I don't understand why MS gets hate for Kinect when Nintendo forces the Gamepad

#1zerooo0Posted 4/29/2014 9:45:01 PM
more than MS does the Kinect. I know some people are saying ditch the gamepad, but not in the same degree. Yes the Wii U is the cheaper console, but it's not as strong as the X1. MS the Kinect is completely optional unlike the Gamepad that you have to use for certain features. It just seems silly to me that MS gets so much hate for the "Un/Forced" Kinect compared to the more so forced Gamepad. To which the system doesn't even come with an option for just the simple controller.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#2aheroafakePosted 4/29/2014 9:46:55 PM
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#3XenoguyverPosted 4/29/2014 9:55:25 PM
zerooo0 posted...
more than MS does the Kinect. I know some people are saying ditch the gamepad, but not in the same degree. Yes the Wii U is the cheaper console, but it's not as strong as the X1. MS the Kinect is completely optional unlike the Gamepad that you have to use for certain features. It just seems silly to me that MS gets so much hate for the "Un/Forced" Kinect compared to the more so forced Gamepad. To which the system doesn't even come with an option for just the simple controller.

The Wii U does have an option for basic controllers. They have the pro controller which is reminiscent of a 360 game pad. The only problem I have with the Wii U pad is that even the system comes on it does too even when turning it on with the pro controller or the system power button. And although the screen can be turned off it isn't capable of being completely off unless I just haven't gotten an update. Its been six months since many Wii U was on.
---
X BOX Live Gamertag: sparkingPEGASUS, PSN: InfiniteSPARK
Mega Man Star Force 3 FC : 502728859626 (RJ Wolf)
#4garcia_jxPosted 4/29/2014 10:14:58 PM
The Wii U is well...the Wii, so people don't care; however, the Xbox was a high powered machine up until three Xbox One, so when it went three Wii U route, people went crazy with valid reasons.
#5TenzhiPosted 4/29/2014 10:22:16 PM
The Wii got nothing but contempt from me for its controller - because motion controls are horrible. The N64's controller I mocked for being three-handled. A pad with a second screen, however, doesn't bother me overmuch.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#6Robin_MaskPosted 4/29/2014 10:24:41 PM
It's why I despise the Wii U. It has so far, added NOTHING TO THE GAMES.

NSMBU? Make blocks to help friends.

SM3DW? Just a map.

101? Just do the shapes. Even then it can fail.

Other games? Substitution for a button like Batman or COD.
---
Please help support this great game! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#7zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2014 10:39:55 PM
Tenzhi posted...
The Wii got nothing but contempt from me for its controller - because motion controls are horrible. The N64's controller I mocked for being three-handled. A pad with a second screen, however, doesn't bother me overmuch.

I still wonder what was going through Nintendo head when they where designing the N64 controller haha.

Robin_Mask posted...
It's why I despise the Wii U. It has so far, added NOTHING TO THE GAMES.

NSMBU? Make blocks to help friends.

SM3DW? Just a map.

101? Just do the shapes. Even then it can fail.

Other games? Substitution for a button like Batman or COD.

I hear Retro didn't even use it for their Donkey Kong game. It's simply laughable to me at this point when Nintendo own first party doesn't use the big "WOW" factor of the console.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#8Robin_MaskPosted 4/29/2014 10:43:25 PM
zerooo0 posted...
I hear Retro didn't even use it for their Donkey Kong game. It's simply laughable to me at this point when Nintendo own first party doesn't use the big "WOW" factor of the console.

Wow that is sad and despicable, that is why I prefer X1 and PS4, just a simple control, no need for stupid BS to market.
---
Please help support this great game! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#9zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2014 10:46:42 PM
Robin_Mask posted...
zerooo0 posted...

Wow that is sad and despicable, that is why I prefer X1 and PS4, just a simple control, no need for stupid BS to market.

I would understand if it's just one of Nintendo lesser known developers, but this is RETRO! Surely one of Nintendo top developers should have been able to find something for the Gamepad right?
---
#10aheroafakePosted 4/29/2014 10:47:50 PM
zerooo0 posted...
Robin_Mask posted...
zerooo0 posted...

I would understand if it's just one of Nintendo lesser known developers, but this is RETRO! Surely one of Nintendo top developers should have been able to find something for the Gamepad right?

Maybe they didn't want to.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |