childish fanboys
"All the significant breakthroughs were breaks with old ways of thinking."
#22makaveliOKCPosted 4/28/2014 12:58:34 PM
Lapanui posted...
Actually, publishers aren't going to see those millions of X1 sales and not develop for it, it's not like those owners are just going to stop playing their consoles and not buy any games for it.

7 million + 4.2 million = 13.2 million

13.2 million > 7 million

There are more potential sales by making a game multiplatform then to make it exclusive. The Wii U is an exception. Publishers have tried putting their games on that console and realized it just isn't viable. It's probably costing more to develop for that console than they are gaining through sales.

The X1 and the PS4 are both easy to develop for, so the optimization is going to most likely be vary minimal. I don't know how easy it is to develop for the Wii U, but if developers aren't attracted to it, it can't be that easy.

You might want to check your math.
#23ElitePosted 4/28/2014 1:45:02 PM
Sales didnt matter to me when I bought a SNES and Genesis, and guess what? I was soon thereafter playing N64, PS1 and Saturn games.

Sales didnt matter to me when I was playing Saturn and PS1, and guess what happened again? I was soon playing PS2 and Dreamcast games (and Xbox and Gamecube shortly after). Sega went third party and I was left with my PS2, Cube and Xbox.

Sales didnt matter when I was enjoying those systems, and shockingly I was soon playing my 360 and PS3.

Can you see a pattern here? There will always be consoles, and with them developers and publishers to put games on them.

So no, sales should not matter to the general consumer, and the gamer.You people who constantly post sales, and are pacing waiting for the NPD charts to come out, have serious psycological issues. If you say your not a fanboy, youre not kidding anyone, youre posting this crap for simple bragging rights.
#24chex81Posted 4/28/2014 1:45:55 PM
Sales dont affect me, im getting all the games i want on X1...so....
---
XB1/WiiU: chex81
soundcloud.com/purple_i
#25regsantotomasPosted 4/28/2014 1:55:56 PM
RE: Topic

To an extent, the TC is correct. Sales could have an impact especially if the gap of console sales continue to widen AND it results in developers and publishers forecasting units selling significantly more on one platform or the other. Resources could, in fact, shift.

Again, this is all premature prognostication though. Software sales on the Xbox One platform isn't measurably worse than the PS4 so that dictates investment on either platform shouldn't be that different until those figures changes in a significantly measurable way.

I think that this E3 is critical to Microsoft moving forward but let's not toll the doomsday bell quite yet. Xbox One remains a viable platform for the foreseeable future even if it is relegated to not being the #1 selling console this generation.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#26cmincPosted 4/28/2014 1:59:00 PM
No. Sales do matter. It's sales in comparison to something else that, for now, is selling better that no one needs to care about. Xb1 isnt a wiiu thats only getting 2 or 3 'iffy' games a year and no third party support: Xb1's out performing the 360.

Theres not a level headed developer on this planet thats ignoring the xbox one because ps4 is doing well for the time being. They cant afford to now, or in the future, as budgets get more and more scary.

So, like, stop.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3 | Seagate 1TB 128 MB Cache HD | RS Challenger Case |