I don't understand why MS gets hate for Kinect when Nintendo forces the Gamepad

#11zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2014 10:50:42 PM
aheroafake posted...
zerooo0 posted...
I hear Retro didn't even use it for their Donkey Kong game. It's simply laughable to me at this point when Nintendo own first party doesn't use the big "WOW" factor of the console.

Wow that is sad and despicable, that is why I prefer X1 and PS4, just a simple control, no need for stupid BS to market.

I would understand if it's just one of Nintendo lesser known developers, but this is RETRO! Surely one of Nintendo top developers should have been able to find something for the Gamepad right?

I think that was the reason, but Nintendo should be pushing for some creative ways for the Gamepad even if the developer is less than enthusiastic about using it.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#12HorridhalPosted 4/29/2014 10:51:33 PM
Have you seen the abysmal Wii-U sales?

They are getting plenty of hate.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#13Jx1010Posted 4/29/2014 10:58:00 PM
The gamepad is actually FUN
Kinect is like punishment
#14zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2014 11:00:24 PM
Jx1010 posted...
The gamepad is actually FUN
Kinect is like punishment

That's subjective
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#15Robin_MaskPosted 4/29/2014 11:03:05 PM
aheroafake posted...
Maybe they didn't want to.

zerooo0 posted...
I think that was the reason, but Nintendo should be pushing for some creative ways for the Gamepad even if the developer is less than enthusiastic about using it.

The problem is, it is a bit of a selling point since IT IS IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE WHENEVER YOU ARE PLAYING A WII U GAME.

It's like saying Kinect and the touchpad on PS4 are vital to the games, then only a few games really utilize it.
---
Please help support this great game! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#16aheroafakePosted 4/29/2014 11:13:07 PM
Robin_Mask posted...
aheroafake posted...

zerooo0 posted...

The problem is, it is a bit of a selling point since IT IS IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE WHENEVER YOU ARE PLAYING A WII U GAME.

It's like saying Kinect and the touchpad on PS4 are vital to the games, then only a few games really utilize it.

To you.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#17Robin_MaskPosted 4/29/2014 11:24:46 PM
aheroafake posted...
Robin_Mask posted...
aheroafake posted...

zerooo0 posted...

To you.

I'm not even touching the laziness of Nintendo just utilizing the Wiimotes again. Smart move in capitalistic terms but lazy in design.

However, I do know that Bayonetta 2 is a big game I really want to buy but I'm patient, but a more darker Zelda game similar to Lord of the Rings in lore and a new F-Zero game can easily convince me.
---
Please help support this great game! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#18aj4x94Posted 4/29/2014 11:27:03 PM
Stuff like using the gamepad screen as a map or quick inventory management is more useful to me than voice commands.

Hell, if Alien Isolation ever came to the Wii U, there you go. Gamepad motion tracker.
---
Playing: Skyrim, Half Life 2, Dark Souls 1&2, Lords of Shadow, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, GTA V.
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#19Spetsnaz420Posted 4/29/2014 11:38:28 PM
I'd rather have the game pad from WiiU than a Kinect from X1

At least with the WiiU pad I could play games off screen when the wifes watching Netflix

But frankly I doubt I'll own either one any time soon
---
Searching for my long lost twin, is this you?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#20singhellotakuPosted 4/29/2014 11:41:26 PM
because we are all convinced nintendo is crazy and ignore it rather than getting mad, the gamepad actually makes the kinect look competent though.
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot...and weeaboo...I mean, honestly people.