Felicia Day plays Xbone on Cooptitude and the YouTube comment section melts

#101CapwnDPosted 4/30/2014 12:12:21 PM
Laylow12 posted...
CapwnD posted...
Laylow12 posted...
Hows your XBOX fan page going?

I don't have an Xbox fan page. It's a video game forum.

And it's going great, has been going great since 2007.

Oh, good. Can I join? I love the XBOX and hate Sony, that's a good thing, right?

Your console preferences don't matter. Not sue where you get the idea that it would.
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
#102ClunkerSlim(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2014 12:21:11 PM
darkshadowmaster posted...
Why do people care if it is/is not a commercial?

Well, like most people, I like to know if someone was paid to endorse a product or if they actually believe in it. I think most people feel this way since tv commercials are filled with "paid endorsement" disclaimers.

I'm still not convinced that she got paid anything though. Last time Microsoft sponsored the Guild all the swearing had to be toned down and bleeped. I'm not sure Microsoft would be thrilled about paying for an endorsement where Ryon compared Mr Fantasic to pumping-cum or whatever he said. Not to mention that if it was paid for by Microsoft then you'd think they'd send over the Xbone for free and that would mean she gave Ryon a present that was a free product demo. She doesn't strike me as being that cheap. And lastly, wouldn't Microsoft want them playing an exclusive like Titanfall? Not a multiplatform Lego game.
#103mohomadPosted 4/30/2014 12:23:25 PM
I doubt she's getting paid for this. I like her work on Eureka and Supernatural and she's pretty attractive but she isn't high enough on the celebrity list where companies pay her to advertise their products. Just Sony Ponies mad that people still prefer Xbox even with all Microsoft's screw-ups.
---
{3DS:0430-9159-6793} Pokemon Y:Genome
Psychic Safari: Espur, Drowzee, Girafarig
#104Joey-ZazaPosted 4/30/2014 12:23:30 PM
This paranoia has to stop. All you people who think she was getting paid should be arrested and thrown into jail minimum 90 days for your blatant lies and libel against Microsoft.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#105stawg007Posted 4/30/2014 12:26:30 PM
Laylow12 posted...
Lots of White Knights in here defending an actor in a commercial. You guys will defend anything at this point as long as it says XBOX on it.

Funny coming from someone who bashes anything at this point as long as it says XBOX on it

At least those white knights and possibly fanboys of the xbone are, yeno, on the xbone board, their system of choice

Unlike you and the rest of the SDF force that continue to plague this board on a daily basis
#106teeebzPosted 4/30/2014 12:44:46 PM
Laylow12 posted...
Lots of White Knights in here defending an actor in a commercial. You guys will defend anything at this point as long as it says XBOX on it.

It's not much of defending something, it's mostly calling out stupid. I couldn't care less the actor or product.

I'll be a white knight though and you can play the troll I slay

...oh wait

OR you can play the princess!

...I never bother saving
Wanna play?

What system would you like to play this on? I have all systems and enjoy them all(I never uselessly troll them to annoy others)...or we could play on one of your systemS...

...oh wait
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
PSN- Teebz83
#107EllesarienPosted 4/30/2014 12:53:46 PM
CapwnD posted...
Laylow12 posted...
CapwnD posted...
Laylow12 posted...
Hows your XBOX fan page going?

I don't have an Xbox fan page. It's a video game forum.

And it's going great, has been going great since 2007.

Oh, good. Can I join? I love the XBOX and hate Sony, that's a good thing, right?

Your console preferences don't matter. Not sue where you get the idea that it would.

Why even try with this one?
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#108HorridhalPosted 4/30/2014 1:34:48 PM
Jiggy101011 posted...
Horridhal posted...
ClunkerSlim posted...
Well I can't copy and paste YouTube comments with my phone.

BUT, Ryon (Felicia's brother/co-host) brought up an interesting point - Microsoft wasn't exactly beating down the door to pay them money for making cum-pumping jokes about a non-exclusive multiplatform game. The channel webmaster even says they wish Microsoft was handing them money but it ain't happening.

I think Felicia is just a really excitied sister who thinks she got her brother the ultimate gift. That's why she mentions so many times at the beginning. She's just generally thrilled to have given it to him. I think we've just become so cynical by this point that we see her actual excitement as an attempt at product placement.

As I said in my first post, denials from the party in question are suspect and not to be trusted.

I do not believe they were unpaid, regardless of how many times they say they were.

That's the point then isn't it, no matter what you will always find the negative in something. If she enjoys playing an Xbox One then she must have gotten paid. If she doesn't enjoy playing on a PS4 then she must have gotten paid. She wrote a response to the Sony crowd and all of a sudden she is a feminist. If she didn't respond back you would see that as her feelings were hurt and she couldn't handle it because she is a woman.

You are the definition of a glass half empty, except I don't think the glass was ever there in your case.

Go re-read my first post.

The system she was selling had nothing to do with my opinion. Product placement is product placement and should be admitted to.

If she was as credible as her defenders say then she would come out and admit being paid. Again, whether it is sony or ms, she still got paid to showcase a console.

Stop trying to make this Sony vs Ms.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#109ClunkerSlim(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2014 1:40:21 PM
I've yet to see you address any of our points about why we think she's not getting paid anything. You just keep saying "she got paid!" without providing any kind of evidence or even a coherent argument backing up your point. Why do you think she got paid? And do you think Nintendo paid for 90% of the other episodes?
#110DarthLaharlPosted 4/30/2014 1:58:16 PM
How can people claim she's washed up and irrelevant AND she's being paid by Microsoft to shill for the XB1?

If she's as washed up as you claim, wouldn't Microsoft want someone a little more relevant?

Maybe she just made a video of a game she likes and you're all being paranoid?
---
On GameFAQs Any criticism=trolling, ports/remakes are bad unless its something YOU want ported/remade, and anything that's popular that you dislike = overrated.