Why cant we upgrade the harddrive

#11AwayFromHerePosted 4/28/2014 7:29:55 PM
Sony told people in the manual what kind of drive to use, 2.5" SATA 5400 RPM, if anyone tried something different, blaming Sony was stupid.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#12InterzoneMantraPosted 4/28/2014 7:50:21 PM
wouldn't the games load slower on the external hd compared to the internal hardrive?
#13mike468Posted 4/28/2014 7:54:17 PM
InterzoneMantra posted...
wouldn't the games load slower on the external hd compared to the internal hardrive?

I believe the XBO uses USB 3.0, so speeds won't be bad.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#14MertensCWPosted 4/28/2014 7:54:31 PM
Because companies say lots of things.

At least this doesn't result in deaths. ( as far as we know)
---
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.
#15WartPig_Posted 4/28/2014 7:56:31 PM
wasnt that one of the many selling points promised and still not delivered?

man companies these days... ugh -_-

goes for all of them. but hey they already got our money.
---
PSN-WartPigX, XBL-WartPig ...... Novorossiya
"people talking without speaking, people hearing without listening"
#16HeracylostPosted 4/28/2014 8:02:16 PM
MS no want you fiddling with their next Gen hardware. I would also guess it's you keep your hacking, cheating, game cloning paws out of it.
That's my guess. They're paranoid, you'll find the hamster wheel inside that makes the thing go.
#17orestes1981Posted 4/28/2014 8:06:47 PM
MS could not make money by selling overpriced HDDs; so, they removed the feature of gamers being able to upgrade the HDD at all. They are worried about people pirating games on HDDs for some reason.

In this regard, MS is trying to be the Apple of console gaming.
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher
#18mike468Posted 4/28/2014 8:07:03 PM
WartPig_ posted...
wasnt that one of the many selling points promised and still not delivered?

man companies these days... ugh -_-

goes for all of them. but hey they already got our money.

It hasn't been delivered because most gamers haven't reached the system's capacity yet. There is no need for it at the moment.

The only people I've read of hitting the limit so far are review sites who have literally every game released so far (probably plus some as well) installed on the system. So unless you are a review site or own absolutely every single game out on the XBO, then you should be good.

I have a a lot the top games installed on my system, save for a few (COD, PvZ:GW, Ryse, Dead Rising 3), and I still have plenty of space.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#19DeadLock25Posted 4/28/2014 8:24:25 PM
Garage_Man posted...
Because MS said you don't need it. Why are you going to argue?

On a more serious note someone should swap in a SSD. The thing is basically running Windows so it could gain quite a lot from it.

Pretty sure they did when they were testing game loading/install times. Having an SSD did hardly anything from what I remember.

But on topic, TC, would you rather replace a harddrive for another one (requiring you to abandon or copy the contents of the previous drive) or just add more space using an external one? Both are valid options, although I prefer the more efficient add on/swap version instead of the replacement one.
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244