Microsoft at Kinects unveiling: "The future of gaming is YOU as the controller"

#11badmanneilPosted 4/30/2014 10:13:48 PM
Microsoft over-hyping something??? No. can't be.
#12cmincPosted 5/1/2014 12:02:38 AM
Duke_of_Nuke posted...
Enclave posted...
Duke_of_Nuke posted...
Shovel_Break posted...
Microsoft on Kinect 2.0: "You can use it for voice commands and camming"

Do you see why people don't care for Kinect with the Xbox One? Even the improved "Kinect 2.0" isn't close to the original promise of Kinect

And who in their right mind would want their whole body to be the controller? Seriously what happened to MS? Ever since they dropped the ball with Windows Vista they've been on a downward spiral to oblivion. Mark my words Microsoft is in serious trouble and if they don't change soon they're doomed.

There's nothing wrong with Windows 7. Windows 8.x on the other hand...

Except that they are far worse than even Vista. You have no idea how many modifications I had to add to Win 8 just to make it usable. It's absolute garbage.

I love 8.1. not crazy about the tiles or having two completely different versions of the same handful of apps, but the os itself does everything i need it to do on a professional level easily and painlessly while playing every game I can throw at it, except for one legit copy of ghostbusters (it plays the illegal one fine, go figure), without an issue at all. And that's from ms dos all the way through windows 95 and up to stuff coming out now.

I won't argue with your take on 8, as I've never used it, but I swear by 8.1.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3 | Seagate 1TB 128 MB Cache HD | RS Challenger Case |
#13Foreign ObjectsPosted 5/1/2014 12:05:29 AM
And Nintendo thought their motion controllers would change gaming forever.
It didn't. It's a fun novelty that's basically it.
Same as the Kinect.

Gaming is keyboard/mouse or Controller ideally. Waggling a remote instead of pressing a button will never become mainstream.
---
etc
#14Terry-bogardPosted 5/1/2014 12:43:54 AM
Shovel_Break posted...

Do you see why people don't care for Kinect with the Xbox One? Even the improved "Kinect 2.0" isn't close to the original promise of Kinect

The problem of the kinect isn't that it doesn't work , well it doesn't , but it's not the problem. The issue is that it doesn't serve ANY purpose . Using your body as the controller is very impractical and only leads to a huge loss in gameplay even with 100% recognition accuracy.
You can do much more movements in a second on a controller than what can be recognized on this gadget with your own body.
A controller is 500% faster , smaller , more practical , doesn't need any room , does not tire you and is always pin point accurate.

There is little room for improvements.
Ps4 did it right with the DS4 and the touch pad , it succefully added more fonctions in game as if you had like 8 more buttons on the controller. It's easy to access , it works and it's not a liability.
The Xbox 1 tried to fix what isn't broken.
---
Only kids brag about performances in a videogame. Being good at a videogame is only about spending time playing it , nothing special about it.
#15pigboyPosted 5/1/2014 3:17:00 AM
Duke_of_Nuke posted...
Shovel_Break posted...

And who in their right mind would want their whole body to be the controller? Seriously what happened to MS? Ever since they dropped the ball with Windows Vista they've been on a downward spiral to oblivion. Mark my words Microsoft is in serious trouble and if they don't change soon they're doomed.

This.

Using the body is never going to be as precise & accurate & more options as a standard controller. It is why Wii motion games are more fun plus better control than Kinect game because Wii games are combination of both motion & use of controllers for game play.
#16bossk5Posted 5/1/2014 3:22:20 AM
"I hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving even knowing that tomorrow the PS4 launches in Europe and the territories sales will put the the Xbox One even further into LAST PLACE. Just a week it's been out and the Xbox One is in in distant third place, yeah that is one successful console alright LMAO

Man so much for Xbox, they lost their only chance at ever beating PlayStation with the Xbox One, it just cant compete with the PS4 in any way. Not even the 360 could keep the PS3 off it's tail both the 360 and Xbox One are selling less than the PS4 and PS3 :).

Enjoy your Xbox One though, I hope reading this message helped make waiting for your games to install less of the long wait it is! :)"

This is an actual pm the TC sent me on Thanksgiving. Keep in mind I owned a ps4 and not an Xbox One.

Just an FYI
---
I buy used games. Piss&MoanFaqs
#17Spetsnaz420Posted 5/1/2014 3:55:24 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
Naughty Dog's "The Last of Us"
Gaming has reached a new level (Only on PlayStation)

Did Sony force everyone who bought a PS3 to get it and raised the price accordingly?
---
Searching for my long lost twin, is this you?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#18Xeeh_BitzPosted 5/1/2014 6:01:09 AM
blacklabelice posted...
its time to take teabagging to the next level!

lol

cut out crotch so your sac will dangle!
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#19leatheljPosted 5/1/2014 6:09:57 AM
Just more hate and negative filled topics same old same old why do you ppl even come here it's obvious you down own a xb1 why troll so much?
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.