I can see GameStop go out of business sooner than later.

#41NewMoonShadowPosted 5/4/2014 3:37:51 AM
Mattyice0514 posted...
pepsiboy95620 posted...
Recently I made a topic how there's ways GameStop can survive, but honestly after going to my local GameStop I think they will be gone pretty soon. They should really be a all games store and focus on games old and new.(BTW they should have never got rid of old system games people still buy them) but today as I went in to trade in 2 games I see signs everywhere acting as if they give you a lot of credit for used games. So I take Ryse and Need for Speed Rivals, what did they offer me? 35 dollars... Yes 35 dollars for games they are selling ea for 50 to 45 used. That wasn't even the price of one used game!!!!

I told them what about the bonus credit and for being a pro member? Nope none of that mattered. I just told them no thanks I'll go to best buy and I went there and they give me 55 dollars credit.

Its so sad to see an actual game store get beat badly by a store that's only half games and doesn't have to focus only on that. So for that I don't mind if GameStop dies, if they do it will be by their own wrong doing.

It's simple supply and demand. If gamestop as a company has 15 copies of Pre-Owned Ryse and Need for Speed in each of their stores because they were launch titles, why would they continue paying top dollar for games that people aren't buying anymore? It's like Madden. I have seen how many copies of Madden 13 they have in their inventory and people still complain that they only get 2 bucks. Really?! For a 2 year old game that they have thousands of copies? Yeah. 2 bucks. If the customer doesn't like it they can try to sell it online for $20. But will it ever sell?

Don't give me that "supply and demand" crap. Even for rare games that you NEVER see in GameStops they'll still only give you $2 -$4 for it and then mark it up to $40 to sell because it's so rare.

GameStop has always ripped people off that way. The sooner they're gone the better. We don't even need them to find games with Amazon around.
#42koalabear9000Posted 5/4/2014 3:40:36 AM
The thing is every gamestore I know gives almost the same amount or sometimes even less money for used games. If you want the most money out of your games you should try sell them online for people directly.