Why is there so much hate on the internet for the Xbox One!

#81RaRitsujunPosted 5/1/2014 3:23:30 PM
dnmt posted...
Hubris + anti-consumerism + the competition being cheaper and better.

---
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 49 PSN Platinums - Level 26 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#82iceltPosted 5/1/2014 4:26:31 PM
dnmt posted...
Hubris + anti-consumerism + the competition being cheaper and better.

---
PSN: icelt
"Beaker on a Hot Tin Roof" http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m506y4kNRX1rxuzpho1_500.gif
#83ascendedcobraPosted 5/1/2014 5:15:46 PM
Because the American public is brainwashed into hating successful American companies. They would rather we lose all business here and only foreign be successful.
Then they can complain they spent all that money on college but there's no jobs.
#84TomoEK9Posted 5/1/2014 5:17:26 PM
ascendedcobra posted...
Because the American public is brainwashed into hating successful American companies. They would rather we lose all business here and only foreign be successful.
Then they can complain they spent all that money on college but there's no jobs.

Could it possibly be that a lot of these American companies shoot themselves in the foot by putting profit before anything else?
#85shawnmckPosted 5/1/2014 6:02:40 PM
The real question is, why is there so much denial that Microsoft F'd up ?
MS tried to force digital, On-line DRM, kinect, and all at a higher price.
Plus, the XBO is getting worse ports than the PS4 due to the XBO's limitations.
Seems to me that people have a legitimate right to be peeved over the XBO and Microsoft.
If you can't understand why, then you are just a clueless Microsoft fanboy that is living in denial.
#86AllgorhythmPosted 5/2/2014 3:17:42 AM
ascendedcobra posted...

That's not true. Many of us who are criticizing the X1 are avid supporters of the original Xbox and, even more so, the 360. I like the PS3 and think it's a more powerful machine than the 360. Nevertheless, I have heavily favored the 360 over the PS3 because of its user interface and gaming community experience. It is the gaming community Microsoft built that has directed its ire against the X1 creator. Instead of leveraging that powerful community, MS has ignored it in order to pursue its own sketchy ambitions. Those sketchy ambitions seem to have little to do with gaming.

BTW, Microsoft couldn't even get the X1's user interface right. Compared to the 360, it's a disorganized and incoherent clutter. Despite being the more powerful machine, tiles are plagued with long loading times. I've been told (but have no confirmation) that the user interface was dumbed down so the Kinect could support it. If so, that's just one more of many strikes against the Kinect.
#87moogie101Posted 5/2/2014 4:03:56 AM
Ultimately a lot of the hate for the X1 comes down top how terribly they handled the launch.

A lot of people who would likely have stuck with MS were so disappointed with their plans for next-gen that they went with PS. Then MS backtracked on everything, upsetting those people who had liked what they were proposing. Then the consumers hear that PS is cheaper & more powerful & so unsurprisingly it's more popular??

I'm surprised there's not more hate for the X1 if honest. They had a strong brand & loyal consumer base and still managed to screw it up.
#88InjusticeRebornPosted 5/2/2014 4:06:35 AM
Laylow12 posted...

I see piles of BS all around him.

Nah, if you just removed them cool kid shades once in a while and cleaned them, you wouldn't see it everywhere, supposedly on other users.

I didn't click the links, but from what I've seen of cheeze during my time here, that last reply wouldn't have had that form if cheeze wasn't certain he was right.

The usual condescending tone came about. You've come in with your say, because what cheeze said is probably true (again, I didn't click the links)? Lol, a few of the usual crowd have been digging themselves a hole over the last few days. I think they've been at it a little too long now.
---
10/03/14-11/03/14 - the day GameFAQs turned into the Dead Sea of the internet.