Why is there so much hate on the internet for the Xbox One!

#1StealthTifaPosted 5/1/2014 6:11:21 AM
Hello all! Using my post to ask this question as I just can't get my head around it.

I led off with an X1, as it had the games that interested me. I have so far enjoyed:
- Ryse: SoR
- Dead Rising 3
- Killer Instinct
- Plants Vs Zombies: GW
- Titanfall
- Forza 5
- Halo: SA

And the future looks like it will have some great experiences as well.
- Sunset Overdrive
- Halo 5
- Quantum Break
- Project Spark
- Class 4 (the MMO made by the State of Decay team)
- Gears 4
- Fable Legends

And it has sold/shipped more than 60% of what the 360 did in the same time, per MS. Yet everywhere on the net has it being blasted as being a total PoS, not worth the money, lacks games, isn't for gamers, etc.

Am I one of the few who has truly enjoyed the X1 and thinks the future looks good?

Just because Sony is doing insanely well, doesn't mean MS can't also be successful. Many products have a multitude of competitors and more than one is profitable and successful, why would gaming be different?
---
GamerTag = Stealth David (Friends Request with no message = Decline)
#2dnmtPosted 5/1/2014 6:15:05 AM
Hubris + anti-consumerism + the competition being cheaper and better.
#3axelfooley2k5Posted 5/1/2014 6:17:00 AM
a ton is about microsoft as a company

but i will take a jab at these games

- Ryse: SoR....................meh
- Dead Rising 3...............meh, killing zombies on a timer
- Killer Instinct.................mediocre fighter
- Plants Vs Zombies: GW....i like this game, only played like 20 minutes but it was fun
- Titanfall..........................good, but AI is bad and is lacking in content / not a full game
- Forza 5..........................i liked forza 4.....this is a step down......
- Halo: SA

And the future looks like it will have some great experiences as well.
- Sunset Overdrive.......................no footage whatsoever, but i am interested
- Halo 5
- Quantum Break..........................i like remedy, i hope it is good
- Project Spark
- Class 4 (the MMO made by the State of Decay team)
- Gears 4
- Fable Legends.............................fable is dead to me
---
Sergeant Harrison Yates
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv62bDzeWKQ
#4LEGEND_KILLERRRPosted 5/1/2014 6:17:41 AM
it's because of Don Mattrick. what he tried to do was unbelievable.

and it's only a very few pockets of people that just hate it because they fanboys/Kids it's really not that many people
---
XBO/PS4 HauntedBlueMoon - The Red Turtle Shell. Terrorizing Gamers Since 1992
#5Laylow12Posted 5/1/2014 6:18:13 AM
Forced advertising peripheral that you pay for.

http://adage.com/article/special-report-ana-annual-meeting-2013/xbox-reshape-marketing/244605/

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#6RagnarokxvPosted 5/1/2014 6:18:56 AM
Most people think that those who willingly use Kinect are unintelligent for allowing such an invasive system in to their home.
---
Did I say that, or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me??
#7chasempaynePosted 5/1/2014 6:19:18 AM
I have both the PS4 and Xbox 1, I bought it simply for exclusive games potentially releasing on either console.

I hate the xbox controller, it just feels so un ergonomic to me. Unlike the ps4, I cannot easily place my hands on both the L1 and L2 counterparts and its really annoying.

The kinnect is useless as well, they make it look so much more effective on TV than it really is... I have to shout at my TV for it to understand me.
#8GeistPosted 5/1/2014 6:19:33 AM
Bored children at school playing on computers and phones just to tick you off, that is the only true answer. No one really hates the XB1, at least I hope so. I mean it's an electronic box that plays game, one seriously needs to have some mental health issues to care that much about it.
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#9axelfooley2k5Posted 5/1/2014 6:19:38 AM
call me whatever you want but i will own one when it is worth owning
at 500 that is how i feel about those games and all 3rd party games run better on my ps4

i need quality exclusives..........immediately

i can see myself buying one at 400 with sunset overdrive and quantum break
---
Sergeant Harrison Yates
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv62bDzeWKQ
#10da_StoOgePosted 5/1/2014 6:20:15 AM
Microsoft and Kinect (and a lacklustre second half of the 360's life cycle).

The games might be decent, the console itself might not be that bad, but after what MS tried to do, are still doing, and the direction they look to be heading in...yeah, I don't want One.
---
Being modded without reason since 2035.