Kinect getting worse and worse

#51MRL3G3NDPosted 4/30/2014 10:59:26 AM
Kinects sole purpose is to give feedback on advertisements

But MS is so stupid they forgot to give us a reason to buy such a device

that's where the games come in...but they forgot to make any games or features to warrant the kinects purchase...so they forced it on us

They didn't forget...they are just plain ole stupid...or perhaps they were rushed into this gen they didn't have time to develop games for it...

if you are going to Trojan in a device like this into peoples home it would make sense to make them think they have spent their money well...instead they totally dropped the ball on it...yet they push forward with it's agenda

the xbox tv shows coming soon is boasting interactivity lol...
---
WU-TANG vs BF4
http://youtu.be/TVmvMvJ67zo
#52Mjs903(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2014 11:08:31 AM
Totally agree with you mr. Legend

The purpose of the kinect was for gaming!
#53iamdanthamanPosted 4/30/2014 11:27:28 AM
This is exactly the reason why I am still going strong with my 360. I have yet to see a game that makes me want to jump into either next gen system. I love kinect on 360, I even enjoyed some of the poorly reviewed kinect games on it. I just don't see any games that make me want to shell out $400-500 bucks for a new system. The only thing that looks remotely interesting is Playroom on PS4, but even that is not nearly enough, seeing as it is basically just double fine's successor to kinect party on the 360.
---
All your base are belong to us
#54Mjs903(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2014 11:31:38 AM
I dont know about that i think dead rising 3 and titanfall are amazing
#55GeistPosted 4/30/2014 11:36:29 AM
Bummer, I was hoping to hear better. But then again maybe it's just the technology it self. You know, maybe gaming was just never meant to be controlled by air. Even the Wii is still a controller when you get down to it, which may be the reason it's better motion gaming. It's more a combination then just black and white.

Any ways thanks for the input. Like I said some Kinect games are amusing, but if it's not amazing I'm not going out of my way. They need to keep Kinect games more like Wrecketear and Haunt, not so much action I guess.
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#56leelee3105Posted 4/30/2014 11:47:58 AM
Mjs903 posted...
Tracking weight, exercises, days worked out, etc. would be fine. Make a nike app. Something to let the world know kinect has a better use than being a remote control.

The wii is putting kinect to shame imo. Say what u will about it being a totally different technology but those first party games knew how to use the technology and made it fun and easy to play.

you can already do most of that with the xbox fitness app
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!
#57chex81Posted 4/30/2014 12:03:17 PM
Kinect works AWESOME with Xbox Fitness, i only use it for that and Voice commands which i find work flawless 98% of the time.
---
XB1/WiiU: chex81
soundcloud.com/purple_i
#58chex81Posted 4/30/2014 12:05:09 PM
leelee3105 posted...
Mjs903 posted...
Tracking weight, exercises, days worked out, etc. would be fine. Make a nike app. Something to let the world know kinect has a better use than being a remote control.

The wii is putting kinect to shame imo. Say what u will about it being a totally different technology but those first party games knew how to use the technology and made it fun and easy to play.

In addition to measuring heart rate and actually tracking each muscle intensity level during the workout, light years better than Wii Fit had. As well as comparing your ratings against people in your age group, which specific workouts were your strongest and weakest, etc.
---
XB1/WiiU: chex81
soundcloud.com/purple_i
#59AceAndJunpeiPosted 4/30/2014 12:16:30 PM
chex81 posted...
leelee3105 posted...
Mjs903 posted...

In addition to measuring heart rate and actually tracking each muscle intensity level during the workout, light years better than Wii Fit had. As well as comparing your ratings against people in your age group, which specific workouts were your strongest and weakest, etc.

Are we supposed to be impressed that the Kinect can outperform tech from 2006? And just barely at that?
---
Now Reading: The Poop That Took a Pee
#60Mjs903(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2014 12:58:09 PM
Totally agree with the comment above me. Stop with the gimmicks, apps, and remote control crap.

Make some good games. Why is it im playing better motion sensing games at dve and busters for 2 tokens than at my house on a 500 dollar console.

Kinect needs to get its priorities in order