XB1 was going to be discless! Wasnt changed until the last minute!

#31ZerabpPosted 4/28/2014 9:35:16 PM
Cowboy082288 posted...
Supposedly the PS4 was going to have 4GB of ram until they found out that the X1 would have 8. Then quickly changed it. I have no proof. Was just a rumor on the net........

Close but not quite they always wanted to do 8gigs but they weren't sure they could secure enough of it before they started production. They literally had a deal go through that gave them the supply lines they needed just before production so upgraded it quietly. A few of the engineers confirmed this. So it was not pressure from MS, considering they announced their specs before them, but not having a secure supply chain of the GDDR5.
---
XBL Gamertag:SentinelZ PSnetwork ID: SentinelZ
"Bloody wars are easier to survive than idiots with ballots. " Neal Boortz
#32justchill433Posted 4/28/2014 10:00:15 PM
Games don't actually take 50+ GBs. Honestly, the biggest games would be 20 GBs max. They don't compress the games at all. It pisses me off that they are lazy and leave it at 50+ GBs for downloads.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#33ChargrilledPosted 4/28/2014 10:08:02 PM
RS_YELARAKA posted...
What breaking news folks!!!

---
GT : DeadJericho/PSN : Focalpoint/WiiU : FocalpointUK
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#34maizemaizePosted 4/28/2014 10:51:16 PM
It X 1 was disc less, it would be dead by now.
Just like PHANTOM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_Entertainment
And Wii U and PS4 would win this gen sales... well it seems it is already happening.
#35eXcalibur2k5Posted 4/28/2014 11:14:43 PM
I recently bought an Xbox One (to go along with my PS4 and Wii U), that wouldn't have happened at all had they not allowed physical games, or went ahead with any of the nonsense they were pushing. When games go digital you lose almost all control over your purchase, but you pay the same or in many cases higher prices. Digital only appeals to me when you get a really substantial discount and where your not forced to buy from a particular company. If there is a physical version of a game i want, I buy it over the digital version, every time unless i can get it at a major discount.
---
Yes, I said what you think i said.
#36kingbahamut83Posted 4/29/2014 12:35:25 AM
Is it cOLD in here?
---
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
Commander of Shop Wreckerz clan
#372006_Posted 4/29/2014 12:56:31 AM
Shinobi120 posted...
If consoles ever goes digital only, then PC gaming will win. Why?

1.) No Backwards Compatibility issues.
2.) Cheaper prices for games (especially on Steam).
3.) You can make graphics better (there are tons of mods).
4.) There are always tons of PC players, all over the world (more than just America).
5.) You don't have to worry about paying for online multiplayer (& online gaming is far superior on PC than on consoles).
6.) You don't have to worry about being tied down to one manufacturer, nobody owns PC's.
7.) You can always upgrade your hardware.

I can go on & on.

8.) Console gamers never cared for PC gaming.
9.) Really, they never did
10.) Consoles have better exclusives (opinion)

I can go on & on.
#38PulpPosted 4/29/2014 1:02:15 AM
When companies offer me real reasons to go "discless" (like price), I will be happy to do so. Microsofts problem was that they offered no incentive to do so. In fact, every other week it seemed like reasons not to want to go digital.
---
INTEL 533MHZ PIII 512k/133, ALL-IN-Wonder 128 Pro AGP, 128MB SDRAM, Sound Blaster 32AWE, 47GB Elite SCSI, Win98
#39TheMuffinPosted 4/29/2014 6:09:19 AM
I highly doubt it was a last minute change.Considering you would have to source a Blu-Ray drive, a new forming dye for the metal enclosure, modify the motherboard to allow for peg stands to hold said drive, source out a company to design the new front faceplate, then get a company to machine and design the mold to make said faceplate as well as the eject button. Not to mention creating a whole new circuit board to control the eject button as well as rewriting the systems OS to look for a disc drive as well as the command from the eject button. And then the UI has to be redone just so you have new tiles and on screen prompts and buttons for both the disc and eject functionality. That all doesn't happen last minute.
---
MonicasBack ~This is an interesting topic, I could imagine my mom or someone else who has zero knowledge of games making it.
#40bob15xPosted 4/29/2014 6:50:07 AM
Viper187666 posted...
bob15x posted...
aj4x94 posted...
Considering DRM is a travesty against consumers, I'd say we aren't ready for diskless.

you do know that disks are drm right?

Discs are copy protected. There's a huge difference.

well can you explain to all of us how you can play a physical game on the ps4 or xbox one without the disk in the drive please.

We would all like to know.