Realistically, how well would a $349.99 XB1 with Kinect sell?

#41PominAusPosted 4/30/2014 4:10:42 PM
Porunga posted...
PominAus posted...
dnmt posted...

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=991a85&s=5#.U2EAyfmSx8E

lol.

^In this post last generation was a whole 3 years!

That picture does not represent the entire generation. Nor was it intended to.

if the topic at hand is that 'a better range of exclusives exists on platform X' and someone posts a link comparing exclusives for a three year period I'd say that's exactly what was insinuated.
#42Laylow12Posted 4/30/2014 4:18:55 PM
PominAus posted...
Porunga posted...
PominAus posted...
dnmt posted...

lol.

if the topic at hand is that 'a better range of exclusives exists on platform X' and someone posts a link comparing exclusives for a three year period I'd say that's exactly what was insinuated.

The point is to show that Microsoft abandons the platform after the first couple of years, Sony doesn't do that and continues to get stronger.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#43PominAusPosted 4/30/2014 4:24:14 PM
Laylow12 posted...
PominAus posted...
Porunga posted...
PominAus posted...
dnmt posted...

lol.

The point is to show that Microsoft abandons the platform after the first couple of years, Sony doesn't do that and continues to get stronger.

Sony takes forever to get started though. Balances out pretty well.
#44dnmtPosted 4/30/2014 10:14:33 PM
Oh that is some nice back pedaling. Nice!
#45VirobotPosted 4/30/2014 10:24:58 PM
Just take the Kinect out and sell it at 349.99 or 329.99.

I'd buy it there.
---
PSN/Steam:Jareski
This is a PSX: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSX_(video_game_console) |||| It's not a PS1!!!!!!!!
#46PominAusPosted 4/30/2014 10:52:53 PM
dnmt posted...
Oh that is some nice back pedaling. Nice!

Excuse me? Who's back pedalling? Please show me exactly how pointing out that "greatest variety" is a subjective point of view is back pedalling.

It would appear your reading comprehension needs work, not only did you post a link showing 3 years worth of exclusives (when it was clear the entire generations exclusives were being discussed) but you also managed to see back pedalling where there was none.

Of course, it may be that your reading comprehension is adequate and you are just trolling. Now that would be a surprise.
#47Cowboy082288Posted 4/30/2014 11:00:12 PM
My guess.... it would sell extremely well.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#48MisterGnomePosted 5/1/2014 12:00:18 AM
Pff. I'd buy one at $399.99 WITHOUT Kinect; that thing is a joke -- an unfunny one at that.
#49kyncaniPosted 5/1/2014 9:19:12 AM
$300~$350 would be OK, but Live needs to be worth it as well.

And that does mean either :

- 20 free games _every_year_
- or Steam level prices

The Xbox One would just be useless otherwise.
#50garcia_jxPosted 5/1/2014 9:52:05 AM
PominAus posted...
garcia_jx posted...
BBQMoosehead posted...
For those who dont have one yet, Would you buy one at that pTorice?

I don't think it's the Kinect that's the problem, I think it's the Xbox's power, or lack of power that's the problem. Why buy an Xbox when you can buy a Ps4 and play the better versions of games? And this is a valid question.

Exclusives/controller/achievements etc. Why did people buy a ps3 last gen and play multiplats on it when the competitor had the better versions of those games? Also a valid question.

For the most part, almost all games were the same and the power difference was minimal. Yeah, some games, early on, were better on Xbox, but eventually most multiplats were equal and it shows that people preferred the Xbox 360 for that reason. It destroyed the ps3 in US sales. The Asian market is a given for PlayStation. This gen, people are going the other way around. People are buying ps4 because it has the better versions just like the 360had the better versions