XB1 was going to be discless! Wasnt changed until the last minute!

#21wesker1602Posted 4/28/2014 6:45:55 PM
No way, games wouldn't have a collection value, nor resale value.
#22Cowboy082288Posted 4/28/2014 6:51:05 PM
Supposedly the PS4 was going to have 4GB of ram until they found out that the X1 would have 8. Then quickly changed it. I have no proof. Was just a rumor on the net........
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#23WartPig_Posted 4/28/2014 6:51:08 PM
net neutrality

nuff said.

with the new laws in the US a digital age will NEVER come.
---
PSN-WartPigX, XBL-WartPig ...... Novorossiya
"people talking without speaking, people hearing without listening"
#24bob15xPosted 4/28/2014 7:03:37 PM
aj4x94 posted...
Considering DRM is a travesty against consumers, I'd say we aren't ready for diskless.

you do know that disks are drm right?
#25Viper187666Posted 4/28/2014 7:15:16 PM
bob15x posted...
aj4x94 posted...
Considering DRM is a travesty against consumers, I'd say we aren't ready for diskless.

Discs are copy protected. There's a huge difference.
---
I refuse to buy XB1 until it's sold without Kinect. No, I'm not a Sony fanboy. See? http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/DSCN0220.JPG
#26xHughJasxPosted 4/28/2014 7:36:55 PM
Viper187666 posted...
bob15x posted...
aj4x94 posted...

Discs are copy protected. There's a huge difference.

Speaking from a pc standpoint. Discs are drm. I will never understand how people have no problem with pc games that can't be resold, but go crazy over the prospect of Xbox having the same thing.
---
If there wasn't people who blindly defended themselves when proven full of s*** time and again, there'd be no religious people.Or republicans. -jowephocks
#27MinamoPosted 4/28/2014 7:40:54 PM(edited)
NeuralLaxative posted...
I am confused why steam is so highly looked upon by PC gamers and yet a similar concept is such a travesty for console gamers...i personally wouldn't mind it, I'm tired of storing discs because I never sell my games. Not to mention the awesome steam sales, ex. I like playing my dads old games, kinda hoping one day my kids will enjoy mine

Steam has competition to keep it in check, not to mention the ease of piracy being their number one competitor. A locked down console with the only retailer being the console maker themselves would be priced to hell and back with god only knows what limitations on use, no matter who made the console. Do you honestly think Steam would have good sales if it was "Buy your game on Steam or you don't buy it at all?" Here's a little tip: Steam doesn't have good sales because Valve just loves gamers.
#28HeracylostPosted 4/28/2014 7:44:52 PM
I like the people who go all digital. They're a funny lot. Only argument is. Ug I'm so lazy and It's so tiring and hard to swap out a disk. Ug I'm so not into it, it's so retro brah.
It's honestly how you sound. I'd just like options about the software I buy.
#29MetalZoicPosted 4/28/2014 8:21:32 PM
BBQMoosehead posted...

Would you have bought XB1 if it was discless?

Sure. Wouldn't have made any difference to me at all.
#30aszsithPosted 4/28/2014 8:25:34 PM
Raycon posted...
aszsith posted...
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...
No. I like to sell games when I get done with them.

Under the old DRM system that this disc less XBOne would have been a part of, you could have sold digital games to authorized retailers (Gamestop).

I don't fully understand why gamestop would even go along with this. Wouldn't they essentially be paying you for nothing in return? Unless they were paying you in pennies, I don't see how they profit from this at all...

This is the problem with the process. It wasn't explained well and most people need even simple things explained to them because society has been trained to not think to figure something out because it can just have explained by someone else.

How does trading work now? You take your physical game, sell it to Gamestop, and they turn around and sell it to someone else. You can no long play the game because you don't have it any longer. Digital content you are stuck with.

If the digital plans had gone as originally designed before the Internet cried foul, you would sell Gamestop your digital token, which could include DLC as well as games. Gamestop would then sell that digital token to another consumer. You would no longer be able to play the content because the token for it is no longer registered to you.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.