The X1 is first and foremost a gaming device; how does the Kinect benefit that?

#1BaronVladzPosted 4/28/2014 7:34:56 PM
Having owned the Kinect 1.0 and 2.0 now, I see the appeal in its multimedia prowess. But when it comes to gaming, I just can't justify this device. There's a reason why I haven't bought the camera for the PS4 yet, and that's because I personally don't think a player tracking device has any place in a home gaming console. Discuss
#2Cowboy082288Posted 4/28/2014 7:36:45 PM
Use search for something that has been brought up a million times on this board. Discuss.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#3nickr2d2Posted 4/28/2014 7:40:50 PM(edited)
I would discuss, but... the chances of this topic derailing and going full-on console wars are TOO DAMN HIGH!

Keep this in mind, future posters: the Kinect isn't jacking up the price by a full $100.
---
"You're using the wrong words to express your still incorrect thoughts" -Foxx3k
#4BaronVladz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 7:39:42 PM
Cowboy082288 posted...
Use search for something that has been brought up a million times on this board. Discuss.

I did search, and all the discussions that I found are regarding whether the kinect is worth it, or if the x1 should be sold without one, with the discussion revolving around the multimedia functions. I want to focus the discussion on gaming, and how this peripheral is benefiting the X1 as a gaming console, which is ultimately what it's marketed as.
#5Cowboy082288Posted 4/28/2014 7:41:27 PM
http://www.troll.me/images/creepy-willy-wonka/you-must-be-new-here.jpg
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#6donate123Posted 4/28/2014 7:44:00 PM
No the xbox one as is the PS4 and possibly wii u is first and formost a multimedia device the days of consoles being strictly for games are long gone get used to it
#7aheroafakePosted 4/28/2014 7:51:36 PM
No, the Xbox One is first and foremost a TV media hub, game console second.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#8BaronVladz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 7:52:06 PM
donate123 posted...
No the xbox one as is the PS4 and possibly wii u is first and formost a multimedia device the days of consoles being strictly for games are long gone get used to it

That's one opinion, but I don't believe that to be true; consumers can easily go buy a Chromecast or Amazon Fire TV and have a cheaper/better multimedia device than spending $300-$500 on a gaming console for the sake of multimedia.
#9DeadLock25Posted 4/28/2014 8:05:59 PM
BaronVladz posted...
donate123 posted...

That's one opinion, but I don't believe that to be true; consumers can easily go buy a Chromecast or Amazon Fire TV and have a cheaper/better multimedia device than spending $300-$500 on a gaming console for the sake of multimedia.

Having options doesnt mean what he said is not true. Consoles are becoming multimedia devices whether people like it or not. Comparing the original 360 to the one we have now, the trend is obvious. Extrapolating that leads to the obvious conclusion.

I dont see how you can claim a device whose primary uses are games/netflix/HBO/Hulu and now TV is NOT a multimedia device. It is, and both consoles are becoming more so everyday. Ignoring it or saying its not supposed to be this way is the equivalent of saying that a cellphone's primary purpose is or should be solely to make calls, and well, we both know that is not even remotely close to being true these days.
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244
#10donate123Posted 4/28/2014 9:43:29 PM
DeadLock25 posted...
BaronVladz posted...
donate123 posted...

Having options doesnt mean what he said is not true. Consoles are becoming multimedia devices whether people like it or not. Comparing the original 360 to the one we have now, the trend is obvious. Extrapolating that leads to the obvious conclusion.

I dont see how you can claim a device whose primary uses are games/netflix/HBO/Hulu and now TV is NOT a multimedia device. It is, and both consoles are becoming more so everyday. Ignoring it or saying its not supposed to be this way is the equivalent of saying that a cellphone's primary purpose is or should be solely to make calls, and well, we both know that is not even remotely close to being true these days.

Exactly