Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes ships 1 million across all platforms

#31DojoMaxPosted 4/30/2014 12:03:21 PM
ShadowNinja87 posted...
mike468 posted...
Glad to see it selling poorly. Shame on the devs for thinking they can charge $40 for what is essentially a demo.

Yet you all go out and pay 60 for a broken half ass copy and paste job call of duty game every year.

How can people claim CoD is copy and paste but complain how ghosts isn't like blops2 isn't like mw2 isn't like cod4
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVN_Ytl_bgA -- Titanfall is better on 360 than XBone.
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin:DojoMax
#32ArsenicSteelPosted 4/30/2014 12:13:21 PM
stawg007 posted...
Lol at people seriously suggesting it sold badly

And if it is a demo like so many people, 1 million shipped plus I'd imagine quite a large amount of digital sales, especially with digital being cheaper?

Pretty damn successful demo

Pretty good if it was from a niche franchise or new ip. Coming from a series that could sell about 4+ million units on one console is another story. Context is king.
---
A heretic among heretics.
#33MonicasBackPosted 4/30/2014 12:15:45 PM
Ive got like 12 hours in ground zeroes, well worth the 30 I paid for it.
---
Monicaaa
#34wolf_blitzer85Posted 4/30/2014 12:23:18 PM
dementedlullaby posted...
-Oath- posted...
Lol this board is so desperate that they can't wait to find something to bash. Pathetic.

If any game (demo) deserves bashing it would be GZ indeed.

I bet PS4 or Wii U owners would die for GZ.
---
I personally suggest you grab your Mountain Dew and Cheetos and lock yourself in your basement until she's gone. (ALIEN_WORK2HOP)
#35stawg007Posted 4/30/2014 12:23:44 PM
ArsenicSteel posted...
stawg007 posted...

And if it is a demo like so many people, 1 million shipped plus I'd imagine quite a large amount of digital sales, especially with digital being cheaper?

Pretty good if it was from a niche franchise or new ip. Coming from a series that could sell about 4+ million units on one console is another story. Context is king.

If this was TPP then yes, I'd agree but it's not

It's a prologue

And anyway, niche series or popular series, it doesn't matter, 1 million shipped plus the unknown digital sales for a "demo" is impressive either way
#36SonyPonyTonyPosted 4/30/2014 12:52:02 PM
These are pretty deplorable sales considering the franchise. I think once it got out that the game could be beaten in 10 min a lot of people decided to not buy. MGS couldn't even match TF sales and that was only on 2 platforms, MUCH smaller install base, cost $20 more, and was a new IP to top it all off.

And this was after a near immediate 25% price cut because of backlash. I hope Kojima is happy about alienating his fanbase in exchange for pulling this shady move
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
#37Homie_202Posted 4/30/2014 2:12:20 PM
mike468 posted...
Glad to see it selling poorly. Shame on the devs for thinking they can charge $40 for what is essentially a demo.
#38regsantotomasPosted 4/30/2014 2:15:43 PM
Considering that this game isn't equivalent to the scale of previous versions, we have no idea if these sales numbers are within expected margins by the publisher.

I think celebrating or downplaying a million sales in that regard is a bit silly.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#39ArsenicSteelPosted 4/30/2014 4:01:47 PM
stawg007 posted...
ArsenicSteel posted...
stawg007 posted...

If this was TPP then yes, I'd agree but it's not

It's a prologue

And anyway, niche series or popular series, it doesn't matter, 1 million shipped plus the unknown digital sales for a "demo" is impressive either way

Yes it does matter. The popularity of the franchise does comment on the expected numbers any and all products from the franchise are expected to do. 1 million shipped across 4 different platforms is horrible for MGS. Demo or not. 1 million only sounds good to plebeians because it is 1 MILLION. They have little understanding that this product would have 3-4 times that an sales if marketed better.

It can only be considered impressive from the standpoint of not being a full retail game. The cost of production could have been low and the sales could mean a lot more profit. However, that is not information we typically know.
---
A heretic among heretics.
#40Sith JediPosted 4/30/2014 4:12:56 PM
stawg007 posted...

For an established mega-hit franchise across 4 platforms PLUS being half the price of a real game...yes, 1 million is pretty bad.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/