Realistically, how well would a $349.99 XB1 with Kinect sell?

#21da_StoOgePosted 4/30/2014 4:19:39 AM
Put it this way, at one point in the very distant future I might actually consider picking one up. If it had been a particularly bad day and my head wasn't screwed on straight. And I was drunk.

So that's quiet a step up from where I am now.
---
Being modded without reason since 2035.
#22schmarkenheimerPosted 4/30/2014 5:04:53 AM
PominAus posted...
garcia_jx posted...
BBQMoosehead posted...
For those who dont have one yet, Would you buy one at that price?

I don't think it's the Kinect that's the problem, I think it's the Xbox's power, or lack of power that's the problem. Why buy an Xbox when you can buy a Ps4 and play the better versions of games? And this is a valid question.

Exclusives/controller/achievements etc. Why did people buy a ps3 last gen and play multiplats on it when the competitor had the better versions of those games? Also a valid question.

From my experience:

Blu-ray
PS users anyway (PS/PS2)
Preferred games
Friends
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#23SparkItUpPosted 4/30/2014 5:47:23 AM(edited)
BBQMoosehead posted...

No, but I would pay 350-450 for one that doesn't come with Kinect. The point is, I don't like being forced to purchase a peripheral with my XB1 purchase that I don't want & won't use. The price has never been the issue for me in the long run. It's always been Kinect.

Now that being said, the longer a Kinectless bundle is not being offered, the less of a chance I will get one even if it is offered in the future.
#24garcia_jxPosted 4/30/2014 6:19:17 AM
PominAus posted...
garcia_jx posted...
BBQMoosehead posted...

For the most part, almost all games were the same and the power difference was minimal
I don't think it's the Kinect that's the problem, I think it's the Xbox's power, or lack of power that's the problem. Why buy an Xbox when you can buy a Ps4 and play the better versions of games? And this is a valid question.

Exclusives/controller/achievements etc. Why did people buy a ps3 last gen and play multiplats on it when the competitor had the better versions of those games? Also a valid question.
#25robat223Posted 4/30/2014 6:20:40 AM
I'd buy that.
---
Gamertag= Robat93
PSN= thegreatusurper
#26leelee3105Posted 4/30/2014 6:26:48 AM
Laylow12 posted...
Izraeil posted...
Laylow12 posted...
It's still an exclusives only box because the PS4 does everything else better. That's their fundamental problem and they still haven't got the buggy UI sorted yet...

PS4 does exclusives better too...

I agree with you but like the Wii-U which is a worthy consideration, the XBOX ONE can only be used for exclusives because everything else will be superior on the PS4. Im basically trying to find a reason for someone to actually want an XBOX ONE. =\

the extra blade of grass or whatever you guys on PS think you have pales in comparison to X1s FAR superior online service and FAR FAR superior controller. so actually Xbox does multiplats better, and to say PS has better exclusives at this point exposes you as a troll.
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!
#27hyjinx17Posted 4/30/2014 6:44:08 AM(edited)
Not unless they get exclusives I actually care about. Halo 4 was garbage and 5 will be too. I was done with Gears after 3. The Wii U is only $300, but I don't own one because there aren't games I want on it.

PominAus posted...
garcia_jx posted...
BBQMoosehead posted...

Unless the game was fundamentally broken(like the PS3 version of Skyrim) the games played exactly the same on both systems. The PS3 also had a better range of exclusives and this may be surprising, but a lot more people couldn't care less about trophies/achievements than do.
---
3DS friend code:3883-5502-4640 IGN:Zero
#28PominAusPosted 4/30/2014 6:49:08 AM
hyjinx17 posted...
Not unless they get exclusives I actually care about. Halo 4 was garbage and 5 will be too. I was done with Gears after 3. The Wii U is only $300, but I don't own one because there aren't games I want on it.

PominAus posted...
garcia_jx posted...
BBQMoosehead posted...

Unless the game was fundamentally broken(like the PS3 version of Skyrim) the games played exactly the same on both systems. The PS3 also had a better range of exclusives and this may be surprising, but a lot more people couldn't care less about trophies/achievements than do.

It may surprise you to learn that a "better range of exclusives" is entirely a subjective statement.
#29dnmtPosted 4/30/2014 6:56:25 AM
PominAus posted...
hyjinx17 posted...

PominAus posted...
garcia_jx posted...
BBQMoosehead posted...

It may surprise you to learn that a "better range of exclusives" is entirely a subjective statement.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=991a85&s=5#.U2EAyfmSx8E

lol.
#30Tyronelio1Posted 4/30/2014 7:01:22 AM
I wish Sony actually had a range of exclusives that aren't jrpgs or third person action games.

LBP is one of my favourite games of all time.

Sure they have gran turismo but Forza constantly beats it at its own game. :(

I do love David hater(is that how you spell it?) games though >.>
---
Welcome to Sonyfaqs.com.
Currently playing: FF: 13-3, NBA 2K13, Lego: Batman/LotR, DBZ Budokai HD collection, Hitman HD Trilogy and Sacred 2: Fallen Angel.