RUMOR 2014 Call of Duty game is called Patriots, set during World War 1, and....

#31Pontificus32390Posted 4/30/2014 10:44:44 AM
Did the screen shot that was supposedly from the next CoD look like a WWI soldier?
---
i5 3570k @ 4.3 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | 7870 2GB | 8GB Corsair Vengeance
Current Platforms: 3DS, PC, PS4, PS3, Vita, Wii U, X1, X360
#32Joey-ZazaPosted 4/30/2014 10:45:55 AM
Eleckzar posted...
Joey-Zaza posted...
Not to be grammar police, but you really should know that funner is not a word.

You dern gramar nazi!

In all seriousness, the world wars were my favorite time period in history. Modern and futuristic warfare has flooded the market and CoD needs to go back to its roots.

Remember the first one? You played as the Russians and you were the guy holding the ammo storming the beach.

For it's time COD was amazing.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#33MrSpaM111Posted 4/30/2014 10:46:39 AM
Jiggy101011 posted...
I would be interested in this, there aren't many WW1 games.

Theres a reason

Because sitting in a trench for a week waiting, to just then be clambering in mud snipping barbed wire fences isn't fun
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#34EleckzarPosted 4/30/2014 10:51:29 AM
Joey-Zaza posted...
Eleckzar posted...
Joey-Zaza posted...

You dern gramar nazi!

In all seriousness, the world wars were my favorite time period in history. Modern and futuristic warfare has flooded the market and CoD needs to go back to its roots.

Remember the first one? You played as the Russians and you were the guy holding the ammo storming the beach.

I miss those epic moments. Last time I was really wowed by CoD was the nuke.
---
Gamertag: Eleckzar
PSN: Eleckzar
#35hectic3Posted 4/30/2014 10:52:02 AM
Pontificus32390 posted...
Did the screen shot that was supposedly from the next CoD look like a WWI soldier?

I didn't think so, the first thing I noticed was what looked like a plastic buckle on the chin strap. Not sure if those were on helmets back then.

Either way, this sounds exciting. This is sledgehammer's first real title so hopefully they are striving to make a name for themselves.
#36Joey-ZazaPosted 4/30/2014 10:54:18 AM
I really enjoyed the ending of Modern Warfare 1 (CoD4). It was a very epic scene and done quite well. Somewhere between MW and BO the series took an incredibly bad turn for the worse where the Campaigns became second to the multiplayer (which also got worse).
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#37EllesarienPosted 4/30/2014 11:00:52 AM
Joey-Zaza posted...
Eleckzar posted...
Joey-Zaza posted...

You dern gramar nazi!

Sure it was a beach? I thought that was the Stalingrad defense against the Germans, I thought they did a little "Enemy at the Gates" there.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#38Joey-ZazaPosted 4/30/2014 11:04:58 AM
Ellesarien posted...
Joey-Zaza posted...
Eleckzar posted...
Joey-Zaza posted...

You dern gramar nazi!

Sure it was a beach? I thought that was the Stalingrad defense against the Germans, I thought they did a little "Enemy at the Gates" there.

Well I remember being on a boat, or maybe I'm like combining saving private ryan with the game? lol
---
#39necro00Posted 4/30/2014 11:15:42 AM
going to pre order as soon as possible.
#40Jedi454Posted 4/30/2014 11:17:26 AM
Son of a b****.

This may be the best CoD since MW2.
---
[Force Persuade] That is not an opinion, you are just a troll with no life.