So why do people who want the disc version of amazing spiderman 2 have to wait

#1jpraelsterPosted 4/29/2014 10:34:18 AM
Thats bs
#2Troll_DirectoryPosted 4/29/2014 10:35:49 AM
ask the publisher.
#3jpraelster(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2014 10:38:01 AM
I just dont understand why digital gets it first its stupid I refuse to buy games digital, I like to own my stuff
#4HorridhalPosted 4/29/2014 10:40:40 AM
jpraelster posted...
I just dont understand why digital gets it first its stupid I refuse to buy games digital, I like to own my stuff

Acting like this is new or different is stupid.

Digital distribution has always been more efficient than physical. You can view the extra wait time as a 'physically ownership tax.'

Additionally, you need more patience.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#5jpraelster(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2014 10:43:40 AM
Horridhal posted...
jpraelster posted...

Digital distribution has always been more efficient than physical. You can view the extra wait time as a 'physically ownership tax.'

Maybe more effiecient but digital sucks im not gonna pay 60 bucks for a digital game when I can get the same game with a physical case for the same price
#6billsfanno1Posted 4/29/2014 10:50:59 AM
I'm guessing to avoid early adopters trading in the disc once they get bored with it. With games like this it's probably not a bad idea.
#7CKnightPosted 4/29/2014 10:55:40 AM
I think it's a joint test between MS and the publisher to see if releasing it early digitally is a way to increase sales and move gamers towards all digital.

The game is obviously ready. Why couldn't they put it on a disc and ship ot to stores.
#8HorridhalPosted 4/29/2014 10:59:53 AM
jpraelster posted...
Horridhal posted...
jpraelster posted...

Maybe more effiecient but digital sucks im not gonna pay 60 bucks for a digital game when I can get the same game with a physical case for the same price

You seem to not understand so I'll try another way, mmkay?

You.
Don't.
Have.
To.
Buy.
It.
Digital.

But choosing not to means you will have to wait.

Simple enough?
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#9jpraelster(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2014 11:02:03 AM
Horridhal posted...
jpraelster posted...
Horridhal posted...
jpraelster posted...

You seem to not understand so I'll try another way, mmkay?

You.
Don't.
Have.
To.
Buy.
It.
Digital.

But choosing not to means you will have to wait.

Simple enough?

shouldnt have to mean that though I hope this doesnt become a trend and it was just a physical issue for this game
#10Troll_DirectoryPosted 4/29/2014 11:02:46 AM
CKnight posted...
I think it's a joint test between MS and the publisher to see if releasing it early digitally is a way to increase sales and move gamers towards all digital.

The game is obviously ready. Why couldn't they put it on a disc and ship ot to stores.
they might have made an error when pressing the discs and/or submitted the wrong build in the first place. it's unlikely they would do this on purpose, and blatantly step on the toes of retailers.