Kinect getting worse and worse

#61bgwilly255Posted 4/30/2014 2:00:09 PM
Mjs903 posted...
Just bought kinect sports rivals thinking id give my kinect some use and man this has got to be one of the worst games ive ever played. Everything about it is terrible. Like i said on kinect sports board i want to like it but this game is awful.

It seems like kinect has gotten worse and worse. Since it has released. Kinect sports was the one "go to" game and the flagship franchise of kinect and now even that has gone bad. Gunstringer, the fighting game and even the fable kinect were all huge let downs and honestly the saddest thing about it is the game i was most impressed with has been fruit ninja kinect..

Why are we not making time crisis kinect or house of dead kinect??? Why has kinect sports changed a formula that worked so well for them?? Why cant we get a boxing game? Dodgeball maybe? Hell, even a track game where you run in place to race around a track??

The ball is being majorly dropped here! Sucks when the best thing about this technology is that i can change my tv channel...

Did you try proper re-calibration for the Kinect? Kinect Sports was not reading my actions very well, but I watched a video on YouTube that details how to properly calibrate the Kinect. After that it worked flawlessly. It also has a lot to do with how far away the Kinect it, it's placement, and how many obstacles are in it's path.
---
Disabled Vet. USMC-Sgt 0844.
#62leelee3105Posted 4/30/2014 2:03:39 PM
chex81 posted...
leelee3105 posted...
Mjs903 posted...
Tracking weight, exercises, days worked out, etc. would be fine. Make a nike app. Something to let the world know kinect has a better use than being a remote control.

The wii is putting kinect to shame imo. Say what u will about it being a totally different technology but those first party games knew how to use the technology and made it fun and easy to play.

you can already do most of that with the xbox fitness app

In addition to measuring heart rate and actually tracking each muscle intensity level during the workout, light years better than Wii Fit had. As well as comparing your ratings against people in your age group, which specific workouts were your strongest and weakest, etc.

yeah its absolutely amazing. why isnt MS marketing this more though? thats the only place they have really dropped the ball.
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!
#63CaIiber345Posted 4/30/2014 2:04:07 PM
xHughJasx posted...
O boy... Not even gonna bother feeding.

But it's true.

Pack in a $100 peripheral with every console, yet it still doesn't have a good game application outside of maybe one of the Dance ones. It's a niche gimmick peripheral aimed at technophiles and people who are too lazy to push controller buttons to watch Netflix.
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: Destiny, No Man's Sky, Rogue Legacy, The Witness
#64leelee3105Posted 4/30/2014 2:06:23 PM
CaIiber345 posted...
xHughJasx posted...

But it's true.

Pack in a $100 peripheral with every console, yet it still doesn't have a good game application outside of maybe one of the Dance ones. It's a niche gimmick peripheral aimed at technophiles and people who are too lazy to push controller buttons to watch Netflix.

its aimed at people not too lazy to stand up while playing a game. fixed
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!
#65blacklabelicePosted 4/30/2014 2:59:04 PM
and just why is it one of the worst games youve ever played?
#66HorridhalPosted 4/30/2014 3:03:56 PM
leelee3105 posted...
CaIiber345 posted...
xHughJasx posted...

But it's true.

its aimed at people not too lazy to stand up while playing a game. fixed

If you really weren't lazy you'd be climbing a real wall. Not a fictional one.

It has nothing to do with being lazy. I don't need a console to help me work out or move around. I actually use them for the opposite.

Also inb4Iliftmorethanyoululz.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#67Kespo13Posted 4/30/2014 5:04:32 PM
I can tell you why its bad.....I had both Kinect sports games for 360 and loved them....They had great mini games that you could play..Dodging spikes in volleyball, being the goalie and stopping shots in soccer....any number of fun track events, downhill skiing....etc...They were all awesome and a ton of fun. The minigames are what made it great.

For this new game they just picked bad sports....I would've been much happier with a more responsive remake of the old games with better graphics....These sports just don't fit well or show off the power of the Kinect. It doesn't seem like an improvement. I still play my 360 Kinect sports over this one....That shouldn't happen.

Plus the story just gets in the way. I shouldn't have to beat a little story to unlock everything and the whole Kinect island is just dumb........

Anyways, that's my two cents...not trolling. I loved the first Kinect and Kinect sports games. I just think this one was pretty poorly made. Im not crapping on Kinect, just this game.

Hopefully they make some DLC with some of the old sports and events.
#68kakarot-uchihaPosted 5/1/2014 6:17:59 AM
chex81 posted...
leelee3105 posted...
Mjs903 posted...
Tracking weight, exercises, days worked out, etc. would be fine. Make a nike app. Something to let the world know kinect has a better use than being a remote control.

The wii is putting kinect to shame imo. Say what u will about it being a totally different technology but those first party games knew how to use the technology and made it fun and easy to play.

you can already do most of that with the xbox fitness app

In addition to measuring heart rate and actually tracking each muscle intensity level during the workout, light years better than Wii Fit had. As well as comparing your ratings against people in your age group, which specific workouts were your strongest and weakest, etc.

how does it track muscle "intensity"? what is that? like groups used? growth?

i agree with everything mrlegend said and everyone else proves the lack of games is not for lack of ideas or laziness(?), (occulous rift and morpheus?) all of us want more and more immersion, always have.