Sacrificing a small bit of power to gain an innovative peripheral is smart.

#41DarkAdonis123Posted 4/28/2014 6:47:43 PM
Sacrificing power to force feed a peripheral that people didn't want last time around was not smart. And the ever growing list of multiplats that perform better on PS4 is a constant reminder of that.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#42mike468Posted 4/28/2014 7:26:56 PM
quincy2000a posted...

I dislike the Kinect, have not connected it to my system, and find the things that it does (as of right now) totally useless.

To each thier own. A lot of gamers actually do like some of the cool voice features as part of kinect.

The thing is too with the voice software is that it is constantly bring worked on and refined by the developer (MS), so it will only improve over time. Plus when MS releases Cortana (their answer o Apple's Siri and Google Now) I think it will make the XBO much better. I can only image that at some point XBO users will be able to say "Xbox/Cortana Snap, find walkthroughs for Halo 5 boss fight" and have the system snap internet explorer or Youtube with a walkthrough video.

I can almost bet MS will be showing off Cortana at E3.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#43quincy2000aPosted 4/28/2014 11:08:42 PM
mike468 posted...
quincy2000a posted...

I dislike the Kinect, have not connected it to my system, and find the things that it does (as of right now) totally useless.

To each thier own. A lot of gamers actually do like some of the cool voice features as part of kinect.

No argument here--it's just not what many of us wanted, especially at the expense of the power of the X1 console.

And, for those who do want Kinect-like features, as stated in the quote from the article I referenced above,

"...The time will come when a new device revolutionizes the way we use our televisions on a grand scale. Mark my words, that device will cost $100, not $500."
---
http://www.thehdstandard.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/720p-vs-1080p.png
And, yes, I visit Eurogamer's Digital Foundry for X1/PS4 comparisons.
#44Xerosnake90Posted 4/28/2014 11:11:42 PM
Lmao, this guy should work for Microsoft. "Sacrificing power so people can use voice commands to watch their tv. Innovation for the game industry!"
#45Sevi_neyPosted 4/28/2014 11:17:18 PM
"Defending the Kinect is a confirmation of early infirmities," leading neurosurgeons agree.
---
http://tinyurl.com/lyh5apd
^video representation of the Xbone board^
#46chedibang1994Posted 4/28/2014 11:35:21 PM
All companies should stick to controllers and consoles, I would slap the CEOs that gave us the kinect, wii u gamepad, and sony's Morpheus, why the hell can't we stick to the original ideas that made the industry I understand we want to try new things but if they don't work then what money out the window, they should be using this money to bring better console games.
---
My blade will tear you limb from limb, my eyes aren't as cold as my glare, my heart is black as my metal, I am fulgore mark 3, prepare yourself for devastation
#47CKnightPosted 4/29/2014 9:07:32 AM
chedibang1994 posted...
All companies should stick to controllers and consoles, I would slap the CEOs that gave us the kinect, wii u gamepad, and sony's Morpheus, why the hell can't we stick to the original ideas that made the industry I understand we want to try new things but if they don't work then what money out the window, they should be using this money to bring better console games.

Because the industry is growing and changing and sorry if some of you refuse to grasp or can't understand that.

The problem with the X1 isn't Kinect or it's push with multimedia. It's the extra $100 over the PS4 price tag.

Do a little research more people used the consoles for media outside of gaming. It's why MS is trying to seamlessly blend a hub for gaming and Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Twitch, ect. And an easy way for gamers to bounce between them without having to shut down applications.

The only problem is they didn't match the PS4's price. If both consoles were $400 the X1 would be seen as the better value even being less powerful.

Another problem is all these media hounds already have a PS3 and/or a 360.

SO you have to convince a casual who isn't up his own ass worrying about resolution and polygon counts but instead watching movies while playing games on the side. Why he should abandon his last gen console for a new one.
#48Viet0nePosted 4/29/2014 10:11:18 AM
CKnight posted...
chedibang1994 posted...

Because the industry is growing and changing and sorry if some of you refuse to grasp or can't understand that.

The problem with the X1 isn't Kinect or it's push with multimedia. It's the extra $100 over the PS4 price tag.

Do a little research more people used the consoles for media outside of gaming. It's why MS is trying to seamlessly blend a hub for gaming and Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Twitch, ect. And an easy way for gamers to bounce between them without having to shut down applications.

The only problem is they didn't match the PS4's price. If both consoles were $400 the X1 would be seen as the better value even being less powerful.

Another problem is all these media hounds already have a PS3 and/or a 360.

SO you have to convince a casual who isn't up his own ass worrying about resolution and polygon counts but instead watching movies while playing games on the side. Why he should abandon his last gen console for a new one.

If both consoles were the same price people would be choosing between a console that plays games better or a console that is worse in gaming but has a motion camera.
---
Currently Playing: FFXIV ARR, FFXHD, Spelunky, Infamous SS
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#49Blood_ViolencePosted 4/29/2014 10:25:29 AM
Enigma149 posted...
Um...what??

Enema149....

Interesting name.