The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

I can see GameStop go out of business sooner than later.

#1pepsiboy95620Posted 4/28/2014 7:16:47 PM
Recently I made a topic how there's ways GameStop can survive, but honestly after going to my local GameStop I think they will be gone pretty soon. They should really be a all games store and focus on games old and new.(BTW they should have never got rid of old system games people still buy them) but today as I went in to trade in 2 games I see signs everywhere acting as if they give you a lot of credit for used games. So I take Ryse and Need for Speed Rivals, what did they offer me? 35 dollars... Yes 35 dollars for games they are selling ea for 50 to 45 used. That wasn't even the price of one used game!!!!

I told them what about the bonus credit and for being a pro member? Nope none of that mattered. I just told them no thanks I'll go to best buy and I went there and they give me 55 dollars credit.

Its so sad to see an actual game store get beat badly by a store that's only half games and doesn't have to focus only on that. So for that I don't mind if GameStop dies, if they do it will be by their own wrong doing.
---
GT:Martin 23 kings
#2PorungaPosted 4/28/2014 7:22:42 PM
Nothing lasts forever.
#3JoeSkeletorPosted 4/28/2014 7:31:01 PM
With walmart starting trade ins and the growing online market gamestop is all but dead they just announced thier refocus on the cellphone market but thats a to lillte to late endevoure.
---
PS4: Irskeletor / XB1: JoeSkeletor / WiiU: Deadskelton
#4CHS_RICHPosted 4/28/2014 7:58:27 PM
I don't see how they would. Their strategy is ingenious really. Probably second only behind micro transactions in MMO games. They sell you a game, and you sell it back to them for credit you can only use at their store. How that would ever fail eludes me
#5orestes1981Posted 4/28/2014 8:02:16 PM
As long as their is physical copies of games, they will stay around. If consumers allow consoles to be digital only, then they will go out of business.
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher
#6IzanamlPosted 4/28/2014 8:04:29 PM
CHS_RICH posted...
I don't see how they would. Their strategy is ingenious really. Probably second only behind micro transactions in MMO games. They sell you a game, and you sell it back to them for credit you can only use at their store. How that would ever fail eludes me

They wouldn't have bothered selling tablets and ipods if they didn't need more revenue. And now that they are getting into the cellphone business and shutting down stores just screams desperation. I hope Gamestop closes down. Worst retailer in America.
---
The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed.
"The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom." - Arcana II The Priestess
#7HeracylostPosted 4/28/2014 8:06:05 PM
If they be smart they'd bring everything from 2600 to current systems back and simply not sell all digital systems at all.
I wouldn't. It's a waste of store space and sales.
#8userfrigginamePosted 4/28/2014 8:11:55 PM
It's hard for a dedicated video game store to make an honest buck and stay afloat at the same time nowadays it seems. I feel like being profitable, and being fair to consumers is harder to balance than ppl seem to think.
#9foreverzero14Posted 4/28/2014 8:16:59 PM
They have to make their money back, and the longer those games sit on the shelf the more value they lose. It won't be too long before both those games become $20 for new copies. Best Buy can offer more because their game trading is only a very tiny fraction of their total revenue. If they take a loss on a used game, it's no big deal to them, where GameStop makes about 75% of their money through the sales of used games and thus can't afford too much of a loss.
---
Calling yourself a gamer when you only play Call of Duty is like saying you're a good cook when all you can make is ramen and Hot Pockets.
#10MetalZoicPosted 4/28/2014 8:18:25 PM
CHS_RICH posted...

Well like the others said they're closing 130+ stores and re-opening stores as mobile/tablet stores. It's pretty easy to see which way the biggest industry growth is going.