MEGATON:Xbox One Parity Clause a 'Shame'

#11axelfooley2k5Posted 5/1/2014 11:17:13 AM
AsisnMansBurden posted...
Words can't describe.

how amazing this is?
---
Sergeant Harrison Yates
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv62bDzeWKQ
#12TauriLeaderPosted 5/1/2014 11:59:18 AM(edited)
It is odd developers are complaining now when Microsoft did it all last generation as well.

I didn't see any articles last generation when Xbox was in the lead complaining they can't published on PS3 because of the clause.

Edit it was different last generation. Microsoft required themselves to publish the title or if you wanted to release after the PS3 version you needed a third party publisher.

My mistake but they follow the same idea.
---
Due to recent economic conditions, and the rising cost of Electricity, Gas and Oil, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
#13InterzoneMantraPosted 5/1/2014 12:13:57 PM
that's pretty damn bad of ms to be doing that. In the end it's just gonna force developers to migrate away from the x1
#14HorridhalPosted 5/1/2014 12:23:46 PM
InterzoneMantra posted...
that's pretty damn bad of ms to be doing that. In the end it's just gonna force developers to migrate away from the x1

As the guy said in the article, it already has.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#15SoulTrapperPosted 5/1/2014 12:41:31 PM
TauriLeader posted...
It is odd developers are complaining now when Microsoft did it all last generation as well.

I didn't see any articles last generation when Xbox was in the lead complaining they can't published on PS3 because of the clause.

Edit it was different last generation. Microsoft required themselves to publish the title or if you wanted to release after the PS3 version you needed a third party publisher.

My mistake but they follow the same idea.

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that the architecture in these new consoles is much more similar to PCs, which allow for easier porting.

This means more devs who already released their game on PC are now missing out on releasing their games on the xbox.

Those devs see a missed opportunity for some easy profit and they complain in greater number.

I can't disagree with them, though, this clause makes absolutely no sense at all.
#16BIackPriviIigePosted 5/1/2014 1:10:41 PM
axelfooley2k5 posted...
AsisnMansBurden posted...
Words can't describe.

how amazing this is?

Yes, amazingly embarrassing for MS that they have to resort to such desperate tactics to try to get some actual games for XBone.
#17necro00Posted 5/1/2014 1:12:38 PM
Lol Indie games suck, id rather let other systems have that trash
#18mokmuudPosted 5/1/2014 1:22:40 PM
necro00 posted...

Haters gotta hate.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#19MRL3G3NDPosted 5/1/2014 1:24:58 PM
I could care less about a rooty poop indie game...

I gamed through the 80's & 90's and don't find it entertaining at all that they are releasing Atari 2600 to Super NES games in 2014...

I swear the people that eat these things up are the little brothers of the time who wanted to hold the controller but weren't old enough to play yet

LMAO
---
WU-TANG vs BF4
http://youtu.be/TVmvMvJ67zo
#20HorridhalPosted 5/1/2014 1:33:52 PM
Horridhal posted...
Inb4indiedeveloperdoesntcountlulz.

It is almost like I'm psychic :

necro00 posted...

MRL3G3ND posted...
I could care less about a rooty poop indie game...

You people are way too easy to read.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.