Wow I'm pretty fed up with my Xbox One right now...

#1DirtyRollerPosted 4/29/2014 10:13:18 PM
What a **** Blu Ray player they put in this thing, first it pissed me off that it wasn't able to play burned Blu Rays, now I just checked out Gravity at a Red Box and it won't play. Works just fine on my roommate's PS3 though, oh and so do burned discs.

This was a huge reason why I jumped into next gen so quickly, I wanted a Blu Ray player again after my PS3 died on me a couple years ago.
---
Can't we all just play the video games we like and have fun?
#2Bill_BurrPosted 4/29/2014 10:14:47 PM
Dumb question but do you have the blu ray player app?
---
PS4: DeathThaKidX 3DS: 1864-9763-1030
Xbox One/360: DeathTheKidY
#3DirtyRoller(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2014 10:18:08 PM
Bill_Burr posted...
Dumb question but do you have the blu ray player app?

Yes sir. Has worked fine for every blu ray except burned ones and apparently this copy of Gravity...
---
Can't we all just play the video games we like and have fun?
#4Tobelarone007Posted 4/29/2014 10:28:21 PM(edited)
DirtyRoller posted...
now I just checked out Gravity at a Red Box and it won't play. Works just fine on my roommate's PS3 though, oh and so do burned discs.

This was a huge reason why I jumped into next gen so quickly, I wanted a Blu Ray player again after my PS3 died on me a couple years ago.

The Xbox One only plays Xbox One games. If you want to play a PS3 game, you will need to get a PS3.

I am not sure what is happening with the burned disks, are they games or movies?
#5Millertime660Posted 4/29/2014 10:27:19 PM
DirtyRoller posted...
What a **** Blu Ray player they put in this thing, first it pissed me off that it wasn't able to play burned Blu Rays, now I just checked out Gravity at a Red Box and it won't play. Works just fine on my roommate's PS3 though, oh and so do burned discs.

You might have an issue.... blurays work fine for me. Even gravity.
#6LonethernetPosted 4/29/2014 10:27:22 PM
it doesn't play burned copies of movies because of how anti-piracy MS is. Stand-alone BR players it makes sense that you can because they're not really more advanced than DVD players, no authentication programs looking for some little mark or program somewhere on the disc to make sure it's not a copy.
---
Been here for years but signed up before the dawn of the 8th gen for the boards! Going all out this time. Weirdtown chat user Lonethernet
#7xHughJasxPosted 4/29/2014 10:30:27 PM
Lonethernet posted...
it doesn't play burned copies of movies because of how anti-piracy MS is. Stand-alone BR players it makes sense that you can because they're not really more advanced than DVD players, no authentication programs looking for some little mark or program somewhere on the disc to make sure it's not a copy.

... No burned discs work perfectly fine for me Mr paranoia
---
If there wasn't people who blindly defended themselves when proven full of s*** time and again, there'd be no religious people.Or republicans. -jowephocks
#8LonethernetPosted 4/29/2014 10:50:28 PM
Ms. Paranoia. And they're not supposed to, I remember you used to have to mod your PS1/Xbox/360 ect in order to play burned things...
---
Been here for years but signed up before the dawn of the 8th gen for the boards! Going all out this time. Weirdtown chat user Lonethernet
#9Jx1010Posted 4/29/2014 10:59:08 PM
Replace ur xboxOne, its probably damaged
#10BushidoEffect3Posted 4/29/2014 11:02:37 PM
Time for ps4. does that play burned Blurays?
---
http://i.minus.com/ibgMA0LFIXHWnz.gif