Digital Foundry comparison: The Amazing Spider-Man 2

#51AceAndJunpeiPosted 5/1/2014 9:48:11 AM
Skynet82997 posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
Skynet82997 posted...
da_StoOge posted...
Holy crap. That is probably the worst screen tearing I've ever seen. Digital Foundry did a poor job in conveying just how bad it was.

My money is on MS not allowing that to pass certification. The XBL version must have been uploaded by mistake.

Not trying to troll either. It's just that bad I needed to comment on it.

I've been playing the game since release, and while there is some screen tearing, it's minimal. That video is not representative of the actual game. Like I said, there is some occasional screen tearing, but it's nowhere near what this is showing.

So you got a special one-off copy that's different from everyone else's, eh?

How'd you manage that?

Of course not - but I'm telling you, as someone actually playing the game on XB1 and not just watching compressed, bad looking Internet videos - the screen tearing - while it does exist - just does not look that bad in any way.

But, seeing the group of user names in this thread, I knew I'd be called a liar - you know, as someone who actually owns the game and is playing it, clearly just watching vids on the Internet would make you far more of an authority on how the game runs than me.

Either way, it's a good Spider-Man game - I have some complaints, but it's a lot of fun and the swinging is great this time around - much more control and it feels a lot more realistic that the last game.

Sorry man, but every time a game has known issues there are posters just like you who claim it isn't happening on their version despite literally every source reporting the opposite. And I'm not just referring to Xbox fans either. All 3 companies most annoying fanboys do it.

"I don't get why every review said this game had a 2 minute loading time! Mine loaded in 1 second! I don't care if you believe me! Biased reviews!1!1!1!!1!1"

I'll believe the 99 unbiased people over the 1 who wants to justify their purchase.

Sorry.
---
Now Reading: The Poop That Took a Pee
#52Skynet82997Posted 5/1/2014 10:07:14 AM
AceAndJunpei posted...
Skynet82997 posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
Skynet82997 posted...
da_StoOge posted...
Holy crap. That is probably the worst screen tearing I've ever seen. Digital Foundry did a poor job in conveying just how bad it was.

My money is on MS not allowing that to pass certification. The XBL version must have been uploaded by mistake.

Not trying to troll either. It's just that bad I needed to comment on it.

I've been playing the game since release, and while there is some screen tearing, it's minimal. That video is not representative of the actual game. Like I said, there is some occasional screen tearing, but it's nowhere near what this is showing.

So you got a special one-off copy that's different from everyone else's, eh?

How'd you manage that?

Of course not - but I'm telling you, as someone actually playing the game on XB1 and not just watching compressed, bad looking Internet videos - the screen tearing - while it does exist - just does not look that bad in any way.

But, seeing the group of user names in this thread, I knew I'd be called a liar - you know, as someone who actually owns the game and is playing it, clearly just watching vids on the Internet would make you far more of an authority on how the game runs than me.

Either way, it's a good Spider-Man game - I have some complaints, but it's a lot of fun and the swinging is great this time around - much more control and it feels a lot more realistic that the last game.

Sorry man, but every time a game has known issues there are posters just like you who claim it isn't happening on their version despite literally every source reporting the opposite. And I'm not just referring to Xbox fans either. All 3 companies most annoying fanboys do it.

"I don't get why every review said this game had a 2 minute loading time! Mine loaded in 1 second! I don't care if you believe me! Biased reviews!1!1!1!!1!1"

I'll believe the 99 unbiased people over the 1 who wants to justify their purchase.

Sorry.

I never said it isn't happening - maybe you missed that part, what I said was it is infrequent and does not appear to be as noticeable when I'm playing on my 50" plasma.

And you really shouldn't throw fanboy stones in your glass house there. ; )
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#53Agent-GPosted 5/1/2014 4:56:32 PM
This game has terrible Screen Tearing just like Titanfall. The PS4 Version does not have screen tearing. This upsets me, What gives
#54garcia_jxPosted 5/1/2014 5:04:20 PM
If the res is 1080p, how come the graphics are so horrible?
#55quincy2000aPosted 5/1/2014 9:29:39 PM
Agent-G posted...
This game has terrible Screen Tearing just like Titanfall. The PS4 Version does not have screen tearing...

From the Digital Foundry article--"More interesting is the performance of the two versions. While 1080p30 is the target, the PS4 release does the best job of sustaining that performance level. There are a few dropped frames, but virtually nothing impedes the flow of the gameplay. It's a different story on Xbox One, where we see the implementation of an adaptive v-sync - the game caps frame-rate at 30fps just like the PS4 version, but unlike the Sony platform, frame render time often slips over budget. At this point, the game flips the framebuffer as soon as the next image is ready, while the console scans out to the display, causing screen-tear."

Again, why I buy multiplats on my PS4, not my X1.
---
http://www.thehdstandard.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/720p-vs-1080p.png
And, yes, I visit Eurogamer's Digital Foundry for X1/PS4 comparisons.
#56Garage_ManPosted 5/1/2014 11:44:23 PM
garcia_jx posted...
If the res is 1080p, how come the graphics are so horrible?

I actually laughed at that.
#57kyncaniPosted 5/2/2014 3:39:22 AM(edited)
Darkside_Shadow posted...
The Xbox One IS weaker. Why is that so hard to understand?

It's not.

That is why we're getting those threads with every single game : Xbox One games are just bad compared to the PS4 versions.

Edit : Of course, the Xbox One costing more for that amazing result does not help either.
#58BloodyDove2vsPosted 5/2/2014 4:10:22 AM
dolabla posted...
That tearing is crazy on the X1. Look at this (starting at the 6:46): http://youtu.be/aDsfcqWPU34?t=6m46s

It looks like a wave going through the screen.

Not a good thing.
---
"how much is your soul worth" XB1M13 < shazbot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp8aNBFFaw0
#59chubbychaserPosted 5/2/2014 4:27:09 AM
quincy2000a posted...
Agent-G posted...
This game has terrible Screen Tearing just like Titanfall. The PS4 Version does not have screen tearing...

From the Digital Foundry article--"More interesting is the performance of the two versions. While 1080p30 is the target, the PS4 release does the best job of sustaining that performance level. There are a few dropped frames, but virtually nothing impedes the flow of the gameplay. It's a different story on Xbox One, where we see the implementation of an adaptive v-sync - the game caps frame-rate at 30fps just like the PS4 version, but unlike the Sony platform, frame render time often slips over budget. At this point, the game flips the framebuffer as soon as the next image is ready, while the console scans out to the display, causing screen-tear."

Again, why I buy multiplats on my PS4, not my X1.

This is eexpected as everybody know PS4 is way more powerful than x1
---
aaaHAA!! X800 XT PE