Realistically, how well would a $349.99 XB1 with Kinect sell?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Realistically, how well would a $349.99 XB1 with Kinect sell?

User Info: BBQMoosehead

BBQMoosehead
2 years ago#31
hyjinx17 posted...
Not unless they get exclusives I actually care about. Halo 4 was garbage and 5 will be too. I was done with Gears after 3. The Wii U is only $300, but I don't own one because there aren't games I want on it.

PominAus posted...
garcia_jx posted...
BBQMoosehead posted...
For those who dont have one yet, Would you buy one at that price?

I don't think it's the Kinect that's the problem, I think it's the Xbox's power, or lack of power that's the problem. Why buy an Xbox when you can buy a Ps4 and play the better versions of games? And this is a valid question.

Exclusives/controller/achievements etc. Why did people buy a ps3 last gen and play multiplats on it when the competitor had the better versions of those games? Also a valid question.

Unless the game was fundamentally broken(like the PS3 version of Skyrim) the games played exactly the same on both systems. The PS3 also had a better range of exclusives and this may be surprising, but a lot more people couldn't care less about trophies/achievements than do.

+1

XBOX first party exclusives blow (aside from Gears). That is pretty much the only reason why i owned a 360.

I would be the most shocked person in the world if MS actually delivers great new IPs and matches Sony. Highly unlikely, i dont believe them as easily as others do cause we all know MS are just a bunch of liars.

User Info: hyjinx17

hyjinx17
2 years ago#32
PominAus posted...
hyjinx17 posted...
Not unless they get exclusives I actually care about. Halo 4 was garbage and 5 will be too. I was done with Gears after 3. The Wii U is only $300, but I don't own one because there aren't games I want on it.

PominAus posted...
garcia_jx posted...
BBQMoosehead posted...

I don't think it's the Kinect that's the problem, I think it's the Xbox's power, or lack of power that's the problem. Why buy an Xbox when you can buy a Ps4 and play the better versions of games? And this is a valid question.

Exclusives/controller/achievements etc. Why did people buy a ps3 last gen and play multiplats on it when the competitor had the better versions of those games? Also a valid question.

Unless the game was fundamentally broken(like the PS3 version of Skyrim) the games played exactly the same on both systems. The PS3 also had a better range of exclusives and this may be surprising, but a lot more people couldn't care less about trophies/achievements than do.

It may surprise you to learn that a "better range of exclusives" is entirely a subjective statement.

It's not actually. A better range doesn't mean better quality. A better range means their exclusives were spread across more genres and it's fact that the PS3 exclusives were of a wider range than 360 ones.
3DS friend code:3883-5502-4640 IGN:Zero

User Info: 2006_

2006_
2 years ago#33
$349 won't happen, MS would suffer too much of a loss. Here is actually what I could see MS do to really push Kinect sales:

SKU 1: Xbox One + Kinect to $389
SKU 2: Xbox One + Launch game + 1 month Live for $449

The only way to compensate the loss the Kinectless SKU, is when someone buys a game for SKU 1 or use the profit earned with the sale of SKU 2.

User Info: Pixx0

Pixx0
2 years ago#34
BBQMoosehead posted...

Even if you paid me, I wouldn't get it.

or maybe get your money and resell it...I suppose it's a fair deal.
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.

User Info: youngskillz

youngskillz
2 years ago#35
349 would be the best but they won't lower it that much.

if they're smart they will do 399 soon.
Metal Bands OTM -- Arch Enemy, Eye of the Enemy, Exhortation, Mechanical God Creation, Fractal Gates, Wolfheart, Destinity, Neptune, Isolated.

User Info: Ada-Wong-Fan

Ada-Wong-Fan
2 years ago#36
Yes i pay 349.99 max for Xbox One&Kinect, but pay 399.99 only without kinect just xbox one
My Prediction Release Dates of Final Fantasy XV (Japan Release Date: Christmas 2014) / (International Release Date: January 16 2015)

User Info: RaRitsujun

RaRitsujun
2 years ago#37
youngskillz posted...
349 would be the best but they won't lower it that much.

if they're smart they will do 399 soon.
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 49 PSN Platinums - Level 26 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.

User Info: PominAus

PominAus
2 years ago#38
@ hyjinx17

Again, subjective. Xbox Live arcade has thousands of games across many genres. Please stop passing off opinion as fact.

User Info: PominAus

PominAus
2 years ago#39
dnmt posted...

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=991a85&s=5#.U2EAyfmSx8E

lol.

^In this post last generation was a whole 3 years!

User Info: Porunga

Porunga
2 years ago#40
PominAus posted...
dnmt posted...

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=991a85&s=5#.U2EAyfmSx8E

lol.

^In this post last generation was a whole 3 years!

That picture does not represent the entire generation. Nor was it intended to.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Realistically, how well would a $349.99 XB1 with Kinect sell?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived