I can see GameStop go out of business sooner than later.

#21CarpetfluffPosted 4/28/2014 11:38:05 PM
It makes me laugh the way people think their games should still be worth practically the same value as the day they bought them. If you're truly done with a game to the point where your not going to play it any more and all it would ever do is sit on the shelf gathering dust then any value it has towards getting you something else you will play is worthwhile. People focus on what they sell that game for after the fact, but it's irrelevant if you genuinely weren't ever going to touch it again. Even $5 off your next game is worth more than an un-used, untouched bit of plastic on your shelf.
#22TheCyborgNinjaPosted 4/29/2014 12:10:43 AM
GS has the rest of this hardware generation, then they're in trouble. They know it, too. All the toys, shirts, board games, and digital goods flooding the store. The biggest thing to save them would be fostering loyalty, which they seem unprepared to do.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#23pepsiboy95620(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2014 12:29:40 AM
Carpetfluff posted...
It makes me laugh the way people think their games should still be worth practically the same value as the day they bought them. If you're truly done with a game to the point where your not going to play it any more and all it would ever do is sit on the shelf gathering dust then any value it has towards getting you something else you will play is worthwhile. People focus on what they sell that game for after the fact, but it's irrelevant if you genuinely weren't ever going to touch it again. Even $5 off your next game is worth more than an un-used, untouched bit of plastic on your shelf.

Its not that the game is not worth the price. It clearly is! When I see games like the ones I took in and only got offered 35 that is wrong when down the street best buy and walmart are giving you 50 for the same games!!! That is wrong and they know it.

Also back to the old games. They could make more money off those games I see them on amazon and craigslist going for good prices. In a way I think GameStop devalued games solely and made it seem like they are worthless once a year is up which should not be the case.
---
GT:Martin 23 kings
#24IzanamlPosted 4/29/2014 2:24:12 AM
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-Monster+Hunter+3+Ultimate

Hey Gamestop, how about you do everyone a favor and just get lost?
---
The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed.
"The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom." - Arcana II The Priestess
#25Laylow12Posted 4/29/2014 2:30:04 AM
It is time for Gamestops thieving heart to beat no longer.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#26LapanuiPosted 4/29/2014 2:33:01 AM
I think the problem with dedicated game stores is that fact that they can only make money from games, consoles and maybe a few bits of tech. They can't afford to drop prices on certain products to make up for losses in others.

Best Buy don't just sell games, they sell many other products which makes them money. They can afford to give you more money for a game because they can make it back when selling something else.

Supermarkets are in an even better position. They can sell games for cheaper than dedicated game stores, but increase the prices of food and such that people have to buy everyday for a couple of pence. It might not sound like a lot to you when the milk, eggs or bread has increased by two pence, but to them, if they do that in all of there stores and thousands of people buy bread everyday, they just made back any money they lost by dropping the price of games.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#27Tyronelio1Posted 4/29/2014 2:33:28 AM
It's weird because sometimes eb offers me a bad deal and other times they offer me great deals.

Today I went and traded in ghosts/bf4/lotr WITN and the sims 3 pets and got $80 + the 10% extra as I'm a level 2 member.

Usually I would get like $5 all up lol.

Picked up some hard to find games and paid off watch dogs and bought Xbox money for child of light!

Sorry for the blog faqs lol. (GameStop owns eb games if you didn't know)

I hope they don't go under because it'll effect my gaming experience of shopping.
---
Welcome to Sonyfaqs.com.
Currently playing: FF: 13-3, NBA 2K13, Lego: Batman/LotR, DBZ Budokai HD collection, Hitman HD Trilogy and Sacred 2: Fallen Angel.
#28foundryGodPosted 4/29/2014 4:31:51 AM

I'm going to be honest, I'm surprised that there hasn't been a video gaming chain pop up that dealt only in retro gaming. imo, there is a market there for it that is being left untapped.

I don't know about chains, but there are at least three different stores in my area that sell everything from this gen to Atari 2600. Their prices for resale and trade in are comparable to GS though. Still, it's nice if you want older stuff.
#29pepsiboy95620(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2014 9:30:38 AM
foundryGod posted...

I'm going to be honest, I'm surprised that there hasn't been a video gaming chain pop up that dealt only in retro gaming. imo, there is a market there for it that is being left untapped.

I don't know about chains, but there are at least three different stores in my area that sell everything from this gen to Atari 2600. Their prices for resale and trade in are comparable to GS though. Still, it's nice if you want older stuff.

If there was an actual chain store like that it would be so great for gaming.
---
GT:Martin 23 kings
#30MonicasBackPosted 4/29/2014 9:33:09 AM
They will just have to be more competitive, they wont be able to offer 20% of what they sell for much longer.
---
Monicaaa