Anyone else annoyed how all the equipment says "Xbox" and not "Xbox One"?

#1weapon_d00d816Posted 4/28/2014 9:19:13 PM
Equipment meaning the console, Kinect, controller, and headset. They all just say "Xbox".

It's not a big deal, but to someone a little obsessive like me, I get irritated that my 360's disc drive says "Xbox 360" while my Xbox One console only says "Xbox".
---
http://i.imgur.com/FD7Xp.gif
SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG
#2gohoanqPosted 4/28/2014 9:29:52 PM
That is kind of weird now that you mention it.
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.
#3SteelToothPosted 4/29/2014 12:26:40 AM
Nah, Xbox is a brand unto itself now.

I actually wish MS would simply call the console "Xbox" and show off the new version every few years.

Sort of like how car companies evolve a model.
---
TWSSted Steel Disagree with me? Talk to the Tree:
http://i.imgur.com/ihMBR.jpg
#4crynryanPosted 4/29/2014 12:35:02 AM
Microsoft's big thing right now is streamlining everything, and either way people will just call it an Xbox. Just like how people call any Playstation a Playstation or any Nintendo console a Nintendo.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#5Iceman83Posted 4/29/2014 1:09:15 AM
Maybe the Xbox One is actually a re-boot of the first Xbox. ...
---
If it bleeds, we can kill it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
#6CaIiber345Posted 4/29/2014 1:22:34 AM
It annoys me that in so many interviews, Microsoft personnel just call it the "box." Not Xbox One, Xbox, One, just...box. Because that's all it is to them. A box.
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: Destiny, No Man's Sky, Rogue Legacy, The Witness
#7SteveAustin268xPosted 4/29/2014 4:48:38 AM
I didn't even notice
---
If you want my signature, you have to pay first.
#8kennyynnooPosted 4/29/2014 5:06:25 AM
The white light on the controller is what annoys me, if they want it as bright as a flash light let it work as one. Swear it lights up a room but you cant use it as a flashlight.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#9SparkItUpPosted 4/29/2014 5:31:21 AM
gohoanq posted...
That is kind of weird now that you mention it.
---
#10game freakozoidPosted 4/29/2014 5:33:42 AM
SteelTooth posted...
Nah, Xbox is a brand unto itself now.

I actually wish MS would simply call the console "Xbox" and show off the new version every few years.

Sort of like how car companies evolve a model.

That'd be a bit dangerous as most people wouldn't know to upgrade then. Cars work this way as you aren't really buying an upgrade, just a new model. Some parts of that new model may be better, some may be worse. It could have some new features and yet lack old features.

However, a new console is an entire upgrade and its important for the company that people know that they actually need to upgrade (unlike Cars where people don't really need to get the new model when it comes out).

Take the Wii U for example. A lot of people didn't understand that it was a whole new console and they thought it was just an add on for the Wii. That's helped to really hurt sales for the console. That's why Playstation keeps its number system going up or Xbox and Nintendo usually make a big change in the name so that people know its something new and that they need to get the upgrade.

Same with how phones will either get a completely new name or a number configuration.