XB1 was going to be discless! Wasnt changed until the last minute!

#11BeasthuntPosted 4/28/2014 6:21:55 PM
Shinobi120 posted...
If consoles ever goes digital only, then PC gaming will win. Why?

1.) No Backwards Compatibility issues.
2.) Cheaper prices for games (especially on Steam).
3.) You can make graphics better (there are tons of mods).
4.) There are always tons of PC players, all over the world (more than just America).
5.) You don't have to worry about paying for online multiplayer (& online gaming is far superior on PC than on consoles).
6.) You don't have to worry about being tied down to one manufacturer, nobody owns PC's.
7.) You can always upgrade your hardware.

I can go on & on.

This. If I am going all digital then why not go with steam.
---
Gamertag: Beasthunt, PSN: Beasthunt.
Acts 2:38
#12KeilisPosted 4/28/2014 6:30:24 PM
Yes. I bought all my games digitally so far and plan to continue doing so. Way more convenient. Same with my 3DS. Who wants discs/cartridges cluttering up the place? Really annoying when traveling too!

I was really proud of MS for going digital only... *face-palmed* when they reneged on that and we lost the cool sharing features that could only work if games were registered to your account (DRM).

Just takes someone to do it and everyone will follow suit in the console space. I hope MS adds the ability to register your installed-from-disc games to the account in the cloud in the future. This solves the problem for people that still have slow internet, but then don't have to switch discs all the time once they are installed.

I don't see this as any different than the way we've been buying PC games digitally for the past 5 years via steam/gog/origin etc. Can't sell your steam games either. My PC doesn't even have a disc drive. Flash storage is cheap/faster and reusable.

Apple phased disc drives out of macbooks too. You don't need them anymore.

-K
#13aszsithPosted 4/28/2014 6:32:55 PM
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...
No. I like to sell games when I get done with them.

Under the old DRM system that this disc less XBOne would have been a part of, you could have sold digital games to authorized retailers (Gamestop).
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#14xHughJasxPosted 4/28/2014 6:59:35 PM
Going all digital would have been nice. It's not like you can return pc games after you play them.
---
If there wasn't people who blindly defended themselves when proven full of s*** time and again, there'd be no religious people.Or republicans. -jowephocks
#15NeuralLaxativePosted 4/28/2014 7:17:15 PM
I am confused why steam is so highly looked upon by PC gamers and yet a similar concept is such a travesty for console gamers...i personally wouldn't mind it, I'm tired of storing discs because I never sell my games. Not to mention the awesome steam sales, ex. I like playing my dads old games, kinda hoping one day my kids will enjoy mine
---
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18nmdnr6vwhxqgif/original.gif
#16DojoMaxPosted 4/28/2014 7:23:19 PM
NeuralLaxative posted...
I am confused why steam is so highly looked upon by PC gamers and yet a similar concept is such a travesty for console gamers...i personally wouldn't mind it, I'm tired of storing discs because I never sell my games. Not to mention the awesome steam sales, ex. I like playing my dads old games, kinda hoping one day my kids will enjoy mine

This is what I'm wondering too. People holler DRM this and that but its exactly how all of these content delivery systems work. Of course the trade off is that trading in games would have been dead. Developers/publishers wanted this. A lot of gamers might not have wanted it, retail chains like GS definitely didn't want it and they crusaded against it.

I wonder how many GS shills put out a lot of anti Xbox propaganda when this was announced.

Anyways this is not an issue right now but people still talk about it for some reason.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVN_Ytl_bgA -- Titanfall is better on 360 than XBone.
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin:DojoMax
#17MonicasBackPosted 4/28/2014 7:24:19 PM
Well for one thing games on steam regulary go on sale for 90% off.

On xbox you are lucky to get 14% off, maybe if the game is 6 years old you will get 50% off.
---
Monicaaa
#18RayconPosted 4/28/2014 7:26:25 PM
aszsith posted...
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...

Under the old DRM system that this disc less XBOne would have been a part of, you could have sold digital games to authorized retailers (Gamestop).

I don't fully understand why gamestop would even go along with this. Wouldn't they essentially be paying you for nothing in return? Unless they were paying you in pennies, I don't see how they profit from this at all...
---
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718
#19ThatLaoGuyPosted 4/28/2014 7:30:44 PM
Raycon posted...
aszsith posted...
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...

I don't fully understand why gamestop would even go along with this. Wouldn't they essentially be paying you for nothing in return? Unless they were paying you in pennies, I don't see how they profit from this at all...

Lol that ish makes no sense, I agree. But uh yeah lemme just trade in my digital copy so GameStop can sell my used digital copy for $55
---
If you want to see grown men online throw tantrums, visit the xbone board.
#20NeuralLaxativePosted 4/28/2014 7:35:35 PM
No way man, ever since this new gen came out ive been getting some killer deals on both PSN and XBL; 75%-90% off sometimes for newer games. Granted you gotta wait for a sale. The fact of the matter is DRM will slowly (already is tbh) be integrated into console gaming until its just the norm. Microsoft jumped the gun and payed for it but you can already see by the amount of full games on both systems for purchase and download that this is the way things are going. Publishers and developers want a piece of the pie and honestly the only thing that's stopping me from just purchasing cheap DRM games instead of used games is limited hard drive space, because at least for last gen games, they've been as cheap or cheaper than used games. Hell, I got Arkham city for $5 last week. Cant find it that cheap used
---
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18nmdnr6vwhxqgif/original.gif