Why wont microsoft let us upgrade the xbox one hard drive? The 360 we can
#2axelfooley2k5Posted 4/28/2014 7:03:38 PM
i think they will add external support
maybe
---
Sergeant Harrison Yates
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv62bDzeWKQ
#3Garage_ManPosted 4/28/2014 7:17:40 PM
Because MS said you don't need it. Why are you going to argue?

On a more serious note someone should swap in a SSD. The thing is basically running Windows so it could gain quite a lot from it.
#4Tajaz2426Posted 4/28/2014 7:29:11 PM
Just a question, I own a 4, but I've never swapped hard drives on any console. Is it possible to swap the drive out? I'm not very computer literate.
#5nickr2d2Posted 4/28/2014 7:30:19 PM(edited)
The ability to add external HDD stuff for the XB1 will be added in a future update.
---
"You're using the wrong words to express your still incorrect thoughts" -Foxx3k
#6mike468Posted 4/28/2014 8:15:35 PM
Tajaz2426 posted...
Just a question, I own a 4, but I've never swapped hard drives on any console. Is it possible to swap the drive out? I'm not very computer literate.

On the PS3 and 4 you can. It requires a little bit of work by having to back-up your stuff first and downloading the latest firmware to a flash drive before swapping rives.

There is also the possibility of the drive your swapping in, as being incomparable as well. A lot of people just assume you can swap in the biggest capacity, highest speed 2.5 drive and it will work no problem, but that's not the case.

While I'm disappointed MS didn't make the XBO 's hard drive replaceable, I kind don't blame them for it. They got a **** ton of backlash for using a proprietary drive on the 360 that was expensive and I'm sure they don't want users running into the same incompatibility issues that some Playstation owners have experienced with swapping their drives. So add external hard drive support is the best option. I just hope they don't gimp the capacity like the 360. I'm pretty pissed that my 360's HDD is full and I have to rely on and juggle several 16 gb flash drives.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#7AwayFromHerePosted 4/28/2014 8:17:48 PM
nickr2d2 posted...
The ability to add external HDD stuff for the XB1 will be added in a future update.

Is there even a projected release date for that?
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#8Tajaz2426Posted 4/28/2014 8:18:41 PM
mike468 posted...
Tajaz2426 posted...

On the PS3 and 4 you can. It requires a little bit of work by having to back-up your stuff first and downloading the latest firmware to a flash drive before swapping rives.

There is also the possibility of the drive your swapping in, as being incomparable as well. A lot of people just assume you can swap in the biggest capacity, highest speed 2.5 drive and it will work no problem, but that's not the case.

While I'm disappointed MS didn't make the XBO 's hard drive replaceable, I kind don't blame them for it. They got a **** ton of backlash for using a proprietary drive on the 360 that was expensive and I'm sure they don't want users running into the same incompatibility issues that some Playstation owners have experienced with swapping their drives. So add external hard drive support is the best option. I just hope they don't gimp the capacity like the 360. I'm pretty pissed that my 360's HDD is full and I have to rely on and juggle several 16 gb flash drives.

Is the One's HDD replaceable at all? Or does just void the warranty? I have my 4's drive pretty much filled up, but would never try a switch just seems to 50/50 for messing something up. Thanks for the info, just curious about it.
#9mike468Posted 4/28/2014 8:25:02 PM(edited)
Tajaz2426 posted...

Is the One's HDD replaceable at all? Or does just void the warranty? I have my 4's drive pretty much filled up, but would never try a switch just seems to 50/50 for messing something up. Thanks for the info, just curious about it.

No you can't replace the XBO's hard drive like the 360, PS3 or PS4.

There is a tutorial on a DIY method, but it will void the warranty. Plus MS banned player who swapped hard drives on the original Xbox years ago. I wouldn't even risk doing with the XBO for the same reason.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#10Tajaz2426Posted 4/28/2014 8:26:11 PM
mike468 posted...
Tajaz2426 posted...

No you can't replace the XBO's hard drive like the 360, PS3 or PS4.

There is a tutorial on a DIY method, but it will void the warranty. Plus MS banned player who swapped hard drives on the original Xbox years ago. I wouldn't even risk doing with the XBO for the same reason.

Thanks man, great info for my future purchase. It is most appreciated.