Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony are way behind PC gaming in digital distribution.

#1Jedi454Posted 4/30/2014 1:22:37 AM
when it comes to digital gaming. Why has nothing been addressed about Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo's awful pricing for games. $60USD or $80-100AUD is what we pay for brand new games on the marketplace, PSN or whatever and we can't even loan that digital game copy to a friend on your friends list or resell it, meanwhile Steam kicks these companies in the nuts in terms of sales making it friendly for consumers who game on PC. I'm a console gamer at heart and i'm also lazy sometimes, so I want to be able to download a game digitally, but it's just cheaper for me to go the store and buy that game from a retail store, especially that I live in Australia.

No wonder PC gaming is growing larger and larger, these companies have ? boxes on their heads while walking the plank.
---
[Force Persuade] That is not an opinion, you are just a troll with no life.
#2samurai1900Posted 4/30/2014 1:26:04 AM
Well, that is true.

Nintendo gets an extra minus from me for their superbly inferior network structure~
---
For Shuppet fans and lovers - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ShuppetForLife
http://steamcommunity.com/id/SuperSamurai190//
#3Tyronelio1Posted 4/30/2014 1:28:07 AM
The whole closed market thing.

There's no competition driving prices down on consoles, if you want to buy digitally on console you have one option unlike pc games where as they are already cheap because publishers have to combat piracy some how and cheaper prices should entice people into buying them.

And steam, just like every service screws us Australians over in prices. :(

But MS and Sony both have been improving their weekly deals lately as compared to a few years go when they were a joke.
---
Welcome to Sonyfaqs.com.
Currently playing: FF: 13-3, NBA 2K13, Lego: Batman/LotR, DBZ Budokai HD collection, Hitman HD Trilogy and Sacred 2: Fallen Angel.
#4Cowboy082288Posted 4/30/2014 1:30:31 AM
samurai1900 posted...
Well, that is true.

Nintendo gets an extra minus from me for their superbly inferior network structure~

But they get a plus from me for keeping it free. So their still at 0 I guess.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#5Cowboy082288Posted 4/30/2014 1:32:17 AM
Like someone else said TC. Closed platform = no competition in digital sales. Which means no incentive for them to offer the kinds of deals steam does. And to top it off Sony and MS make their customers pay to play online.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#6dnmtPosted 4/30/2014 1:32:57 AM
PSN actually has some awesome sales and quite often at that. There's one or two going right now in fact.
#7cloudtheprophetPosted 4/30/2014 1:33:35 AM
samurai1900 posted...
Well, that is true.

They have sales often and I don't think this network structure you speak of has any detrimental effect on downloading games. I know Microsoft doesn't have many sales on the Xbone at least. I think Nintendo and Sony are getting better at digital distribution. Microsoft is lagging behind a bit
---
NNID: cloudtheprophet Xbox Live: Cloudtheprophet
#8Tyronelio1Posted 4/30/2014 1:34:38 AM
dnmt posted...
PSN actually has some awesome sales and quite often at that. There's one or two going right now in fact.

As does xbl, if you're a Star Wars fan then there's some good deals this week for you due to Star Wars day on may the 4th. (Be with you)
---
Welcome to Sonyfaqs.com.
Currently playing: FF: 13-3, NBA 2K13, Lego: Batman/LotR, DBZ Budokai HD collection, Hitman HD Trilogy and Sacred 2: Fallen Angel.
#9Spetsnaz420Posted 4/30/2014 1:38:04 AM
From what I've seen both MS and Sony have taken steps to improving pricing etc...

Lending games digitally is something I've accepted and will consider it a bonus if they allow it at some point.

Of the big 3 though... Who would you say has done the most to improve digital distribution?
---
Searching for my long lost twin, is this you?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#10Tyronelio1Posted 4/30/2014 1:41:22 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
From what I've seen both MS and Sony have taken steps to improving pricing etc...

Lending games digitally is something I've accepted and will consider it a bonus if they allow it at some point.

Of the big 3 though... Who would you say has done the most to improve digital distribution?

I'd say MS. (Inb4 fanboy)

As of late they have been very aggressive with getting games on demand ASAP and lowering prices regularly, but on the other side there's psn that let's you pre order and pre download(I think?) games.

I change it, they're both equal best.

Nintendo on the other hand. :(
---
Welcome to Sonyfaqs.com.