Realistically, how well would a $349.99 XB1 with Kinect sell?

#11PackersXLVPosted 4/29/2014 6:57:40 PM
I think the magic number would be $379.99 but in reality is doesn't matter cause Sony fanboys will start saying that MS is desperate.
And if they don't cut the price then trolls will complain that they should cut the price and MS is doomed and all that garbage.
#12Laylow12Posted 4/29/2014 7:03:10 PM
GunWolfAlpha posted...
not with the kinect, and not with that price. not with a fox not even in a box.

I like your style!

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#13BIackPriviIigePosted 4/29/2014 7:12:22 PM
I refuse to pay to allow advertisers to track my eyeballs as I watch ads.
#14Spetsnaz420Posted 4/30/2014 3:33:57 AM
That's probably the sweet spot for people who can't justify the current price... But I still don't want Kinect.

I'd probably buy for that same price without Kinect... Or at least make it so I never have to plug it in EVER... not even during initial setup
---
Searching for my long lost twin, is this you?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#15schmarkenheimerPosted 4/30/2014 3:37:57 AM
Right now? ~1.5x more. I can see the future.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#16quincy2000aPosted 4/30/2014 3:46:59 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Or at least make it so I never have to plug it in EVER... not even during initial setup

You don't.

I threw mine across the room (to a couch) as soon as I unboxed everything. It has remained there.

Not plugged in, ever. Still able to play everything, even online.

Not sure about what the future may bring...because we are dealing with Microsoft.

But now, there is a little icon in the upper right corner that pops up when I first log on, telling me that my Kinect is not connected--other than that, I don't even know that albatross came with the X1.

Well, the X1 is underpowered because of it...I do notice that on occasion.
---
http://www.thehdstandard.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/720p-vs-1080p.png
And, yes, I visit Eurogamer's Digital Foundry for X1/PS4 comparisons.
#17dnmtPosted 4/30/2014 4:06:09 AM(edited)
I think the general public's perception of MS and the Xbone in particular is far too negative for any price drop to be a real game changer. MS has to deliver on games and not just their tired old Halos and GoWs either. New IPs, a better value proposition for Gold and I don't know what else. Just think about how it took literally years and a ton of hard work for Sony to recover from the PS3's launch and the Xbone is in an even worse position than that.
#18Cowboy082288Posted 4/30/2014 4:09:08 AM
Well TC they have sold over 4 million in like 5 months..... So I would imagine a 30% cut in price would significantly increase sales. At that price point I would guess they would sell faster than the PS4.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuut they would also lose a lot of money. And Sony would probably respond in kind by dropping down to 300 dollars. Then both Sony and MS would be loosing quite a lot of money.

Both MS and Sony want to sell more consoles than the other but their desire to sell more units is not strong enough for them to start losing massive amounts of money.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#19garcia_jxPosted 4/30/2014 4:14:21 AM
BBQMoosehead posted...
For those who dont have one yet, Would you buy one at that price?

I don't think it's the Kinect that's the problem, I think it's the Xbox's power, or lack of power that's the problem. Why buy an Xbox when you can buy a Ps4 and play the better versions of games? And this is a valid question.
#20PominAusPosted 4/30/2014 4:17:55 AM
garcia_jx posted...
BBQMoosehead posted...
For those who dont have one yet, Would you buy one at that price?

I don't think it's the Kinect that's the problem, I think it's the Xbox's power, or lack of power that's the problem. Why buy an Xbox when you can buy a Ps4 and play the better versions of games? And this is a valid question.

Exclusives/controller/achievements etc. Why did people buy a ps3 last gen and play multiplats on it when the competitor had the better versions of those games? Also a valid question.