RUMOR 2014 Call of Duty game is called Patriots, set during World War 1, and....

#41The_DOAMPosted 4/30/2014 10:25:42 AM
CoD isn't exactly trying to be historically accurate these days so I don't see much hype for WW1...or any twisted version of an actual war or combat situation.
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#42Robin_MaskPosted 4/30/2014 10:31:19 AM
SparkItUp posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
Hope they don't turn the single player into a 'Merica propaganda and its lets you fight as Britain and especially the Anzacs.

Speaking of which it was Anzac Day a few days ago.

It would make sense too because didn't the first WW start in 1914? Idk I'm probs wrong.

Never happen...'Murica has to be the main story or else it won't sell in the largest market.

Way to fail, seeing how the MW story is pretty much British protagonists with the rest being backup characters yet vital in actions.
---
Please help support this great game! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#43MlREFOXPosted 4/30/2014 10:37:05 AM
Oh, good, a trench warfare game where you win by putting up with your trench foot longer than the other guy.

Seriously, they couldn't have picked a worse war for an action game.
#44Duke_of_NukePosted 4/30/2014 10:46:47 AM
Joey-Zaza posted...
Ellesarien posted...
Joey-Zaza posted...
Eleckzar posted...
Joey-Zaza posted...
Not to be grammar police, but you really should know that funner is not a word.

You dern gramar nazi!

In all seriousness, the world wars were my favorite time period in history. Modern and futuristic warfare has flooded the market and CoD needs to go back to its roots.

Remember the first one? You played as the Russians and you were the guy holding the ammo storming the beach.

For it's time COD was amazing.

Sure it was a beach? I thought that was the Stalingrad defense against the Germans, I thought they did a little "Enemy at the Gates" there.

Well I remember being on a boat, or maybe I'm like combining saving private ryan with the game? lol

Maybe you're thinking of Medal of Honor? They had a mission where you storm the beaches at Normandy.
---
RIP Oderus Urungus.
#45SparkItUpPosted 4/30/2014 10:49:59 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
Jiggy101011 posted...
I would be interested in this, there aren't many WW1 games.

Theres a reason

Because sitting in a trench for a week waiting, to just then be clambering in mud snipping barbed wire fences isn't fun

Agreed. About the only way a WWI game could be remotely fun or interesting is as a strategy, resource management type of game....and honestly that would be a tough sell (if done right, it could be decent)..as a FPS, it's going to be about as fun as watching paint dry
#46Robin_MaskPosted 4/30/2014 10:53:35 AM(edited)
Duke_of_Nuke posted...
Maybe you're thinking of Medal of Honor? They had a mission where you storm the beaches at Normandy.

COD1 had the first Russian level be the Invasion of Stalingrad, like history, weapons were limited so some were given ammo and no weapon, forced to find one in the field. In the game you got a clip and forced to run through the MG fire. You start off in a boat that has the famous "NOT ONE STEP BACK!" speech and gets blown up right after you get off I think.

Medal of Honor, both, Allied Assault and Frontline had the SPR D-Day moment. Allied Assault being very similar to SPR in moments and having to go through the water. COD2 did Pointe-Du-Hoc with the Rangers instead and has some references to SPR in the beginning.
---
Please help support this great game! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#47SparkItUpPosted 4/30/2014 10:53:04 AM
Duke_of_Nuke posted...

He is talking about Call of Duty: Finest Hour, fast forward to 2:56

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPW3MidA0iA
#48OfficialAce-KunPosted 4/30/2014 10:54:49 AM
The La Li Lu Le Lo?
---
Anybody wanna join DELPHOXHOUND? Anybody?
#49Tyronelio1Posted 4/30/2014 10:56:46 AM
The_DOAM posted...
CoD isn't exactly trying to be historically accurate these days so I don't see much hype for WW1...or any twisted version of an actual war or combat situation.

Yeah I kinda noticed the historical inaccuracies when America was on its knees as Russia invaded.
---
Welcome to Sonyfaqs.com.
Currently playing: FF: 13-3, NBA 2K13, Lego: Batman/LotR, DBZ Budokai HD collection, Hitman HD Trilogy and Sacred 2: Fallen Angel.
#50Joey-ZazaPosted 4/30/2014 10:57:06 AM
Haha you guys were starting to convince me that I was crazy.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I