So I just entered the next generation & got an X1 with help from EBay

#11ave1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2014 11:48:51 AM
What the eBay link shows is that I paid via PayPal $490.40 which was after the 23.40 shipping was tacked on (notice the 40 cents is there). The auction actually ended at $467.00.

I actually nabbed it in the final 12 seconds ;)

Also- I have Paypal assurances and the seller had been rated 71 times with positive feedback and not one negative.

I got a phenomenal deal.
---
If a tree falls in a forest and you hear it, but your eyes are closed, how do you know it's not just fifty porcupines sliding down a hill?
#12Mindwipe77Posted 4/29/2014 11:50:18 AM
the next gen isnt here for another 7-10 years
---
Proud owner of X1,PS4 and Wii U, I pity childish fanboys
"All the significant breakthroughs were breaks with old ways of thinking."
#13ave1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2014 11:56:21 AM
gala12 posted...
I'm sorry to tell you this but that is not a good deal, you ended up paying 513.35 dlls (with shipping cost included) for a used console with one bad game (madden), nba 2k14 is quite good, but you can buy it new for 39.99, you can also get a new controller for 40.00 if you know where to buy.

A new Xbox One with either Titanfall or Forza (both great games) sets you back 450.00, plus 40 for a new copy of nba 2k14 and 40 for a new controller totals 528.00, i would gladly pay the 15.00 dllr difference plus tax for everything to be brand new and with games that are actually great.

Mindwipe77 posted...
the next gen isnt here for another 7-10 years

...And, that makes no sense, seeing that I've been stuck in the last generation for the past 6 months!
---
If a tree falls in a forest and you hear it, but your eyes are closed, how do you know it's not just fifty porcupines sliding down a hill?
#14gala12Posted 4/29/2014 12:01:10 PM(edited)
ave1 posted...
What the eBay link shows is that I paid via PayPal $490.40 which was after the 23.40 shipping was tacked on (notice the 40 cents is there). The auction actually ended at $467.00.

I actually nabbed it in the final 12 seconds ;)

Also- I have Paypal assurances and the seller had been rated 71 times with positive feedback and not one negative.

I got a phenomenal deal.

It's a great console, enjoy! and if fighter within is sealed, I would recommend taking it to walmart, they have this policy that lets you exchange an item for another without a reciept (up to 3 times a year) as long as it is sealed, you won't get a refund, but you will be able to swap it for a much better game.
---
Xbox One, Xbox 360, Gamertag: galamb
PS4, PS3, PSN: galamb
#15cheezedadadaPosted 4/29/2014 11:59:45 AM
Sounds good, TC. Enjoy! My only suggestion would be to take Fighter Within and fire it into the sun (or trade it in / sell it / etc).
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and everything else.
#16ave1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2014 12:12:27 PM
I'm really wanting Forza 5 so that is on my agenda for this weekend. Will probably see who has it cheapest on Sunday (Bestbuy?)
---
#17EnclavePosted 4/29/2014 12:17:00 PM
ave1 posted...
...And, that makes no sense, seeing that I've been stuck in the last generation for the past 6 months!

His point is that the PS4 and Xbone are not next gen, not anymore. They're firmly in "current gen" territory now while the PS3 and 360 are now last gen.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#18ave1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2014 12:47:59 PM
For me personally, I'm going to the next generation; thus the topic title. Once my X1 comes in the mail, I'll have arrived in a generation that everyone who had arrived calls "current". All semantics- but I digress.
---
#19ave1(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2014 8:45:59 PM
... by the way, I got it via Priority US Mail today (got to Ohio from NY within just 2days).

The good news:
Everything that was supposed to be present was present- and all boxes are present and accounted for in great shape.
I got a new/sealed controller and a new sealed recharge cable- and the seller never indicated that these were new.
The games are in top notch condition and so is the used controller.
Kinect is pretty new looking.
The system works well.

The bad news:

There are some superficial scratches on the shiny surface of the X1.

All in all, I'm happy. Now I'm off to sell off some stuff so the overall cost will go below $250 :)
---