MEGATON:Xbox One Parity Clause a 'Shame'

#31TiredofhearinguPosted 5/1/2014 4:09:38 PM
The indie developer of today can end up the AAA studio of tomorrow...
#32HorridhalPosted 5/1/2014 4:20:33 PM
gohoanq posted...
This gen might be a good thing.. because maybe it'll tell MS they aren't the end all be all of gaming and they may change. lol Last gen PS3 was screwed because of MS's money and bs "release at the same time" clause. :/
---

It wasn't entirely money.

A lot of their bargaining power came from the fact that their install base dwarfed the ps3 for much of the early gen. This let them create policies like this one and forced most devs to abide by them if they wanted to sell to that base.

It will be interesting to see how many devs jump ship until it is changed since they no longer have that install base to bargain with.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#33LooksLikeRainPosted 5/1/2014 4:32:02 PM
I support the parity clause. These developers are given free devkits and tools. FREE. Then they're going to put MS on the back burner and develop for another platform? Serves them right.
---
For the love of god, stop saying 'whilst.'
#34cloudtheprophetPosted 5/1/2014 5:03:30 PM
Nintendo did something similar with the nes and snes. It's still biting them in the butt
---
NNID: cloudtheprophet Xbox Live: Cloudtheprophet
#35CharocksPosted 5/1/2014 5:20:28 PM
Mojang says hi.
---
Former Xbox Fan - A Flying Ewok
Official Arrow in the Knee of the Skyrim board (360)
#36TomoEK9Posted 5/1/2014 5:22:35 PM
LooksLikeRain posted...
I support the parity clause. These developers are given free devkits and tools. FREE. Then they're going to put MS on the back burner and develop for another platform? Serves them right.

Well considering that competitor bends over backwards to make everything easy for those indie devs, it makes sense they would want to develop for them first.

What good is a free devkit if you have no support from the supplying company?
#37EnclavePosted 5/1/2014 5:26:31 PM
LooksLikeRain posted...

Sony also has been making it as easy as possible for indie devs, so why should they give Microsoft special treatment?
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#38mokmuudPosted 5/1/2014 6:16:02 PM
Enclave posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...

Sony also has been making it as easy as possible for indie devs, so why should they give Microsoft special treatment?

Exactly
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#39chubbychaserPosted 5/1/2014 6:22:13 PM
its raining indie games on ps4. xbone is done.
---
aaaHAA!! X800 XT PE
#40CKnightPosted 5/1/2014 6:31:48 PM
Is the clause that games have to release on the X1 the same day as the PS4?

If so I don't understand why it's a bad thing. Maybe that's why Amazing Spider-man was released digitally the same day as every other console even though hard copies weren't ready for X1.

If that's what the clause is I don't get all the overreaction of OMG they must change this. I hope they don't.

Also I would like a list of all the devs that walked away and the games they make. I support Indie games but I'm pretty sure none of them won't be missed or even noticed.