Realistically, how well would a $349.99 XB1 with Kinect sell?

#31BBQMoosehead(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2014 7:12:22 AM
hyjinx17 posted...
Not unless they get exclusives I actually care about. Halo 4 was garbage and 5 will be too. I was done with Gears after 3. The Wii U is only $300, but I don't own one because there aren't games I want on it.

PominAus posted...
garcia_jx posted...
BBQMoosehead posted...
For those who dont have one yet, Would you buy one at that price?

I don't think it's the Kinect that's the problem, I think it's the Xbox's power, or lack of power that's the problem. Why buy an Xbox when you can buy a Ps4 and play the better versions of games? And this is a valid question.

Exclusives/controller/achievements etc. Why did people buy a ps3 last gen and play multiplats on it when the competitor had the better versions of those games? Also a valid question.

Unless the game was fundamentally broken(like the PS3 version of Skyrim) the games played exactly the same on both systems. The PS3 also had a better range of exclusives and this may be surprising, but a lot more people couldn't care less about trophies/achievements than do.

+1

XBOX first party exclusives blow (aside from Gears). That is pretty much the only reason why i owned a 360.

I would be the most shocked person in the world if MS actually delivers great new IPs and matches Sony. Highly unlikely, i dont believe them as easily as others do cause we all know MS are just a bunch of liars.
#32hyjinx17Posted 4/30/2014 7:35:02 AM
PominAus posted...
hyjinx17 posted...
Not unless they get exclusives I actually care about. Halo 4 was garbage and 5 will be too. I was done with Gears after 3. The Wii U is only $300, but I don't own one because there aren't games I want on it.

PominAus posted...
garcia_jx posted...
BBQMoosehead posted...

I don't think it's the Kinect that's the problem, I think it's the Xbox's power, or lack of power that's the problem. Why buy an Xbox when you can buy a Ps4 and play the better versions of games? And this is a valid question.

Exclusives/controller/achievements etc. Why did people buy a ps3 last gen and play multiplats on it when the competitor had the better versions of those games? Also a valid question.

Unless the game was fundamentally broken(like the PS3 version of Skyrim) the games played exactly the same on both systems. The PS3 also had a better range of exclusives and this may be surprising, but a lot more people couldn't care less about trophies/achievements than do.

It may surprise you to learn that a "better range of exclusives" is entirely a subjective statement.

It's not actually. A better range doesn't mean better quality. A better range means their exclusives were spread across more genres and it's fact that the PS3 exclusives were of a wider range than 360 ones.
---
3DS friend code:3883-5502-4640 IGN:Zero
#332006_Posted 4/30/2014 7:40:45 AM
$349 won't happen, MS would suffer too much of a loss. Here is actually what I could see MS do to really push Kinect sales:

SKU 1: Xbox One + Kinect to $389
SKU 2: Xbox One + Launch game + 1 month Live for $449

The only way to compensate the loss the Kinectless SKU, is when someone buys a game for SKU 1 or use the profit earned with the sale of SKU 2.
#34Pixx0Posted 4/30/2014 8:54:06 AM
BBQMoosehead posted...

Even if you paid me, I wouldn't get it.

or maybe get your money and resell it...I suppose it's a fair deal.
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#35youngskillzPosted 4/30/2014 2:48:05 PM
349 would be the best but they won't lower it that much.

if they're smart they will do 399 soon.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Arch Enemy, Eye of the Enemy, Exhortation, Mechanical God Creation, Fractal Gates, Wolfheart, Destinity, Neptune, Isolated.
#36Ada-Wong-FanPosted 4/30/2014 2:51:19 PM
Yes i pay 349.99 max for Xbox One&Kinect, but pay 399.99 only without kinect just xbox one
---
My Prediction Release Dates of Final Fantasy XV (Japan Release Date: Christmas 2014) / (International Release Date: January 16 2015)
#37RaRitsujunPosted 4/30/2014 3:31:35 PM
youngskillz posted...
349 would be the best but they won't lower it that much.

if they're smart they will do 399 soon.

---
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 49 PSN Platinums - Level 26 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#38PominAusPosted 4/30/2014 3:47:39 PM
@ hyjinx17

Again, subjective. Xbox Live arcade has thousands of games across many genres. Please stop passing off opinion as fact.
#39PominAusPosted 4/30/2014 3:52:14 PM
dnmt posted...

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=991a85&s=5#.U2EAyfmSx8E

lol.

^In this post last generation was a whole 3 years!
#40PorungaPosted 4/30/2014 3:55:17 PM
PominAus posted...
dnmt posted...

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=991a85&s=5#.U2EAyfmSx8E

lol.

^In this post last generation was a whole 3 years!

That picture does not represent the entire generation. Nor was it intended to.